The Spice must grow. Blessed be the Little Maker!

LOL, I use the same ammo box for drying pollen…

100 and 1 uses… :sweat_smile: :+1:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

adopt/adapt/improve. needed a skinny vessel.

:rofl:

8 Likes

Very nice clean set up

I do enjoy watching your thread

Paps

7 Likes

Appreciate you saying that, Paps. There room for improvement. all the automation is just evidence I am lazy. :joy:

7 Likes

:dove:

7 Likes

Nearing end of week 2…So…

… Yolo… :joy:

Gonna start feed tonight. So far the autofill works great but it’s boring AF… :joy:… “problems”…

9 Likes

Yeah yea… Posting often. Just damned excited.

They took the bending just fine. Today they were perked up.

Last night I dumped out the rez and filled it with jacks tap + Epsom + Gypsum (1gr/gall). Fluming pump runs for 15 min a day.

Ec 1.1 over baseline.

The syphon auto fill works. Took ~3hrs but it works.

11 Likes

They look very healthy and happy :smiley:

I like the bags your using

Paps

3 Likes

Thanks Paps! Yep! 2 gallons. Trying to get the same ratios as the og octos. And they are 12" tall so it fits with Chris’s reccs of no lower than 10.

Or false pattern recognition… :joy:

*edit

link to the pots:

8 Likes

Another week. Made a nice boom as it blew by. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss… :joy:

Day 21 on the autos. No roots in rez yet.

Gatta admit, a little bit boring. Lol. Not a bad thing. I like boring. Thanks to very generous people I’m gonna try to grow a fig.

:green_heart:

10 Likes

Been reading and reading and reading. Just received Jack’s 20-10-20 Peat Lite. I’ll try it on the autos. made 4 gallons.

Added:
Jack’s 20/10/20 - 9gr - shooting for 2.27gr per gallon.
Epsom: 2gr
Gypsum: 3.5gr
5ml of fish shit

Fluming pump on

Baseline EC 0.3
Final EC 1.43
Actual EC 1.13

PH: 6.3

tomorrow, after the flora and fauna has settled, I’ll introduce it to my plants.

13 Likes

2 weeks later… Keeping steady.

Day 35

Growth spurt. All plants are vigorous. Drinking about a gallon a day between them. Performed some unnecessary bending.

Same feed. Tested individually each rez is same. Ph 6.3 ec 1.12 over base. Some 3mm burn tips on the front one.

The 150w light, thanks to @MarsHydro, is hooked to my controller and is performing wonderfully. Ruuning about 100w right now. Frame is barely warm. Nice bit of kit.

16 Likes

Looks great :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

They are lush. :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Big wheel turns slow but grinds fine, right?

Juuust about to start week 6 since germination and they are growing.

same feed. ec 1.12 over baseline. So far so very good. Here’s hoping. :crossed_fingers:

I was asked to grow another Jack Herrer. So I started a fem photo I have from Seedsman. It’s on day 3 from germ and it’s watched over with love.

I will need to reconsider bringing the tent online. I overestimated the space. 3 octopups are too much in 5sq ft. 3x3 will be better. Its gonna be a busy weekend.

13 Likes

That filled in quickly :+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

WOW!
You’ve got a closet full there Lady :+1: :+1:

Kinda lucky you’re using that autofiller eh? LoL :upside_down_face:

How are you liking those tall pots?

It looks like your seedlings hit the Rez in about two weeks? That’s impressive considering how far the roots had to go. And, boy, once they got there they sure took off!

I’ve been using 9" tall three gallon pots and after harvest I’ve noticed that the upper root system more or less completely fills the pot. Only the first three inches seem to get moist during the grow, but the entire bag is a giant root mass.

I wonder if other octopodlers see the same, and if your tall pots have the same outcome.

Thanks for sharing your progress,
-Grouchy

2 Likes

Yuup, sure do! It is less work. In all fairness my previous wasnt much more work (waterpump/manifold same tubing directly into the rez’s little nib on the lid+remote control and inching settings for the pump). This system benefits from its simplicity in my eyes. It’s like working down an equation, right? solve for thc.

Im really liking the tall pots. they are pleasing to my eyes. only one is slouching a little. s outta 3 aint bad.

The roots hit the water a couple of days after the 2 week mark.I played with the water level to encourage them to reach for it for a little while.

Can confirm, bottom 2-2.5 inch of pot is wet to touch. above it is vaguely moist for 3-4 inch then nothing my hands detect.

I’ll check the roots at the end. I asked a friend to print me a netcup that goes all the way to the bottom of the rez. I want to see if that filled with hydroton does anything better in the pot filled with peat/vermiculate…been winging the substrate.

yessir. one week, bang. I really should have done like one. :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s more like the big Octopot the net pot goes all the way to the bottom

3 Likes

how 'bout that?

I’m figuring if everything is scaled similar, perfomance might. at the least, gives me smth to tinker with.

2 Likes