The most advanced duct fan

I’m gonna use it in a 4x2x6, gonna make it a little flower room now, but will veg some plants in there to take out to the sun later on… I’ll post pics. How bout you, got any pics?

1 Like

The 4" fan? You’ll definitely be keeping it on high to help the temps. I haven’t taken any lately, but I should huh? Since I am doing this slight advertising. Lol

2 Likes

Is it really noisy when in high?

1 Like

No louder than an led light, which is still louder than my fan, but I would describe it has “air moving” sound. The vibrations it gives off can be heard on the other side of the wall that you mount it to, so keep that in mind, because that was a variable I didn’t see coming.

2 Likes

I was trying to get the quietest i could, i got my tent in my office where i work and a lot of white noise in the background wouldn’t be good…

1 Like

If you screw apiece of rubber between a 2x4 and the wall and then rubber between the 2x4 and the fan it should stop any vibrations which you hear as noise.

3 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, it’s impressively quiet, but from what your telling me, a 6" fan or bigger would be better for you. Put it like this: it has 6 speeds, I keep mine on 5, and my tent temp is 80°. I don’t hear it at all on 5, but it’s more noticeable at 6.

2 Likes

Thanks for the review,
Price seems right. Where are they made? I couldn’t find that in the Amazon ad.

1 Like

California if I remember correctly

2 Likes

Looks cool - they have a 6-inch version coming out soon:

I use Fantech FG - housing is a little smaller. German motors. They’re super-quiet once you have both ends sealed into the ducting. The air rushing out is not quiet.

http://www.hvacquick.com/products/residential/Bathroom-Ventilation/Remote-Fans-for-Bath/Fantech-FG-Series-Inline-Centrifugal-Fans

2 Likes

Yea, they release what they manufacture and once they run out, they don’t come back for a few months. All the other sizes were available a few months ago whereas the 4" wasn’t, so it’s definitely a periodic release of product. Again,.Amazon sells them slightly cheaper.

1 Like

I’ll make it work, it’s got a probe and all so that you can check temps inside right? You can just put it to Auto and it does the job!?

Speaking of inline fans does someone got a used one on the cheap they ain’t using I could snag for a deal by chance

1 Like

That comes up a lot. Maybe we need a used equipment thread. Where we can swap or buy equipment.

4 Likes

Correct, and if I remember correctly your lights don’t generate a lot of heat? If so, then you’ll be good. It has an auto setting, and a smart setting which adjusts fan speeds to the temp.

That would be nice shit I gotta go pick up a light from a friend he giving me a deal for n it too apparently dad owns a hydro shop idk how legit it is but none the less hopefully it will be an then after that I won’t hav to depend on the kindess of strangers anymore haha

2 Likes

Go ahead and create one Mr. Mod! I’ll follow it closely!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Used Equipment for sell or trade

Shows us pics @Uncle_Al!

1 Like

Please look at my recently posted thread on my "dusted off grow equipment and perhaps as early tomorrow night I will post up a fresh Batwing reflector build with full instructions and build specs, I have three soda tanks (20 lb. Co2) from PepsiCo I could certainly let one of those go . And as for ballast kits I have 3 more 400 w mh than I plan to use, contactors yeah I have all kinds of them and being an industrial electrician well , my skills… Have skills will travel.let me know by pm of potential needs I would love to be super helpful to the community

1 Like