The ongoing indoor grow

Last week Plant A was at 11 inches, Plant B was at 9 inches, and Plant C was at 8 inches. Today Plant A is at 14 inches, Plant B is at 13 inches, and Plant C is at 12 inches.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s about the right target height. I say this because once past 2ft, the bottom half really suffers from the crowding and shading out. Ideally it needs to be under 2ft total.

2 Likes

Okay it is not normal for me to make two posts in one night, but for this I need to post it. A few months ago I did a FogDog X Cherry Brandy auto seed run and for the life of me I could not get any seeds to sprout hence why I am doing a GG#4 right now. The other day I said what the heck and dropped about 10 seeds in water just to see what happens and to my shock I have two seeds that have popped open. Now there is no way I am tossing these seeds and I dont have much room in my tents so it looks like I might be doing a pair of solo cup grows in my tent with the GG#4.

7 Likes

Itā€™s arguably a good problem to have (ā€œsurpriseā€ plants) :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well it will give me an opportunity to do a few things if I can get both plants to grow to finish. The auto seed run was a buzzkill for me when I could not get any seeds to germ. So now that I have two seeds that have popped open, I am going to try again and do a seed run with them but with a bit of a twist. I am not sure why my seeds have such a poor germ rate so I am using this as a chance to test out my Cherry Brandy pollen. I have pollen from two different Cherry Brandy plants and only used one plants pollen for that first attempt. This time I am planning to use pollen from the first try on one plant and pollen I did not use on the other plant. This will give me a chance to see how each compare.

3 Likes

Okay here are the two seeds to start things off with.

I have them in solo cups in the tent with my GG#4 right now. I did say to start things off with so here is an extra little nugget of goodnessā€¦after being in water for 4 days another seed has popped open. That one is in a wet paper towel until the taproot get a little bigger. So I started with 12 seeds in water and 3 popped open that gives me a germ rate of 25%.

9 Likes

Well I just got home from work and went to take a look at my Crippy plants and found that Plant A is 100% male, Plant B is what I think to be a male but will know for certain tomorrow. Which leaves Plant C, do not worry I think it is female. Just like Plant B I need another day to know for sure.

5 Likes

Well I guess there are males then. I thought maybe itā€™s just intersex together. Donā€™t know why all 3 I have turned female intersex. Itā€™s all puzzling and peculiar :thinking: Glad youā€™ll get one at least :+1:

3 Likes

I will know for certain tomorrow on plant C. I can barley make out a very small pair of hairs. Want another 24 hours for it to grow out some more.

4 Likes

Plant B is going to get an extra day of life. I see balls starting to form, just want to see them clearly before I cut down. Plant C is taking its sweet time, still say this one is a female.
On another note there was an Atlas V rocket launch this morning and I got a good photo of the after launch skyline. From my view at work @ Disney.

9 Likes

Well it is officialā€¦Plant C is female. As for Plant B, I have confirmed it as a herm. Balls on one node and the next node above it has hairs. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Yup, all the offspring in my B were exactly as you just found out. Balls beneath a calyx. Sorry bro, I know itā€™s a real pisser :expressionless: Are you going to take a cut of the one ?

3 Likes

No point of taking a cutting, can`t use this strain for breeding. Plus I am maxed out on grow space.

4 Likes

Yup I know about the breeding part. Itā€™s going to take a lot work of crossing out unstable sex. You should consider a spot for stash. A small solo cup mom is very doable off to the side. For now it is unfortunately a cut only from original seeds. Iā€™m almost sure itā€™s pre OG Kush before any lemon Thai was introduced. I kind of understand, what was known as Krippy is now OG Kush as a slightly different lineage w the lemon Thai. So when you said Kush, you were point on. The purple-orange-gold leaf at the end of flowering ties it all together.

2 Likes

I will sleep on it. Need to get a bottle of cloneX first. But then again I still have 4 seeds left from what I got to start.

2 Likes

OK, but do yourself a favor and donā€™t get Clonex and Iā€™m going to show you why, and then Iā€™m going to show you what to get for 8 bucks on Amazon that is adhesive gel.

This is watery and not a gel. When I dip it only coats thinly and Iā€™ve noticed Iā€™m not getting the cauliflower bumbs on the end. Iā€™m ditching their gel

Now this is GEL that sticks on. I just tried it on one Iā€™ve had to recut itā€™s mushy end off. Iā€™ve read this is some of the best in the business for cloning products

5 Likes

Iā€™m gonna try that too. I prefer foop to clones, but that looks like something to try out. Nice and viscous looking. :+1:

1 Like

I only said cloneX because it is a brand that everyone knows what it is and what it does. I have tried cloneX once and did not like it, I prefer to use cloning powder something like this.

7 Likes

Ahhh gotcha :ok_hand: Never have tried powders, especially when it was RW in the past. I suppose everything works but getting the seal is crucial to fast rooting.

Yes @Rhino_buddy I just took cuts of Corn, and it sticks like glue to the stem, so yes try it out. One weird thing though, smells like arm pit šŸ«¤

2 Likes

Iā€™d got some free sample promix connect powder . So far Iā€™m liking the results 100% so far in beer cups and recycled pro mix soil .
I usually use a bubble cloner used to always root in cubes switched a few years back best move Iā€™d made.

2 Likes