The real Blue Dream from Humboldt? HSO or HSC?

DHOG will forever remain high on my list of great tasting buds. I bet Harborside’s cut was amazing. Mine was a cut floating around Denver at the time. It was skunky as hell, which seemed like an ideal plant to cross with BD. BD had everything I wanted in a plant except the right flavor. It tasted like blueberry pez, candy, and or fruit loops, I prefer skunk and sour flavors. The cross worked out well, as did everything I crossed to BD. It’s what started my breeding journey. :v:

4 Likes

@Heritagefarms Todd’s OHZ or THHZ or both :grinning:?

That seems to be a topic of conversation lately, I always heard haze takes 16 plus weeks to finish and was a mix of various sativas. Todd is now saying it is a mix of pure columbians which contradicts a lot of what has been said over the years.
Tom got his from positronics and it’s supposed to be oldtimer1’s haze it was often called oldtimers haze or ot1 haze for a long time, you would have to dig threw old posts to come to any conclusions but the haze lines and story are often disagreed about.

2 Likes

Well I think that it would be an interesting cross with either. I am not sure how the growing season would be shortened if the cross were to happen but I think it would pull the time down some I think. I found that Todd’s Haze would finish about end of December or early January with the ones I had and unless you have a green house then it goes indoors where I am at. I grew some seeds from a knockoff of Blue Dream and it finished around end of September early October. If a person could get one of these hazes to finish in 4-5 months and have a blue dream finish in 10 weeks then an average would say be 13-15 weeks and maybe hurried along with some darkening? Put it finishing around end of October maybe into November?

Blue dream is super silver haze crossed to blueberry , it had already had its flower times shortened by then.
There is a 300 plus page thread on icyrag discussing the haze with Sam and several others. The original ot1 haze looked right , once Tom got it the appearance changed but with a mix of several different genetics all kinds of expressions would be expected. Nobody will ever know the full truth , it’s all been so long ago and some of the people involved are no longer with us.
I will say that what Sam says about the one haze brother moving to Mexico is true he went with the person who drew the poster if I remember correctly.

4 Likes

Like you say there is a lot of history with this and sometimes people just need to find themselves.

2 Likes

Is it SSH used in the cross? I assumed the “Santa Cruz” cut refers to Santa Cruz Haze, not SSH. It would’ve been a one-off from a pollen chuck in Santa Cruz. That’s what I’ve always assumed anyway, I could be dead wrong.

I’ve never grown the cut, but I’ve smoked it. Got it in the bay area. Smelled very similar to the old school blueberry I also picked up. Incense with earthy fresh berries, not sweet. Very dreamy high I guess coming from the Columbian influence in the Haze.

I have grown old school HSO blue dream, and it’s very nice, but definitely not the same as the real deal cut. It’s more like a berry muffin dominant cross with SSH effect. Definitely more of a hybrid thing going on. it is actually nice smoke, and the terps are very loud.

3 Likes

I’ve had the cut for a long time and was originally told it was super silver haze used in the cross , this was long before most had heard of it and long before the Santa Cruz label got slapped on.

9 Likes

The SC cut used SSH male on a BB female.
It got called the SC cut after the BB x NH cut of BD started going around. Then Red made NH(lemon) x BB130 Johnny Blaze
At one point, Snowhighseeds had them all. I wish he could have incrossed all three.

4 Likes

Those NH versions do sound very nice

2 Likes

There is a strain called Santa Cruz Dragon from DragonsFlame Genetics that is a cross with the Santa Cruz cut and one of their mold resistant strains
I’ve got it to try this year

I was gifted a few plants of Humbolt Dream from HSC and they died In November before the plants matured so be warned as their description says mid October which they clearly are not

2 Likes