My first pollen chuck fem autos

Well it’s official… after lurking OG and seeing everyone else talk about and produce seeds I figured I’d try my hand at it. I’ve always wanted to make my own seeds just to be more self sufficent. I’ve never ran auto’s but plan on growing some this upcoming outdoor season to squeeze in another harvest. I’m no breeder or plan to be, just a hobbyist wanting to share seeds with friends and family.

Any and all tips/criticism are encouraged.

My set up
-2x4 ac infinity
-HLG 100 led
-50ppm Collodial silver spray(do not want to store or have STS in my fridge)
-4 mephisto forum stomper fem auto’s

My approach and plan
-Learn proper timing of cs spraying to maximize pollen production(start spraying at week 2 or 3 of veg?)
-spray one plant with CS to pollinate the other 3 plants instead of self pollinating all 4.
-produce atleast 100 seeds.
-once plants have fully matured seeds, hang dry as normal 60%humid at 60degrees for 2 weeks.
-collect seeds and dry for another week before planting.
-complete this project before May 20th 2023 (the starting week of my outdoor gardening season)

19 Likes

I will be watching this!
Making seeds is a lot of fun.

4 Likes

Awesome! I plan to do the same thing soon, all about the self sufficiency. We’ll have to swap seeds at some point :+1:

3 Likes

It’s definitely all new to me but I’m up for a fun learning experience. Never thought I’d purposely have pollen around😂

3 Likes

Sounds like a plan to me Gonzo, what are you planning on running?

2 Likes

Looks like you beat me to it. I’m excited for you!
Definitely coming along for the ride. Reading and learning about this is one thing I can’t seem to get enough of. I’ll probably be starting my first reversal sometime during the beginning of yours.
Good luck bromeego! I’m so excited for ya…lol

2 Likes

I’ll def be watching ur progress, currently on my own first Fem breeding project which can be found searching my name as well but I’m in full swing waiting on females to show sacks

4 Likes

@AzSeaindooin420 just read your whole post you’re going to blow that out of the park looking really good man. I’ll be following that along. Looks like you started spraying STS around week 3?

2 Likes

Hell ya pop those beans let’s all have a reversal party!

2 Likes

I got some auto regs coming in from @Chronix I might just open pollinate those to start a little auto-stash :+1: Not 100% sure yet but I definitely want BULK seeds incase some s*%$ pops off overseas & things get all Colonial Williamsburg on us.

6 Likes

Been lurking on yours aswell. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But yeah for sure @Pier_Rat and @Gonzo!
I only plan on growing out most of @chronix stuff he’s given me. But I am still researching the lenieages(spell check?), so that might change.

As of now I’m sticking to my original plan of reversing Emerald Fire OG F4 Fem autos from Humboldt Seed Company for S1’s/pollen and chucking at another EFOG. But for the future I’ve been thinking about fem-ing some of the Sour60’s that I got from @JohnnyPotseed, as well as reversing a Blueberry Muffin F9 fem from HSC and pollinating another. All just for seedstock and to give away on OG.

Big thoughts from a little man…I know. Hehe

7 Likes

I was a lil behind cuz of work and didn’t hit em till 4th week but ideally I should have a week earlier!

2 Likes

That’s my mentality to have a nice stockpile, especially with autos and their lower yields be nice to throw beans in soil without feeling like I had to pull out a crowbar to do it

4 Likes

You ain’t kidding gonzo we’re getting ready to go rogue with some chickens in the city. I’m not paying $8 a dozen for eggs. If covid taught me anything is that maybe all those preppers where right all along. Open pollination sounds like a good idea, looks like it hard to find regular male auto’s. Do breeders do that on purpose to gatekeep males or is it just what the consumers want out of an auto?

3 Likes

I’m down for this one.

1 Like

It’s for the consumer, most grow autos for personal smoke and if choosing compact it’s prob from a lack of space. Fem autos solves that as a sure thing for a small plant they gonna get a personal stash from. There’s a lot of growers on this site that has auto regs too though, just gotta ask around. Some of the better work I have seen for autos is @Alaskagrown and his blueberry autos that get huge, unfortunately I chopped the 3 males I had of it

4 Likes

I agree, one of the biggest autos I have grown so far.

5 Likes

Hmm, it seems I’m gonna have to go down that hole also…

2 Likes

I’ve never smoked blueberry. Is the smell/taste on point? If so I’ll have to check out his seeds.

2 Likes

Bruce banner 3 was my biggest to date but was under sun in 10 gallon and moved under hps at night, think the blueberry’s I have going now for my project might be giving bb3 a run though and is only in 3 gallon, had I been apples to apples giving blueberry 10 gallon and sunlight without question would dominate