The Monster Mash

Brilliant. So well written and clear!
Thx for sharing what you know.

Give us more Maestro, that’s my request.

-Grouchy

4 Likes

I agree! He has a way with words for sure. :+1:

2 Likes

I’m kind new to all this. Only 3 grows under my belt so I still have a lot to learn. I thought I would share my hydro system.
It’s basically a ebb and flow but I run it like like DWC.
55 gal resivor pumps nutes to a control bucket with mechanical float to set water level in grow buckets. Control bucket feeds grow buckets that has 2 2inch air stones in each one. I started with 3 gal but soon realized they weren’t big enough to grow the monsters @BU2B showed me how to grow.:grin: System can support up to 6 5gal grow buckets. Every 3hrs nutes are pumped back to the res. Held for 10 min to cool down then pumped back to control bucket. Definitely more moving parts to fail and it makes it impossible to satisfy individual plant needs. But it seems to work for me only being able to check on them twice a day. I have a tendency to complicate things.

3 Likes

:speaking_head: @Smoklahoma Thank You. I was hoping you would chime in. You my friend are a quick study and that system and grow room of yours are amazing!

If you wouldn’t mind showing off your set up a bit I would really appreciate it as it’s a perfect example of part two of this side topic.

The MORE GROW ROOM IN MY GROW ROOM I was referring to is the plan to steal you away from work long enough to duplicate the dream at my place before I have to start using the walker! :joy::v:

4 Likes

Stop it your making me blush. Thanks for the kind words and I would be honored to come out there and set up a system. I’ll gather up a few picts.

4 Likes

:speaking_head: @Franklin (starting from the bottom up) I love growing. It’s not only the best most reliable medicine I can lay my hands on. It’s also the best therapy for me I’ve come across. Like you, I give away the vast majority of what I grow.

I think you are being a bit modest on the grow front however. Your experience and skill and desire to do it right are more than impressive.

As @Franklin is pretty new to The OG I would like to tell you folks that like many of us - He’s not as green as he is cabbage looking! I will leave it to him to reveal his latest endeavor at his own pace and place -
His skill and quiet reserve are pretty inspiring.

This is far from a comprehensive list but should give you somewhere to get started on the genetics and breeding front and give you a good introduction to just a few of the many good and knowledgeable people here on Overgrow:
@DougDawson @GrouchyOldMan @Gpaw @Rhai88 @ReikoX @JohnnyPotseed @Bobgrows

Do a search on these folks and follow a few of their threads - You’ll be as impressed as I am and it may help to get the sharing and creative juices flowing.

Thanks again for following along and for signing up to become an OG member. We’re better off for having you here. :v:

11 Likes

:speaking_head: Damn! If I had known it was going to be as easy as putting you on the spot in public I’d of done it LONG ago! ROTFLMFAO :rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: now that’s funny!

2 Likes

This is the nute room. Kept at 65 deg. 8 inch air stones in each 55 gal res. Pumps in res are controlled by environmental controller in grow room but could use timers instead. I added ph dosers to the reservoirs to help a little but not necessary.
Sometimes I’ll put bottles of ice in the res to lower temp and cycle every three hours. Sometimes every 2 hrs when I’m running 90deg in the grow room.

Pumps from nute room to this room and into control bucket.
I’ve been using 6 Inch rizocore pots with 5 gal buckets.

13 Likes

So awesome. That looks like such a serious setup. Like I’d have to take a college course with summer internships just to run it.

4 Likes

Thanks. It just looks complicated. It’s easy to run. Sometimes too easy and I’ll get complacent and kill a couple plants. I actually designed it for my blind wife. But turns out growing bud is not her thing, so I get to run it.

6 Likes

Seriously, though I love it. Very thought out design and clean looking. Man after my own heart hermano

2 Likes

This is great information, and yes, very well written. Hey, I know what you forgot. A seed!
No seriously though, so you got two air stones in each bucket. Which type or stones?

1 Like

:speaking_head: @blowdout2269 one large -4 inch diameter x 6 inches and one medium -2 inch diameter x 4 inches. Very similar to those shown below.

5 Likes

:speaking_head: @Smoklahoma you might want to look into some of these. They last longer than ice and I freeze them in a semi circle and place them between the two growing containers (tubs) in an emergency -which are doubled up. Also I have found that increased O2 saturation (10-20 liters per hour) can help dramatically increase tub temps. Sometimes by as much as 10° F. Also keeping your aeration pump closer to the coolest spot available will input cooler air into your reservoir or growing container lowering temps of the liquid.

6 Likes

The Monster Mash
24 February 2023

It’s FRY DAY!

Buddha03
Have a GREAT Weekend folks! :v:

Hilda Da Momma - wiping the sleep out of her eyes, says HIGH :wave:t3:

11 Likes

Wait, I see soil…
I thought you grow exclusively in DWC?
Lies!
:slightly_smiling_face::v::crazy_face:

2 Likes

:speaking_head: See how I am? :upside_down_face:

Well not “exclusively “ obviously - but Hydro is my preference. :+1:t3::green_heart:

2 Likes

Wow, man, that is a system! Are you an engineer. I basically have a mess of tangled cords, which I’ve carefully jammed in to a plastic box in case the basement floods :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m also super jealous of this control room.

3 Likes