The Legends of OG

hey @Indra sorry to bug… does your patent cover a different extraction than andrew jones’ patent on closed loop ? i heard someone say you had a BHO patent but I couldn’t find info online what it was for

2 Likes

I Met Breeder Steve in Lugano, Switzerland and we visited his factory and grow tubes outside. From his grow you could see huge outdoor grows not far off. That was when it was legal to grow there and Mr. Nice had a huge greenhouse operation going where I met Shantibaba. He was a Prince of a guy and he swore he wouldn’t stop growing when they planned to stop the pot growing.

The greenhouses were HUGE and he had about ten of them in a large complex of many football field size greenhouses. One was just for clones and in back it had a jungle of huge mother plants for their gigantic clone operation. Thousands of clones were in conveyors on large trays of like 100 on each tray. It all made my grows seem so insignificant but I tried not to look overly impressed. :golfing_man:t3:

Bubbleman was there with us and Barge rode with us to the Dam in Gypsys Jaguar. Nicest car I ever drove and it would do 156 mph as smooth as silk down the autobahn. It had a supercharged v8 and used a lot of gas on the trip but we rode in style for sure. Not bad for a bunch of stoners…:sunglasses:

In Amsterdam we had our own cannabis cups and I had some times visiting Soma. He is a teacher I love and admire for his knowledge and spirit. It was fun watching him make bubblehash and early bho. He would add some bho to his bubblehash making a souped up version but I preferred his just bubblehash for it’s smoother smoke.

We even had our own stoner party boat for these events Gypsy organized. It was a lifeboat from the Queen Mary and we had bongs and vapes in plain view. I got the locals roaring when I acted like a crazy American stoner tourist on the boat. It was great and I smoked Nevilles Haze with a rotund local named Steve who liked my sour bubble.

I will never forget my adventures in Europe with Gypsy … Bog :man_farmer:t2:

32 Likes

That sounds like a movie is due!

3 Likes

Ha! Ha! Now that sounds fun! :grin:

1 Like

too bad I didn’t get to meet you too @BogSeeds
we were invited too to the cup as my wife was doing some graphic work for GN stashboxes website , but I don’t remember what shit came up and we couldn’t… :weary:
bubbleman we did meet him in Switzerland @ cannatrade 2002 or 2003. and if I remember well Barge was there too that year…
Scott ( shantibaba) was there with Howard too.
Mr nice operation was pretty astonishing, that’s sure… but what left me speechless back then was Steve’s seedlings selection room…when he took me in and I first saw this thousand of seedlings dead my heart stopped for a while… Steve’s was laughing while telling me " I want just the best ones to start with" as he saw my face …for me it was heartbreaking…LOL
:wink:
DS

5 Likes

Shantibaba showed us 14 or so seed grow rooms, each dedicated to one strain. Then he mentioned the pollen problem. He had this exhaust air machine that bubbled all the exhaust air through water to kill the pollens.

I guess my neighbors might want me to get one but he said it cost 20 grand! :sunglasses:. BOG

8 Likes

I feel privileged to be among such legends in overgrow… Thanks for the shout out @Subcool.

3 Likes

I love this Culture at 56 years of Age you guys are my FAMILY!

Sub

18 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJjD33eKDU

3 Likes

I had a partner here in the OG days went by the handle of LFD or little fat dog, he helped me immensely

2 Likes

Yes Brother…I just turned 63. We have come a long way but our fight isn’t over yet. :dark_sunglasses:

16 Likes

Really I’m only 58 ish. I had to put up with Nelson Rockefeller and his opression of hippies we are making strides every day now

8 Likes

Thanks for all the inspiration …your fucking legends …so happy overgrows back in action

8 Likes

Welcome Indica! I hope you enjoy the new OverGrow.

5 Likes

Hello @Indica and welcome to OG!

If you were part in old OG, be sure to not miss this member gathering.

2 Likes

Does anybody remember the username of that one guy (I think he was Canadian) who had a small warehouse full of floor-to-ceiling shelves packed with 8ft fluoros for thousands of plantlets? Just racks and racks of SOG and getting surprisingly decent results because he had so many fluoros very close to the plantlets. That’s one original setup I will never forget.

4 Likes

I’m surprised no one has mentioned So Quick! Dude was killing it on a massive scale with NFT and recirculating drip systems in one of the blackest of black states. High quality pics through all stages of plant growth. He all of a sudden up and dissappeared and no one knew what happened to him. We suspected he got busted and I’ve always wondered to this day.

Of course BOG, but he’s already been mentiond 20 times in this thread LOL but yeah BOG was putting up insanely high quality macro shots of his Sour Bubble just littered with trichs, sparkling like a christmas tree, and his rolling tray covered in kief. The FMCD macro shots put up by BOG and Bubbleman were top rate as well. Sour Bubble was, and still is, the pre-OG OG without all the stories, spin and hype! I also remember the classic shot of BOG hiding his face behind a plant he was holding, wearing a robe with a vacuum by his side.

and ~Shabang~, certainly everyone remembers him.

I wasn’t growing while I was on Overgrow, but I was soaking up knowledge and collecting seeds, which was enough to satisfy my growing curiosity at the time. Once overgrow went down in early '06, I got fed up and knew I had to do my part to help overgrow the government. So I started my first grow of some Nirvana Bubblegum(chosen due to lack of funds and BOG’s apparent fondness for bubblegum, as well as not being sure if the seeds would make it. They did and went back and got some Sweet Tooth #3, chosen for low odor, and SOL mystery mix) in the summer of '06!

13 Likes

Does anybody remember the username of that one guy (I think he was Canadian) who had a small warehouse full of floor-to-ceiling shelves packed with 8ft fluoros for thousands of plantlets? Just racks and racks of SOG and getting surprisingly decent results because he had so many fluoros very close to the plantlets. That’s one original setup I will never forget.

I remember this guy, but I believe he was European and he was in self-storage unit(s), same as So Quick. I don’t remember his username.

3 Likes

Hello @XipXipXoom! Thanks for joining in.

1 Like

nice! I had forgotten about that. I hope that OG server surfaces some day! yes, I remember So Quick and the fluoro guy also.

2 Likes