The Legends of OG

I had a partner here in the OG days went by the handle of LFD or little fat dog, he helped me immensely

2 Likes

Yes Brother…I just turned 63. We have come a long way but our fight isn’t over yet. :dark_sunglasses:

16 Likes

Really I’m only 58 ish. I had to put up with Nelson Rockefeller and his opression of hippies we are making strides every day now

8 Likes

Thanks for all the inspiration …your fucking legends …so happy overgrows back in action

8 Likes

Welcome Indica! I hope you enjoy the new OverGrow.

5 Likes

Hello @Indica and welcome to OG!

If you were part in old OG, be sure to not miss this member gathering.

2 Likes

Does anybody remember the username of that one guy (I think he was Canadian) who had a small warehouse full of floor-to-ceiling shelves packed with 8ft fluoros for thousands of plantlets? Just racks and racks of SOG and getting surprisingly decent results because he had so many fluoros very close to the plantlets. That’s one original setup I will never forget.

4 Likes

I’m surprised no one has mentioned So Quick! Dude was killing it on a massive scale with NFT and recirculating drip systems in one of the blackest of black states. High quality pics through all stages of plant growth. He all of a sudden up and dissappeared and no one knew what happened to him. We suspected he got busted and I’ve always wondered to this day.

Of course BOG, but he’s already been mentiond 20 times in this thread LOL but yeah BOG was putting up insanely high quality macro shots of his Sour Bubble just littered with trichs, sparkling like a christmas tree, and his rolling tray covered in kief. The FMCD macro shots put up by BOG and Bubbleman were top rate as well. Sour Bubble was, and still is, the pre-OG OG without all the stories, spin and hype! I also remember the classic shot of BOG hiding his face behind a plant he was holding, wearing a robe with a vacuum by his side.

and ~Shabang~, certainly everyone remembers him.

I wasn’t growing while I was on Overgrow, but I was soaking up knowledge and collecting seeds, which was enough to satisfy my growing curiosity at the time. Once overgrow went down in early '06, I got fed up and knew I had to do my part to help overgrow the government. So I started my first grow of some Nirvana Bubblegum(chosen due to lack of funds and BOG’s apparent fondness for bubblegum, as well as not being sure if the seeds would make it. They did and went back and got some Sweet Tooth #3, chosen for low odor, and SOL mystery mix) in the summer of '06!

13 Likes

Does anybody remember the username of that one guy (I think he was Canadian) who had a small warehouse full of floor-to-ceiling shelves packed with 8ft fluoros for thousands of plantlets? Just racks and racks of SOG and getting surprisingly decent results because he had so many fluoros very close to the plantlets. That’s one original setup I will never forget.

I remember this guy, but I believe he was European and he was in self-storage unit(s), same as So Quick. I don’t remember his username.

3 Likes

Hello @XipXipXoom! Thanks for joining in.

1 Like

nice! I had forgotten about that. I hope that OG server surfaces some day! yes, I remember So Quick and the fluoro guy also.

2 Likes

Is this the Russian that had the big warehouse grows? I always assumed you were mobbed up. You’re a legend too. But so is Yummybud so don’t get a big head about it.

2 Likes

I just posted an old one at IG…still haven’t got the knack of it here…BushyOG

9 Likes

Katunga or Katatunga or same thing similar was his name? A “Australian Native”, friend of Bushweed?
…I think the Oaxacan growed in Australia picture I shows inna The DogsHouse was from him, at least Bushweed take the picture…

5 Likes

Kangativa was his name :wink: I heard he got busted a few years back, not sure what happened to him after that.

5 Likes

Yeah, Kangativa, thanks @FeralA9X! A great, great Old School Outdoor grower.
I afraid he was captured by police years ago, but dont know anything more… @Muleskinner
Kangativa, one of the greastest growers…
The first Higland Oaxacan Gold showed in this The DogsHouse’s post, it is growed by Kangativa:

5 Likes

Yeah an absolute awesome grower, grew some real trees :slight_smile: I never got the chance to meet him, I’m only a few hours from where he was and have family up that way, would love to run some of his genetics, really knew his stuff about the big sativas :wink:

5 Likes

N dosent ya forguet, OG’s people, one of the greatest breaders in the world, Charlie Garcia AKA Kaiki

4 Likes

That’s a shame! I hope he’s doing OK now. Those Mullimbilly Madness plants were incredible, the largest cannabis plants I’ve ever seen, very inspirational. I remember he was sharing the seeds with people too.

4 Likes

I remember " memy selfandi "sent me on a 8year journey on a perpetual sea of green… … No veg… Zero, from rooted clone in the 98 sheet dome I put under the bloom tables to full bloom lights and nutes… No veg… No moms for over 8 yrs😅I was using a suspected ruderalis heavy island sweet skunk phenol with a flowering time that drifted north of 90 days… Bud it would not stop flowering ever… Like you could take a newly rooted clone in a 1 by and throw it into 1200ppm (700scale) under thousands of wars of hps mext to a flowering plant 6ft tall… It would grow under 12/12 for a month in the vegetative state and bloom at 6 ft exactly…and never stop… Towards the end of the 7 year period it was literally a vining plant… It would twist around the layers of trellis netting and the bud clusters would hang from the trellis like bundles of grapes… The strongest skunk fuel smell I have ever encountered in all my travels by far… And if you smoked more then a half ounce in a day you would hallucinate (full on trails) Any way it was him that helped push me to discover and explore ruderalis … You can do more then auto flower with those genitic resources afforded to you by ruderalis heavy ancestors … You can auto veg in winter and auto bloom in summer… Just depends which way you run your selections… But thank you… Memy Selfandi… For the encouragement to pursue my idea… K+ to you buddy

12 Likes