The most Spellbinding-Inspiring-Rousing-Interactive & Fun Autoflower Plant and Seed Journal 2023

Been awhile since I did an update on the Hubba Bubba mainly because there isn’t much to update. She is on cruise control from here on out. Today is day 79 post sprout and she is entering the beginning stages of Senescence as she is cannabilizing some of the fan leaves and they’re turning yellow and then orange as they expire. I make it a point to remove leaves close being dead to help prevent botrytis. Anyway she stinks pretty stronly right now. Here are a couple few pictures.

13 Likes

I finished up harvesting the first of four Cap Junky plants yesterday. I decided to wet trim this first one and dry the buds in the fridge. My only complaint about this plant is that she is incapable of holding her branches up relying on stakes and yo-yo’s so when you take the plant out of the tent she flops all over.

11 Likes

I have a plant in veg right now that is from my very last seed of the strain. It is so good that my plan is to reverse it and make some S1 seeds and possibly dust a couple other plants if I get enough pollen. The strain is Jelly Pancakes from In House Genetics and I love the plant.

10 Likes

Looking nice! That cap junky still looks awesome even in this thread lol! I have a question maybe you can help with does dusting an auto with regular pollen(non auto) make it a faster flowering photo or is it a crap shoot?

2 Likes

My preference since I have quite limited growing space is to work with feminized seeds. Pertaining to your question I have dusted an auto Sour Diesel Haze plant with pollen from a reversed Grandpa Glue photo. All seeds from this cross which turned out sensational btw have been photo plants which get huge and run 8-9 weeks in flower.

The Sour Diesel auto ran start to finish in 90 days
The Grandpa Glue runs 9ish weeks in flowering.

Since there is a Sour Diesel Haze leaner in the seeds and it flowers in 63 days I believe that’s fast. But I would not stake my life on it.

2 Likes

You can reduce your flowering period a bit by running your light 11/13 and top dressing in flower with ground up malted barley. 7-10 days shorter flowering period by doing those two things.

3 Likes

God I hate trimming weed plants. I’m going to go back to growing small plants. I’m halfway through trimming the cap junky plants. One plant a day is all I can do.

21 Likes

LovedaAutos is a good friend and has been giving me a little advice lately on tent growing… I need to improve my ways and he offered up some nice techniques.

His breeding is stellar and uses good genetics too… done a few swaps with him and look forward to running something soon bro.

Getting ready to start an Orange Skunk Haze Auto…

5 Likes

I’m not familiar with Orange Skunk Haze. @Carty

It really is beautiful man

1 Like

Yes, crossing a photo with an auto all the babies will be fast finish photos, cross the fast finish photos together and you will have 25%photo 50%fast finish photo and 25% auto

2 Likes

Hey @Carty take a look at what I found in with my photo seeds today? HA HA HA :rofl:

I would have sworn you sent me a few.

A quick HubbaBubba update for day 82 post sprout. It’s not looking like she is going to fatten up at least not yet she hasn’t. Her aroma is definitely not sweet bubblegum as mentioned on the Mephisto site. She has a pungent smell that kind of makes my eyes tear up when I take a deep whiff. Oh, and I plucked a seed today to see how far along it is and I’m thinking another 10-14 days should be excellent for mature seeds. This one I think would probably germinate.
20230517_165459

15 Likes

That’s a beast of a plant, looking good for sure bro!

1 Like

And finally for today a picture of the beginning of my next auto run. There is a fourth strain but it doesn’t seem to want to sprout. I soaked three of them and they were planted I think 2 or 3 days ago and none have sprouted yet. If one of them isn’t up by tomorrow morning I’ll drop something else in a shot glass and get it going. The humidity is nice, where I want it. If I raise the temp the humidity will lower so I’m leaving things where they are.

8 Likes

Good thing u got a couple fat envelopes from me showing up in the next couple days :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll have to learn to like CDLC! :yum:

2 Likes

I’d have to agree, be a shame if those never got grown :wink: I’m sure u will appreciate the chunkiness of it as I have

1 Like

I love all autos even the itty bitty ones I grow in the 1 gallon pots.

4 Likes

Any special kind of ground barley? Thanks I’ve not heard of this it’s good to know! Ya so I threw some pollen and hopefully get some seeds anything with blue kush and mephisto.

1 Like