1st ever outdoor in n. Alberta using Sebring auto fems!

Last year I got a few strains from adore Sebring’s adore site. Two were the Earth Lover hi-CBD ones and the other is the Loco-Mota and both are feminized autos. I planted 4 of each into a 9-hole seedling pot on the 13th of this June and all were up just 6 hours short of a full week and 5 were up in 3.5 days. I planted 2x as many as I wanted for outside to make sure I got 2 of each.

This is them a day before half went outdoors. I’ve been putting them in a sunny window and outside since the first few came up.

Finally got off my ass two days ago and dug some holes in the hard, mostly clay soil in the garden to fill with a decent blend.

Started off digging 4 holes then decided to join them all with slots between so water could move around. Ended up with a big moat with a pillar in the middle and lobes on each corner. Mixed the soils up on a sheet of plastic and used all sorts of stuff. A 112L bale of ProMix Veg&herb, 50L bag of general purpose potting soil. Used ProMix HP that had added manures and stuff in it for another 100L or so.

The whole area around the plants will be set up to plastic it all in for nasty weather and later for heat retention if the frost threatens to hit before they are finished. Ideally I would have had them sprouted by the first of June and in the ground no later than the 14th. So they are 17 days behind schedule but weather being what it is . . .

Goodies added.

3 - 4gal pails of well aged chicken and general compost. That’s the back half of the chicken coop, the run, for the wife’s 40 odd birds behind the hole.

4 fistfuls each of:
Dolomitic lime
Agricultural gypsum
Blood meal
Bone meal
Insect Frass
Frittered trace elements
Crab and lobster shell, (5-3-0) more like 8 fistfuls of this.
Carbo, pure dextrose for the Myco-biom

Last week I had to go to the city for an MRI and picked up some myco product at a grow store called DynoMyco. Made in Israel after 30 years of research on what strains work best for cannabis. Not cheap but my buddy there who is a real pro swears by it and bought the big bag for $100. I just got the smaller one for now. I put only 4tsp into all that soil but added some Carbo to get them fed. I meant to put some in each of the little holes I made to drop the seedlings in but forgot. Tomorrow I’ll mix some up with water and inject it into the base of each to inoculate the roots.

I had bought a big pail of bio-char last year and forgot to add it to the mix then decided I needed more soil as it barely came up to ground level so came up with the idea of putting 4gal plant pots between each hole then filling that space with some more used promix and some virgin to top it up.

That meant digging it all out and mixing in the bio-char as I went then refilling. Doing this just at noon too and it was clear and hot with hardly a breeze. Fuck!

I wrapped a 50’ soaker hose around the hole while the pots were still in for easy watering. It’s our dugout water tho and about 400ppm and pH 8 so may be still using RO water for half of my water needs as we go along. Not quite finished laying it out and digging it in at this point.

Being worried about the little babies survival chances out there with 3 cats who seem to love pot leaves I came up with this idea. I wrapped 4 tomato cages with plastic screen tied on with baling wire and set them upside down over the girls. Supposed to get thunderstorms tomorrow so will have to rig a plastic sheet over them if it looks bad. Often get quarter sized hail with those damn storms and a big heavy dump of rain. Got enough water in there now and drainage sucks.

You can barely see them in there but they’re there and doing good 4 hours after their 3pm planting. I mixed up a 4L jug of 1/4 strength Greenleaf MegaCrop 2.0 and 4ml of REMO VeloKelp to water the tops and soak the plug in good. Fingers crossed!

The Earth Lover, (hi-CBD) ones are on the left, (south end), with the green fat popsicle sticks with the name and date/time marked on them and the Loco-Mota THC ones on the right.

All four sprouted on July 17 so 12 days old and tossed out of the nest. I used ‘B’ and ‘D’ of both strains. So the 'A’s and 'C’s will be repotted into 1gal pots and raised indoors with 20+ others I have vegging now. I’ll be hitting some of them with STS to get me some female pollen and make lots more seeds from these ones. I’m saying 20+ as I still have 6 rooted clones of Monkey Banana Kush I potted last week in intensive care to see if they grow well enough to take out of the dome. 3 have made it so far and one up and died. I used a bit of that myco stuff on their bare roots when I potted them so again, fingers crossed, tho as long as one survived out of the 10 then I can always make more.

