The Not Fridge - nothing to see here šŸ‘€

If you were assuming that the nanners werenā€™t entirely genetic perhaps it could be the training?
I never felt great with heavy topping and training so I settled quickly on sea of green (screening them also not for me) and for a while we all experimented with stadium grows (vertical) for yield.
SOG style is gonna be harder in octopots but the new model of micros are only 7ā€ in diameter so the best Iā€™ve seen yet to cram them in there, maybe 4 of them? Just a thought.
You got the mentality though, soldier on, time flies pop those beans these folks are sending you :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Yes separated, after my wife said ā€œwhy dont you just put it in the other box?ā€ She got me past the mental block of it being too much work/time and too little headroom for it to work- neither of which was true. Thankfully her voice of reason cut through through the din of panic, and got Rose :rose: settled into her own apartment in time for bed.

Iā€™ll run her til the end (dont Need need the bud but i Want want it :sunglasses:) and take the good bad and ugly. Whatever comes of this will be documented, and hopefully useful to just one person in my position in the future. :v::relieved:

1 Like

I guess it could be, but ive only had one plant get seeded by itself somehow (never saw a nanner though) and these will by my 8th and 9th plants trained this way. Ill look into mini micro (nano?) octos for future reference :face_with_monocle:ā€¦ thanks for stopping by sir, hope things are going well in your gardens :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah not saying you did it just that we never really know why so if you can the same yield with less training maybe that gets you where you want to go faster? Either way youā€™re going to fix it.

1 Like

iā€™d kill it and grow another seed.

1 Like

I can be too sentimental sometimes for my own good. Most times really :joy:

2 Likes

Next run, new training. My only habits are the old kindā€¦

Any thoughts on training one or two plants in a fridge size box? I am looking to run either 1 Frankenstein fem photo and/or 1 Scarlet Grapes auto or maybe 2 of one or the other (probably easier that way but less variety, which is my main goal growing).

Maybe just bend them over if i go with autos?
Or go up to a certain height then top if photos?

Its good for me to start thinking ahead.
I tend to go dark and get stuck there longer than is useful.
Thanks for the spark :sparkles:

2 Likes

Position the plant off-center in the pot. Then bend over at 90Ā° when she can take it. From there, just start spreading each branch out and back to to form multiple ā€œmainsā€. This will look like your hand, palm up with curled fingertips. :wink:

2 Likes

Ooh i can see it in my mind. That is some good descriptive powers you got there šŸŖ“šŸ«“ :eyes::brain:

Wondering if i can off center plant in an octoā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t see why not. Lemmi dig up some pics.

Ok, this just so happens to be my last sensi run of Scarlet Grapes!

7 Likes

like this but shorter

@BU2B has a great method for ultimate spread

9 Likes

Holy weed tornado

Man that is a cool shape (and leaf type- that a freakshow?)

Imma look that up. thanks bud! :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Dayum that is cool, and flat as it gets! Notes taken, gears turningā€¦. :gear:

1 Like

Figured itā€™d be right up youā€™re alley. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Optic Foliar SWITCH, would be the only ā€œchemicalā€ product that I am aware of for herm prone plants. All that Iā€™ve read from folks reports is that it works. Iā€™ve personally never tried it, but from my understanding, it works quite well.

2 Likes

NannerWatch continuesā€¦
No real pics, too lazy. Here is AI with something i sort of wanted (but not really)

Rose :rose: is still living the single life in her tiny box, and Sophia :custard: is happy to have some room to spread out a little. No additional nanners since :sweat_smile: but high high humidity (70%) in that little box when the ambient is 60%. And its a shoulder season, so my AC doesnā€™t kick on, andā€¦ wait for itā€¦ my dehumidifier just shit the bed. To the prime jungles of Amazonia go Iā€¦

If itā€™s not one thing itā€™s more than one thing lol. We soldier on, and sally forth.
And family circus, or something. :joy:

donā€™t mind me. High off of some grape hard candy i made using @ReikoXā€™s GD tincture recipe. This stuff kicks ass!

4 Likes

i am not sure how i didnt see your reply til now, apologies man.

any advice with training i am not a good source on, i gave up early on anything more than a simple 4-way LST and thats basically just when mucking around outdoors. if i wasnt wary of blowing up the plant count id probably try to shove 24 clones in my 3x3 tent :sweat_smile:

you have a few spots, can keep a mom. hunting the mom if youre a perfectionist (not meant to be an offense more a compliment to those) would be extremely hard at your scale, so that might need to be from clone if you were looking for the objective dankā€¦ but it would allow you to put 4 in there, do some light training (not topping) to bush em a tiny bit then flip and have a better idea of how the space would fill out. from seed if the line isnt super stable (and heavily indica given your height reqs) more than 4 is surely going to go wild on you (auto or photo even).

this last part is not meant to sound definitive its just my experience but fem seeds are the only seeds ive gotten nanners on. and im not going to try to count up all the plants or claim i grew the super dank but ive seen a few over the years. never seen nanners on a regular seed i have grown, only seen people talk about them. so another consideration, maybe someone else can speak up on that but if you can veg then sex out the regs maybe that is better for the heavy topping and training?

either way im leaning towards genetics (or just them being fems) as the main cause, whatever stress they had early in veg if that caused it then in my mind thats still weak genetics. im no expert. hope some part of this helps.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen them on regular seed. Several times.

Such a small space really creates some real challenges. A mom and clones that get flowered as soon as they root might be a good move.

2 Likes

i 100% believe they come from reg seed too i just cant actually say i have seen it in person. when fem seeds came out i was just a noob (or bigger noob) and could have convinced myself anything was super dank and stable if it didnt die on me lolā€¦
the past 10 years or so have been much different in my perspective, maybe it really was the introduction of breeding bagseed upon bagseed (the cookie phase) more than in the past, i dont know. but the one fem line i planted and grew to completion outdoor this year hermed without me seeing it.
i want to say im done with fem seeds and at the same time just getting into reversing clones lol so i find it hard to have a strong opinion on them. as always we learn by doing, as long as we recognize the lessons along the way.

1 Like

Every part of all the knowledge is infinitely helpful then my self propelled idiotic thought boat

3 Likes