The SpeesCees Contest Answers

Here’s the facts, from my perspective:

@Speescees took the time and spent the money on a nice gesture by sending ten people on this forum 75 seeds each for “winning” a contest.

A few of the winners have been pretty vocal about their dislike toward SpeesCees. Yet they were still sent seeds.

So far I would safely assume that all packages of seeds have been sent, and a lot have been received. So he kept his word and sent the seeds at no cost to the winners.

SpeesCees has encouraged everyone to grow his seeds and post the results. That is very brave, considering almost half the people he sent seeds have publicly stated their personal dislike for him.

I know I received my package, and I let the forum know and thanked SpeesCees. Sure, some of the seeds weren’t in the best condition. But why would I complain to the forum about free seeds? Or make a public issue of it? The fact remains that my seed stash is now ~75 seeds larger, thanks to SpeesCees’ generosity. And I look forward to growing them out to see if they live up to the hype.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not gargling on SpeesCees’ balls here. I think he comes across online as a typical arrogant old Dutch asshole, but that’s beside the point. His (re)introduction to Overgrow started out rough, with SpeesCees getting kicked in the dick for what was perceived as advertising without paying sponsor fees. And then the criticism became more hidden, but perceptible when reading between the words. Now here we are.

Everyone has every right to not be satisfied with what they’ve received (for free). But how about first taking a little bit of time to germinate the seeds, grow the plants, harvest the flowers, and then talk about the full experience? Nobody owes anything to anyone, but I’d rather criticism and negativity be well founded with thorough documentation. Not shitting all over everything based off of only a couple cracked seeds and speculation. Who knows, maybe all of those seeds will grow into being The Dankness. Or you’ll get 10% germination rate and all males. Only way to find out is by putting those seeds in the dirt, just the same way SpeesCees put his money where his mouth is.

I look forward to seeing the unbiased results.

14 Likes

Yessss… somebody did understand one and the other !
Almost a blessing.
Grow them, let them flowering, harvest them, ripe them and smoke them.
From there I would like to talk !
All that negative behaving doesn’t do good to this forum, be sure.
It’s clear… there are some people here who’re sitting with a loop in their hands to catch me on a mistake !:smirk:
I guess they can wait some time… but at the same moment : It’s this people who don’t give the Overgrow2 a chance by this puberal behaving.
But he : After all that critic, a lot of english that sometimes wasn’t that great, a lot of slam english from the forum side that I didn’t understand,… I’m still standing !

People shouldn’t talk with two mouthes.
I guess some of you here know exactly what I mean.
I did keep my word !
Now it’s on you over there in the USA… to show where we in Holland are standing !
The REST is just bullshit.
You know why ??? Because this is a forum… not a hang out place.

SpeesCees

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Soaking seeds - why do you guys do it

Oh my days you’ve just brought back every day coming home from school :rofl: do you not think Eliza thornberry was an awful lot like Gretchen off recess.

PS I chose not to enter this competition because I don’t like condescending arseholes. Adolf speescees :rofl:

6 Likes

Manual like override @cogitech. . .I don’t like soaking my seeds but I can’t grow these plants right now, it’s past my growing season by far. I was only going to soak them to see if they actually germinate . . .It’s kind of redundant to put these “cracked” seeds in the ground and wait for them to “maybe sprout” . . . But for speecees I will, and if they do sprout I’ll grow them inside during the winter (my winter hours are around 12/12 so they should feel right at home)

1 Like

Please discuss soaking seeds method in separate topic…

3 Likes

Hum … just a kind reminder to be clear. If any, and in the case i’ve made a bad translation or bad understanded this post.

I’ve specially asked than my 75 seeds must be send with your price to be sure than these seeds will be distributed to growers really in need. No for trades or for compulsive collectors, and in counting on your judgement and on your rep on this point.

The point is to give a chance to a few new growers, really in need i insist, to be able to start with what i consider as a decent and clean genetic.

If anything was losted in translation, just let me know. No big deal at all, but i like clean and clear situations.

5 Likes

I totally get your point and you are prolly right. @SpeesCees never mentioned that in his first post otherwise i would have left it alone. When i answered the questionnaire to participate, never expected to win anything; but i did. I only answered the questions to encourage other members to do it as well, no “new growers” stepped up to the plate and answered anything.

We are a very closed community and when we do something more than likely it will end up happening here only and with just the few of us who are “always” here, i do encourage people to step up and participate more actively, which will end up in more benefit for everyone and the community as well.

IMHO.

Sci :robot:

6 Likes

If it was a contest/giveaway,
then I feel like you’ve earned the right to do as you please with the winnings. (Unless otherwise specified).

1 Like

Absolutely not… we are always open to new members!

5 Likes

The seeds will find their way automaticly !
For me the contest was the most fun.
Please try to understand that this forum will never give me ground to do any commercial “thing”.
No Dutch people here, 90% Americans… so that’s no market for me since my English isn’t good enough.
Nothing wrong with sharing… it’s nice for the younger people to work with good seed.
Hopefully some grow reports will come out of this action.
That’s what it needs here.

SpeesCees

6 Likes

Oepssssss… let’s hope that this was a miscommunication.
Otherwise it may happen what I was warning for.
The people who’re here from the beginning on, should not claim anything then some respect.

SpeesCees

PS I chose not to enter this competition because I don’t like condescending arseholes. Adolf speescees :rofl:

The question with some apes here is… how to keep them out !?
Maybe by not reacting at all… because this guy is looking very hard for some attention.

SpeesCees

Says the fish bombing round the forum like he owns the joint. I’m not looking for attention. Just highlighting what a cock womble you are pal :rofl:

What’s real funny is the posts where I’ve highlighted your wombling of cocks got a lot more likes than anything you said yourself…that speaks volumes

3 Likes

At least I try to be a stimulater for this forum.
And You ?

SpeesCees

Have a look around you will see what I do. I’m just a touch more prominent in the growroom design and setup area. Plenty of tutorials available. I’m not even saying I doubt your knowledge you just need to stop being a dick with people.

Cola

7 Likes

20180822_153058.jpg1932x2576 2.13 MBthis is them Its not 75 seeds, but if it’s actual Santa maria it’s worth it only like 3 or 4 were cracked. U can maybe see 2 of em in the photo.
Cheers

If I start counting on that pic… I’m comming to 75 seeds.
So why such a blaming post ?
Count them again… you will see for yourself.

SpeesCees

1 Like

You can’t show what you are mention !
That’s why no pics.
PLACE that pics… we would be transparant isn’t it !?

SpeesCees

Dude there just short of 75, I counted 66/67 seeds. But like I said idc if it’s the real Santa maria it’s fine with me. They were free! But it seems like you like to argue with people/be a dick. My post was how long ago? And it was to hoodini, because he asked what my seeds looked like…why don’t you give it a re count bud, throw some glasses on(it’s not 75). I wouldn’t lie over a handful of seeds either guy.
You my brotha, are a pos! I’m not going to be running your seeds, I’m going to give them away to a newb on the site.
Cheers
P.s you won’t get an apology page from me either man. Foh
P.s and @Hoodini apologized to you, may you continue to be a dick towards him?
Nice stimulating job your doing pal!?!

6 Likes

So… that’s how you punish me now ?
In fact the only way to lay it on my plate… and look what you’re doing ?
I’m 100% sure that there were minimum 75 seeds in each of the shippings.
If you did drop some with a stoned head… don’t blame me for that !

SpeesCees

1 Like