The other plant I have been working on

Been killing the boredom between watering by finishing the kitchen. Made wife this for her birthday. Grouting it up to hang. Next will probably be a pot plant for my grow room. Was a good way to get her involved. I figured she loved puzzles so this was right up her alley.

18 Likes

Tape and grout, and repeat…

11 Likes

Really cool, I’m sure that took some time to put together! Why the tape are you going to use different colors of grout?

1 Like

Yes working on it now, have to clean yellow then a blue for sky…was actually easier than expected, more like a puzzle than work. I just carbon papered the 3/4 plywood with my sketch like paint by numbers. Just got her started and she ran with it.

1 Like

Only sky left then I have to tile it into wall with a picture frame tile…

8 Likes

Ready for the wall…

7 Likes

Very nice, it reminds me of those fancy terrazzo floors.

1 Like

Same idea, except just used smashed tiles. Believe it or not they sell them online by the lb…

2 Likes

I think this is really frikken cool, especially as I happen to really dig sunflowers. Nice work!

3 Likes

That was a sunflower??? Huh? What did i miss??

1 Like

Kinda like a Rorschach test for stoners on 4/20…:wink:

3 Likes

You making fun of me…cause im slow??

1 Like

Not at all Bandit, it is like Impressionism , some see it some don’t.

1 Like

I got it…i was hitting the ball back. I played lots when i was a kid…i know when play time is over and people are picking a fight.

1 Like

Got it on the wall and finished subway tile around the mosaic.

7 Likes

wow that turned out really amazing, nothing like unique and original art to decorate your house, super impressive

3 Likes

I’m happy with it and most important the better half loves it and she has a sense of accomplishment with something she made hanging in the kitchen. Really looks like a window with the window next to it. Got some sunflowers to broadcast around the fences this summer.

3 Likes