The most Spellbinding-Inspiring-Rousing-Interactive & Fun Autoflower Plant and Seed Journal 2023

I snagged some seeds from @LoveDaAutos a while back that were either Lemon Pie x The New or Supreme Grape x The New. Since this is not an auto (it was started in June), (EDIT I started this plant April 5th*****) I assume it to be SG x the New. Scarlet Grapes is indica leaning, but the leaves on this are narrow (sativa leaning). It is an easy growing plant and seems happy there beside some herbs.

7 Likes

That Supreme Grapes is a cross of Purple Punch x Slurricane (both from IHG) and is a strong Indica.

The New from HSO is also a potent Indica dominant strain, quite high in THC. It is Girl Scout Cookies x Larry OG

I think both have the possibility to be very good crossed to the Strawberry Pie.

That’s a really great looking auto especially outside.

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s an auto. Showed no signs of flowering until 3 weeks ago. I started it on April 5th. My thought was that Supreme Grapes was a Photo period plant, not an auto. If it is an auto, I have no idea why it is taking so long. Any ideas? :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s definitely not an auto then.

4 Likes

The seeds I sent you would either be a photo or potentially a fast photo.

4 Likes

It’s been awhile since I checked out the Mephisto site in any detail.
I have to be really honest, I love Mephisto genetics but was a little embarrassed for them when I saw they were selling single seeds of their new strain Pigletta’s Purple Haze for $24.00 each. Is it just me or does that price seem exorbitant?

7 Likes

Day #4 since I flipped my 4x4 tent to the flowering light cycle of 11/13. I have a large Mac-1, a small Mac-1, the M.O.B. from a snip sent to me by @Rhino_buddy , and finally a Russian Tzar Bomba from a seed from @MissinBissin .

8 Likes

It’s not you…

4 Likes

hi there LDA. ive been watching your thread for growing tips for “Da Autos” trying to up my game. my 3rd auto run ever(all Meph stuff) is pushing 3 weeks above ground now. i was curious how you handle light intensity. i found a dli chart for autos online ive been trying to follow. but since i also prefer to run autos at 24/0 dli adds up quick and i find that i am running at a low led wattage(ppfd) to comply with dli.
i guess my question is do you run autos at a much lower wattage start to finish than photos if you stick to 24/0? last run my light never got above 75%.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s an exorbitant price. Mephisto thinks they’re the best autos around. Maybe they’re right, but at that price I’m through buying their gear.

2 Likes

When I run autos the first 10-12 days of their lives are spent in my nursery 2’x2’ tent where the lights are running 24 hours a day for that time period. I think from past experience that the three most important things in the life of a seedling is creating an ideal environment with temps around 80 degrees and I like the humidity to be around 75%. For those first 10-12 days I run the light full time at the light intensity level I want. I use an inexpensive Lux meter to set the light intensity. Once that is set I experiment with the tents vent holes and the zippered doors. I open or close the vents and doors as needed to attain the desired temperature. The humidity is a little harder to control as it changes with the weather. Last is the medium. It needs to be moist but not wet and needs to be moistened and mixed well by hand or tool before it’s put in the pot the auto will grow in. Mixing first in the tote eliminates dry patches where the water just goes around an area of the medium. If I am filling a 3 gallon pot for an auto I put the medium in a 10 gallon tote and similar to mixing concrete I add a little moisture at a time till I achieve the consistency I’m after which is just moist enough to stick together if I grab a handful and give it a medium-ish squeeze and it holds together okay but not sopping wet. Ya’ll know what I mean. No nutrients for those first 10 days.

Hope some of that is helpful.

10 Likes

It’s easy to pull 1,500+ seeds of an auto plant so if they sold all of the 1,500 for $24 each that comes to $36,000 from one plant. Not a bad markup eh?

8 Likes

And people say selling weed is where it’s at. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

thank you.

2 Likes

What I really want to know is how did @Hashpants get his own emoji like button?

6 Likes

Pretty cool

3 Likes

Hey :wave: @LoveDaAutos and friends, just popped in to say high. Have been really busy lately. :+1::facepunch::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Very much so! Starting to get a little big headed once they were getting good reviews. Always about the all might dollar. Well maybe not the dollar anymore but money in general lol.

2 Likes

Does any drops of water come out when you do this?

1 Like

Oh heavens no!! I don’t think a drop would come out if I squeezed it as hard as I could. Something I was thinking about was that different mediums could require more or less water to achieve the same results. I use either Pro Mix or FFOF both peat based.

3 Likes