The shit that killed elvis

So I got some seeds off a guy a while back and when I got the package it had a 2 extra freebies labeled " The shit that killed Elvis". Anyone heard anything about the strain or it’s possible lineage?
Worthy of doing a grow log with it?

18 Likes

A grow log would make a fine historical record for the next person with this question.

I’d love to see it

8 Likes

no clue about that but i’ve seen a dispensary selling “Elvis” in a video on youtube. not that that’s saying much.

3 Likes

I’d prefer to try a strain called “The shit that gave birth to Elvis.”
Maybe his mum used weed during pregnancy, who knows?

“Strains good for pregnancy” I can see it coming.

3 Likes

So the first supers i ever smoked was called funk that killed elvis early 90s

5 Likes

Well I guess this will be a grow log for it then, I’ll post updates when new sets of leaves emerge

4 Likes

Where did you score them if i may be nosey

The more growlogs the better.

2 Likes

At least it didn’t start at a Dead concert…

5 Likes

If you dont create a log it nwver happened

2 Likes

It was months ago, couldn’t tell ya exactly. Forgot I had em till a week ago and threw one in soil and off to the races it goes. Just remember it was a guy out of northern Cali that was selling off everything and moving out of state, managed to get Dr grinspoon, freakshow, pinkman’s goo, tutankhamen, and Frisian duck from him too which I’ll be playing around with in the winter/spring grow when temps aren’t such a threat

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure it was a high cholesterol diet plus amphetamines that did Elvis in.
Doubt cannabis had much to do with it.
But, give it a grow. Might be an awesome strain just the same.

4 Likes

Elvis aka “the shit that killed Elvis” is an old east coast clone of unknown origins. Couple guys have it but no one I know well enough to ask…would love to try running it in my garden.

I’m assuming these are bagseeds or crosses thereof.

10 Likes

I’ll take that Pinkman off of you. What are you looking for? Trades?

I’ll trade you some JOTI gods green crack extractor edition.

1 Like

Well the guy grew for many years and selling off what he still had, no clue if it came off his crop or someone passed him down the seeds. I wish I had the quantity of each to let go of, only got 3 each of those exotic strains leaving myself room to find the lady and in case one dont pop and why I’m planning those ones carefully when the temps get out of the triple digits

Could be some neat old school dank…then again a long time ago people used to describe any drug that was stronger than normal idiomatically or whatever as “the shit that killed elvis”…so maybe there’s multiple plants out there with the moniker. Hard to say. If it’s lime green and smells like tennis balls it’s probably the same biz.

7 Likes

Well that’s what I’m hoping for, something to play around with at the very least!

2 Likes

My first thought was…“Fried chicken?”
Hmm… fried chicken goes great with weed… brilliant name! :laughing:

Cheers
G

7 Likes

I remember that phrase, and yeah, it was used a lot when you were coughing up a lung. I never knew there was a strain called that. I just remember using the phrase. ha, I forgot all about that. I couldn’t tell you what year I remember but way back.

2 Likes

It might as well be labeled Really Good Shit. Lol, I get why it happens but damn is it annoying if you want to figure out what the fuck it is.

1 Like