The Secret - TGA Tester Strain

I’m running a 1000w hortilux eye in a 6in aircooled Magnum XXXL hood

My Setup:

I popped 10 of “The Secret” tester seeds the day I got em.

Of the 10 pack, I got 5 solid girls, I thought I had more but time showed the true pre-flowers.

One week later…

On day 14 I stripped GML style, removing any fan leaves blocking light… Here is a pic with a couple done, still working

2 weeks later…

Added a frame under my tray, now I can flush for days… lol. (seriously though, if your using synthetic nutes, you must flush your plants extremely well for a good quality smoke, don’t want it burning black after months and months of work)

At week 5, just thought this was an awesome shot…

Today’s Pic

14 Likes

I love TGA gear! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Now some close up shots… not my macro lens, just my phone… but there will be some Macro shots coming ;]

The other plant you may have seen in images above is a ECSD in week 3, just some personal for the misses, but I can already see her eyes light up when she smells Pheno E. It is one of the best smelling strains I have ever smelled, and that’s saying a lot after running hundreds and hundreds of strains in many dispensaries where I have worked as a head grower. You have done it again @Subcool another badass strain!!!

10 Likes

Great test, thanks for sharing! Nice and clean cabinet!

What is your take on that? Have you already done that in past? There is specially topic about GML leaf stripping.

3 Likes

Nice, I didn’t realize there was a topic regarding this already. This turned out to be a good test of the GML method. I have stripped leaves previously at week 3 and only leaves I thought blocked a lot of light. The main difference I see is the bud size on the bottoms is much larger when the leaves are stripped, I saw no slow down in growth and the additional stress everyone talks about was not seen on these plants.

I will run a test soon. I will run 2 clones of the same strain and fully strip one, and only the main light blockers on the other, this will give us a good comparison. I will post the test in the GML Leaf Stripping topic.

Different strains will react differently, but so far I have had no adverse effects from doing it, other than bigger buds on my lower branches.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for posting this up, what good is a test grow if no one sees it :slight_smile:
I’ll be waiting for an update.

Sub

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by Sub. :grin:

1 Like

my take on pruning is it’s really only meant for indoor grows lol maybe minimal outdoor pruning like once or twice the whole grow, but indoors the light isn’t as strong.

2 Likes

Looks like it shall be a fine grow, plants look happy.

Im a firm believer that all your main buds are in the top 2 feet, so most anything beyond the top two feet is waste as the lights power is diminished in that zone.
Iv fucked up hydro by veging too long a few times. damn things get away on me and I end up with 7 monsters with little to nothing down low, all that plant grown I wasted time on.

If people chop all the lower garbage off and feed it to the chickens before flowering then is a good idea.
Tiny lower popcorn buds are nothing.

I hear about subcool strains but never grew any, I think a few years back they were sold out of a bit hard to find so I never tried any.
We have a 12 site flow and grow doing nothing, might have to order some new genetics.

3 Likes

You def should, I have had genetics from many places but hands down TGA wins for my fav phenos, I almost always find a couple keepers then have a hard time picking which one I want.

Thanks for stopping by ;]

5 Likes

Nice grow report! Clean looking setup bud…

I’m also a fan of TGA, I’ve had Jillybean since 2015 and love her smell and flavor, tang,sweet and great buzz.
I also had Agent Orange but sadly forgot to take more clones before I put my mom into flowering so I don’t have any morenof that strong orange/fuely smelling dank anymore…

4 Likes

The first is my Favorite so far…
Pheno E:
Medium Height, Not stretchy, very frosty with extra greasy trichomes, shes gonna be a full melt maker ;] - Lemon Lime skittles, strawberry twizzlers, sweet tarts, hint of skunk funk - just amazing terps like I have never smelled before!!!

Pheno G:
Stretches with extreme trichome coverage, rotten fruit funky pow, node spacing like an OG, nice bud size all the way down and very dense.

Pheno A:
very small buds that are extremely covered in trichomes, even the stem to the fan leaves have heavy resin, fruity smell but not overpowering.

Pheno F:
This is the heavy feeder from the start. Very similar in growth structure to Pheno G, but different smell, has that rotten fruit baby poo smell.

Pheno J:
Small and grows like a pre-98 bubba, has same bubba smell too just a bit fruitier. Decent frost and decent bud size.

Its so dank that buds are coming out of the leaves, lol.

Week 6.5 and getting the flush… chop and smoke report coming soon… I can’t wait to smoke all these different phenos and make my final selection(s). I have a feeling more than one keeper may be found ;]

13 Likes

Whats the secret a popcorn bud ?

1 Like

Its G-13 x Mystery Strain(we will find out soon I hope), far from a popcorn bud… stacks nicely, and has serious density on a couple phenos. Wasn’t expecting this kind of production on a test grow, very impressed.

Thanks for stopping by ;]

5 Likes

The flower formation on the fan leaf is referred to as adventitious bud formation. In this case it means, formed accidentally or in an unusual anatomical position". @shroomgod

4 Likes

I call that the, “holy shit i have to make seed somehow effect.” Ha! Ha!

6 Likes

Check out the long purple stipules, very nice :grin:

Looking closer you can see the tip of the calyx turning purple, starting to see that on a few of them. Such a beautiful strain!!

11 Likes

Just exceptional work so far.

Sub

5 Likes

I really appreciate that, it means a lot to me :grin:

1 Like

This is a branch that was shaded by the canopy, generally the lower shaded buds show less development/trichomes… not the case here :astonished: look at that frost!!

Pulling the ladies out soon for some real pictures using the macro lens, all previous photos have been with the phone, I can’t wait for the photo shoot because after that they are getting chopped ;]

7 Likes