I said screw it and mixed up 1tsp of the myco in 120ml of RO water and went out and injected 30mls into the base of each plug. They actually floated up a bit so I know I swamped their roots. They all had a nice root mass going on as well when I planted them. No wind at all and the big golden bodied mosquitoes were out in full force! There’s no other scitters out then as these bastards eat them all! lol Man did I work fast and couldn’t have been more than 4 min. Got 4 bites on my face and a few more on my legs. I get huge welts that itch for hours and 3" around is all red if left untreated for more than 10 min. Thank Jah for my Benadryl dauber pen!

Pray for me my friends. Any god of your choosing will be fine. Whole new territory for me.
As a minister of the Universal Life Church since 1978 all denominations are heartily welcomed! angel

:peace:

24 Likes

You’ve covered all your bases there, they’re gonna love it. Plenty of light this time of year for them too, especially if you’re up north.

I’ve never tried one of those benadryl pens, is it like afterbite? That shit rules haha…vinegar works in a pinch too!

5 Likes

The damn chicken coop cuts off the evening light too soon for my liking. I’m thinking of rigging up a reflector that I can pop up to bounce light back. Just Panda Film on a light bamboo frame. 6x6 ft should be big enough.

I have to build a bit of a frame around them to be able to cover up when the big thunderclouds roll through and maybe later on near harvest time if it gets into Sept and frost rears it’s ugly head.

You can get Benadryl in tables but they get you so messed up you can’t drive or function like a normal human. It’s the same medicine in the pens but if you dab a few hits right on the bite right away it’s like nothing happened 5 min later. A fucking godsend!

The one I have now expired Feb/19 but still seems to do the trick. I keep it in a pocket when outside. Always open upright as sometimes the dauber part will pull up with the cap and you can spill all the liquid inside. Ask me how I know! :wink:

6 Likes

Looking very good my friend :slight_smile:

you are on your way thanks for putting it

all the best and stay safe

Dequilo

4 Likes

I swear by DynoMyco - it is the best myco product I have ever used, and you don’t need much

8 Likes

A big reflector is a really great idea to extend daylight, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone do that before. Benadryl sounds awesome, I don’t have allergies but might pick some up hahaha…no driving I swear

3 Likes

Yes, I remember the bush in Northern Alberta, it hums with mosquito & deer fly this time of year. (Makes winter look better).
On the other hand you are getting 18Hrs. of sunlight… :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Looking good Lab, I just got some of these autos as well. Seems like a lot of nitrogen in that mix, with the blood meal and chicken shit, didn’t realize lobster and crab shell has N in it.

You doubled up on 2 paragraphs, so I edited it for you :wink:.

For my mosquito bites I use a teaspoon sat in a cup of coffee or tea for a minute or two then dab it on the mosquito bite, keeping it on longer as it cools, it kills the protein in the bite that causes the itch, I only have to reheat the spoon a couple of times, for a complete itch free bite :wink:

4 Likes

Heya man i’m sure your plants will love all that work you do
Good amendements mix for them
BigUp

3 Likes

I figure it has lots of N too so will be careful about adding much more as the grow progresses. If it progresses past the next few days. Have weather warnings all over the place with heavy rains forecast in our area later today. :slight_smile: Going to have to rig a lean-to type plastic sheet over them or something to keep the plot from being flooded out. Might have some hail too. They look great this morning with all shot up a bit already.

We had to go pick up a pickup truck load of cabinets from a garage sale. Don’t know what the wife wants with them but she has them now. Got myself a nice old Findlay No9 frying pan made in Carleton Place Ont. for $10. A smaller no-name one for 5. Neither look like they’ve ever been used but need a good restoration and seasoning to be used.

In the little town we went to there’s a restaurant/pub/hotel where the food is supposed to be pretty good so we stopped for dinner. My burger was really good and the wife liked the chicken lasagne too. Had a bottle of Old Style Pilsner and that was so good I took 6 home with me. Was well into those when I did that post so thanks for fixing it up.

