The LED hack shack and other tall tales

996 gr total, from the 2x 600W HPS

m super happy with that, with the many differnt phenos and strains.
The Cheese didn’t yeald, as well as it have done the past two grows.

Now I have to cure the C5 Mango, and select a keeper mom.

Im gonna take a short break, why I haven’t taken any new clones yet.
I will take clones in a few weeks, the next grow will be a mono crop of the THH x C99 Cross.

16 Likes

Cleaned up the flower room, washed the flow table and vaccum cleaned the floor.
Washed the reservoir out and got all of the muck out of the bottom, emptied out the pots and removed the majority of the root ball.

Started washing the hydroton, but my back have a hard time handling this task.
So I desided to go with bacteria and enzymes, and filled the unwashed clay pepples back in the pots.

Uncapped all the drippers, so they could flush out loose gunk. Refilled the reservoir, and started the pump.

Now I have been keeping fish for many years, and know a few people with Koi ponds.
My flow table with hydroton drip, if I turn it on 24/7. It turns into one big biofilter, a ‘Bakki’ filter in Koi talk or trickling filter if we talk wastewater cleaning.

The bacteria is already pressent in my hydroton, as well as the bio sponges in the reservoir.
Enzymes will speed up everything, not that they break down the old roots. But they will boost the bacterias, so they can do their work faster.

Weekly dose to my 250L reservoir 5 ml

Will do a weekly 50% water change, before redosing with enzymes.

I have used Koi pond enzymes before, but never to clean hydroton like this.
In theory this should work great, but how fast it will break down old dead roots, will be very interesting.

I will keep up using the enzymes, thru out the next grow.
5 ml a week.

6 Likes

Nice harvest! Should last ya a week or 2 :sunglasses:

4 Likes

If not, I got the LED cab ready to harvest in a few weeks! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Got a few more cupboard doors mounted, slow progress but it’s moving along.

8 Likes

Done

Took a while to get each door mounted correct, so it would close with a tight fit and be level. With the twin door, and lining up with the other closet’s two doors.

Got it to where I think it’s acceptable, and it won’t look crooked.

Nice to get done with this step

12 Likes

@Palindrome
Is each vertical section going to be divided into 3 sections (3 doors) or one tall section? If one tall, why didn’t you use one door per side?

2 Likes

They are gonna be devided into individual horizontal cabinets, just like my veg closet but a little different devided.
All details should be there, in prev. posts on messurments.

For the veg closet, it’s not a problem with the tall doors.
But they leak light between the layers, I have had to hand curtains for my flower tests.

And I can’t have that in the flower cabinet, in case I need to run the layers on different cycles.
I fear that in the summer time, I might not be able to run all 3 layers at once.
Where if I run the top and bottom, during the day and the middle section at night.
I won’t have as much heat build up, as if all 3 layers run at once.

It might not become a problem, but I do my best to plan ahead.

Day 64 LED Flower test

6666 side

12/12 from clone side

Another 2-3 weeks , trichomes are starting to get cloudy, but I am aiming for ambers.
From the look of it, there should be nothing preventing me, from letting them go as long as needed.
I won’t start flushing them, untill I start spotting ambers. And then start flushing them, till they are nice, yellow and ripen.

13 Likes

Got the last of the C5 Mango trim tumbled, and handpressed it into a ball

Total yeald from my trim of the 2 prev. harvests is around 34 grams

It’s far from a pure quality, and it contains some plant matter.
Each ball have been vacuum packs, and will be heat cured in a mason jar.
Placed at a hot spot in my boiler room, at a constant 32C degree temp.
I will store it like that for 6-12 months, turning the balls or flip the jar once in a while.

I have only once done this many years ago, will be nice if it works out as well as last time.
This round I don’t have any male pollen to mix in, future project once I get some males flowering.

11 Likes

Cutting up some more wood sheets

Im not done yet and to save a little money, I have to make the bottom sheet’s in two parts.
I wasn’t able to get sheet’s wide enough, so cutting one peace bottom sheets, would result in a lot of waste.

Still need to cut the end of the bottoms, and the heat reflectors that will be placed between each layer.

11 Likes

It’s coming along nicely. I love the concept.

3 Likes

Thank you @ReikoX

Got the last bottom sheets cut, still need to fit an edge and cut the IR reflector.

Done for today!

7 Likes

Been out shopping again

7 Likes

6 Likes

IR reflectors been cut and put in place, to reflect heat down and out with the exhaust.

10 Likes

I recognise that joinery build skills anywhere, nice to see you full circle bro. K+

3 Likes

Thank you bean, and good to see you here. K++

2 Likes

Mmmmm look at my new Cup Drill

Some holes later!

Need to get me a new angle grinder, forgot I killed the crap one the misses got.
And forgot some drain fittings, so tomorrow will be another trip to the tool and plumbing store.
Had not really planned for a 300$ angle grinder, in my budget right at this moment.
Just to be honest, tho I love getting myself tools.

Im just gonna do that new ducktless ventilation, run it on my WIFI and controlled by a Sonoff. :smiley:

9 Likes

Gave my self a gift today!

I know they say money can’t buy happines,
but it can buy powertools and thats pretty close!

11 Likes

Hmmm I was sure I was covered with 125 mm duckt, with the two 125 mm duckts I had in the attic and a 160 mm as well.
Turns out I had one 125 mm and two 160 mm duckts, so got to go buy more of that.

Moved on to the drains.

I had to get creative, as I wasn’t able to find bulkheads. That would fit my drain pipes, and the drain pipes that would fit bulkheads.
Well let’s just say I don’t wanna pay the price, and wait for it to get here.

Not a problem!

Drilled the walls in the cabinets, with a cup drill slightly bigger then the collar of a 45 degree 50 mm drain fitting.
Then I cut four plywood squares, and drilled them with a cup drill.
With the same diameter as the drain pipe, mounted that on the outside of the cabinet end wall.

After the glue had dried, it looks like this.

Once everything is put together, I will fill out the gab around the fitting with silicone.
And in the end, it will be coated with a thin layer of polyester resen, maybe some fiberglass as well.

The finished drain will look like this, but clearly I will need to get the ventilation done first.

9 Likes