The Legends of OG

I think I was in my late teens or early 20’s when I first really began to dive head first into growing. My biggest influence wasnt from this site (I think it was grasstown), but the guys name was rumpleforeskin. He used dwc and a 400 hps in a closet…grew a pound + from 1 plant in 70 days or something. Was super impressive and had a huge impact on my future as a homegrower. Respect rumple.

7 Likes

He’s on Grasscity. He has a few good instructional threads.

3 Likes

I still have several pictures and threads that my husband, Dr Jay, started on OG, now all I have to do is find them

16 Likes

We would be grateful for you to share them with us

4 Likes

Wow, what memories I have of this place. I’d thought it to be gone forever. I was a mod here in the early 2000s. A few names I remember are Kristy, bog, badkittysmiles, wallyduck, and Aussie grower named feral. The guy had a gold plated toilet and grew freaking trees with flowering clones. I still use what he taught me today. I believe I still have the hydroponics book he wrote too. Scrolling through this thread I think I saw a few more familiar names mentioned but it’s been a long time. Great to see this place up again. Back in the day this was the premier cutting edge grow site. I gotta poke around here n see what’s happening here now. This just made my day.

14 Likes

Welcome back! Site still rocks! :v:

6 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

I remember Dr. Jay and he was working with my Sweet Cindy and found an early high cdb phenotype. He was ahead of his time really. Bog

13 Likes

hi so sorry for the delay, i dont currently, it sounds counter intuitive and i know its probably now either done or not but honestly it revolutionised my garden, now saying that some strains of course seemed to respond better than others but in all cases was a net positive effect and i have over the years grown hundred and hundreds out (used to grow commercially in the uk) anyway i finished my last run 3 weeks ago and have had to stop my perpetual cycle as i needed the room for a home office but will soon be investing in a tent in the corner lol

4 Likes

Nice thanks. I didn’t try it because I was unsure about it but one of these days I’ll give it a shot.

2 Likes

i would absolutely urge you to at the very least give it a shot one day, i flip them, leave them a week and trim all lateral branching below the top 3 nodes, another week and same again, as i said be careful not to cut the sun leaves as they are energy sources not sinks, then watch as it grows it is absolutely remarkable, the only issue i used to have to watch in the uk was mould because the buds became so dense and thick so good air circulation is an absolute must with this style, the colas developed with strains like blueberry, sweet tooth, blue cheese, super silver haze, all types of sat or ind dominant strains, it is amazing with something like a super silver haze as it compacts the sativa dom hazy fluff into tight nugs. anyway happy growing and hope ut helps

5 Likes

Awesome thanks for the breakdown I didn’t really get the details there. I’m on a hiatus for now but will try it for sure I’ve been wanting to for a while. Must be some kind of weird genetic reaction by the plants or something.

2 Likes

I’m trying something similar to this! Can’t wait to see how it goes

3 Likes

Derrayld in Africa. He was one of the first sativa growers I started following. He would buy seeded local stuff and grow it in his backyard. He had a kid and left the forum. That kid is probably about 17 now.

I believe this is so quick?

11 Likes

Thank you @LemonadeJoe if there was no you, there would be no us.

2 Likes

damn. Even acry showed up! How you been`?

no, if i remember correctly soquick was black.

Heh. Stoopid google search for orgnkid and lo & behold…well if this ain’t some sort of reunion, I’m not really sure what is, lol!

Seem to be must missing the real old old-timers though…abusive, kush kid, cowboy, g-thumb, maddog, O.Gkushman, orgnkid, putz, raskal, swerve, … (wow, old timers kicked in and I 'member more than I thought I did :slight_smile: ).

GrowBB modem-crew, where all y’all at? We need to make a new Kush! We were all on the old og board too right?

HAOG crew…BOO! Who loves ya baby? The O.W.L is baaaaaack!!! A long way from Cali but hey…Internet baby, lol!

@LemonadeJoe please hit me up in pm

-peace

4 Likes

maybe it was a ddg search, lol

I’ve been looking for jbonez forever

He went all out with his grows

Weren’t the biggest but he always put a ton of thought into them

1 Like