I have heard of the hot spoon trick but it’s not practical for when out and about so I’ll be packing that pen for the foreseeable future. I seem to suffer less the more bites I get so maybe with more exposure I’ll become immune. That is a real thing.

The wife is busy rigging up some shelter for the babies so I better go see what she’s up to.

6 Likes

That was a lot of work! :sweat_smile: I hope those great genetics will reward you with a wonderful harvest and climate and mosquitoes will respect you, pulling a seat … popcorn

2 Likes

Thanks George. So far so good.

Last night I had a few of these to celebrate getting the job done.

Our quickie shelter passed it’s first good blow today with very little water invading the grow space. Once the plants are bigger I’ll let it rain on them to dilute the hard water from out dugout. Should reduce the pH too as rain water is always on the acidic side. I’ll have to test ours to see what it actually is.

Just before the rain hit hard.

The wife threw it all together in no time and it held out fine. I added some ballast and laid plastic down on the open sides to direct runoff water away from the plants. Gives me time to come up with a sturdier sol’n and be able to close it in good when cold weather returns.

We’re thinking hard about setting up this greenhouse frame a friend gave us for next year. Just need something to cover it with. It’s supposed to be 12x20’ but I think it’s bigger than that.

13 Likes

When Trippy Hippy built his green house he used a thick polythene sheet, used in construction for vapor barrier under concrete floor pad. You can get it cut to size in some places, rather than buying a whole role.

5 Likes

That’s quite the bed you got made there @LabRat!! Good idea on the reflector, the low light hours here usually make for some pretty small autos if not put in a good spot. I’d say they’re going in at near peak timing though!

Where do people even get Sebring’s seeds? I have tried many many times to support him/them but the website is always out of stock and/or won’t ship to me when things are in stock yet everyone on the forum is growing his gear lol.

10 Likes

I too am a fan of DynoMyco, great product

2 Likes

We have a 100’ roll of poly that’s 20’ wide. I had cut about 6’ off it for a dirt mixing sheet downstairs so just used a piece of that for my current cover. As we were putting it on I noticed a little cut in it. Rained steady since last night late and when I went out to check it this morning the water was dripping thru so I stuck a pail under there to catch the drips.

Nothing but crappy weather this spring so far. Still heavily overcast and lightly raining then tomorrow a bit of sun then socked in again for a few days. I’ll be able to compare plants with the other 4 that I transplanted into some new 9L square pots I grabbed in the city.

Just Promix HP watered with 0.5g/L MegaCrop, 1.25ml/L of both Remo Velokelp and the Candy stuff. To the Promix I added 3tsp of the DynoMyco and a cup and a half of the crab and lobster shell ferts. I sprinkled a little myco into the holes for the seedlings to get them off to a good start. Had to stack up some tubs to get them closer to the 400 mh along with the 17 older plants I still haven’t done anything with but will shortly. I’ll mostly be taking cuttings and starting fresh plants as they have gone to shit but still alive.

9 Likes

Once the clouds go away they’ll get at least 12 hours of full sun each day as they are now so not too bad but this weather is getting depressing. My RH in the basement is 90% and it’s usually a lot drier than that. The sump pump is working overtime too. I got a free window AC unit last year and it works so going to run it in the grow room to see if I can’t dry the air a bit in there and leave the exhaust fan off so it’s not pulling in damp air.

He’s made himself too popular I think. I got a bit lucky when I ordered from him Along with the two auto fems I got some Maui Sunshine and a good amount of more Sebring’s Revenge. The Revenge make good medicine for my arthritis and I’ve yet to sprout any Maui. Hell of a deal for the $21Can postage cost me.

He said it was cool to make more fem seeds of his stuff to hand out so hopefully by next year I’ll have plenty to spread the joy with.

5 Likes

Beautiful work sir. Just going to get better with time. You could have been over here and had to start off in this stone quarry.

8 Likes

That’s just nasty! Just hard, heavy clay soil for me but that was enough to shut me down for a day after all that digging when sitting on my ass all winter.

I’d hire a backhoe for that stuff. lol

7 Likes

I hired a Hoe once :slight_smile:

my bad wrong forum :wink:

nice work thanks for the look

Dequilo

11 Likes