The most Spellbinding-Inspiring-Rousing-Interactive & Fun Autoflower Plant and Seed Journal 2023

Good morning :sun_with_face: @LoveDaAutos, @420noob, @tresbundles, @Carty, & the rest of the gang. Just popped in to say HI :wave: and to have a GR8 weekend! :hugs::+1::facepunch::wink::sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

Howdy everyone! Hope ya’ll have a spectacular weekend. Knock on wood I’m happy to announce that I think the tide has turned in my favor in the battle with the fungus gnats. It’s the dang FFOF again. I opened a new bag about 3 weeks ago to up-pot the MOB plant and that plant had a ton of them in the soil and going in the holes at the bottom to get to the roots and lay their eggs. I did some work outside this morning early but the heat beat me back inside around 11am as it just got too hot. The older I get the less I can handle the heat.

9 Likes

Have you ever had the fungus gnats problem with the PRO MIX HP? I have had problems from time to time with the FFOF, but not with the FFHF. :facepunch::+1::sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

How does any soil not have fungus gnats, since they basically are just wished into being by damp organic matter. I can put a used coffee filter bag in a cereal bowl and I’ll have fungus gnats in a couple of days.

But my cannabis hasn’t had them for about 18 months, thanks to beneficial nematodes.

3 Likes

Never had a pest problem with Pro Mix

3 Likes

Can really depend on where the soil is stored and kept dry. If not kept inside, eggs will be in the soil. Wally World, home improvement places, all outside in the rain :cloud_with_rain:.
I just lost a battle with the suckers. Infested

4 Likes

Good morning @LoveDaAutos, @420noob, @Carty, @tresbundles, @rasterman. Made it home :house: from the beach :beach_umbrella:, nice to be back. Got a lot of catching up to do from mail. Have a good weekend everyone! :sun_with_face::blush::wink::facepunch::+1::sunglasses::v:

4 Likes

If it’s hot and/or dry no fungus gnats. A proper dry back and no gnat issues so overwatering can lead to gnats.

4 Likes

Or too much insufficiently-decayed organic matter in the soil. Overwatering isn’t necessary for fungus gnats to thrive.

3 Likes

I sprinkle a few mosquito bits on top of my plants. I’ve only seen the little shits growing mushrooms before but am hoping to avoid them before they start with some good ol’ BTI that gets essentially watered into my pots. You can see the bits in this shot:

5 Likes

Overwatering definitely helps, but you are right any sustained moisture can be a great egg laying/hatching spot.

3 Likes

Good morning :smiley: @LoveDaAutos, @rasterman, @420noob, @Carty, and the rest of you guys. Just making rounds and catching up this morning, still drinking coffee :coffee: and smoking some budz. Have a great day! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::partying_face::wink::facepunch::+1::sunglasses::v:

6 Likes

Good morning and happy Sunday to you, @OhNo555 and the rest of y’all!

3 Likes

Good morning @OhNo555 and anyone else who stumbles upon this. Under severe thunderstorm warning till 6:40 today so we’ll see how that plays out. Looks like a band of weather from Mississippi to Maine all pushing through.

8 Likes

Is this good or bad thing. Do you need rain or is supposed to be bad possibly tornadoes?

2 Likes

Well it passed through huffing and puffing, some strong winds and a severe downpour for about 40 minutes and half hour later the sky opened up and the setting sun appeared. In the south in the summer you always need rain.

5 Likes

Check out a product called Gnatrol. I had great luck with it and looks like I may need to order a little.

I to use the mosquito dunk bits… problem is when they get wet they stop working in the soil… not sure I’m using them right either. lol. Gnatrol was about the only thing I found not to toxic that worked…

4 Likes

Good morning :sun_with_face: @LoveDaAutos, @420noob, @rasterman, @Carty, and all the rest of the gang stopping by to just say HIGH! :sun_with_face::wink::partying_face::facepunch::+1::sunglasses::v:

4 Likes

darn your up early it’s still oh shot 2:41 lol here well good morning all.

3 Likes

Good morning @OhNo555 @420noob @LoveDaAutos
Have a great day

2 Likes