Please help! Something is wiping me out in a matter of days!

I recently had a problem with pm and ran my sulfur burner in my flower room on and off for 2 days and then into my veg tent also for the same amount of time and almost all of my plants in my veg tent have been effected by something!! Also 1 plant in my flower room wich is 2 floors away from each other…the picture of the plant outside is the one removed from my flower room because its got worse over night…i have flushed all the plants and made no difference…no sign of bugs on the plant although my pnat activity seems to be getting worse in the flower room but i have 0 pnats in my veg tent…all the flower sites were effected first they almost shriveled up…any suggestions?

1 Like

Timmy that looks like mite damage. Get a white sheet of paper and hold it under a suspected site and whack the plant and see what fall onto the paper. Also take a few leaves and give them a real good look see right where all the blades and the stem join, thats is the area they like to hide. I had Broads but you have to have at least 100x mag to see them decent. Sad to see this, not an easy fight ahead, but one thats well winnable…I just did about 2 months ago.

Next step is to find the bug and ID it so we know what to use to treat it…

9 Likes

dirty clones…

4 Likes

I havent gotten any clones from outside my house in a long time!

1 Like

Ugh…mites!! I have to run back home at lunch because i bagged a few leafes up for a friend to look at because i see nothing under a 60x…

1 Like

Looks like broadmites. You need at least a 60 power scope to see them as they are super tiny.

6 Likes

Update: it seems i finally got whatever it was going on under control i flushed with a product thats suppose to kill all bug and anything else in its path and now thing seem to stop whateve lt was going…no bugs were seen under a 30x and 60x scope in the medium or on any of the damaged leafes…glad things seem better because im leaving the state for a couple days tonight!!

4 Likes

repeat in 3 days…

4 Likes

Yea three treatments, five days apart, alternating products [Avid / Forbid 4F miticide]…first pass half them fuckers just take a big sip and go hide and breed…next version 5 days later, has resistance…welcome to the Borg. I’m betting my whole grow…and so are you. My gut tells me those are broad mites and your life just got real complicated because you tipped them off half stepping with a weak product, your first punch was the surprise, and you have lost that advantage now…not to sound like an ass, just saying that there is so many people here with so much good real world information that works and has been proven in the field for decades, I like other growers just want people to have great grows with minimum problems, sadly wisdom only comes from making mistakes, we are all just trying to help others not make the same mistakes, thats all bro…we all got lots of love and fosure we will help you get them gone…just didn’t want you surprised in 5-7 days.

4 Likes

The first produst i used was avid and it got worse and now this treament seemed to work…now im not looking forward to the next week now…

3 Likes

They can be pretty stubborn and difficult to get rid of, major PIA when you get bugs and really not a fun fight. You basically are fighting the battle in three to five day segments, if you can get the upper hand each round then after a few rounds they are gone…then you just really need to figure out the source, if it happened it happened because of a specific set of events. Getting bugs is not a normal part of a grow, its is a symptom of a poor practice or process like as simple as only going into the grow after being freshly showered or not taking in clones, or having a safe quarantine spot for them to be till you have had them long enough to know they are safe to introduce into your garden, the only time bugs should be an issue is for OD growers and the have strict IPM programs to prevent serious outbreaks.

5 Likes

Timmy sometime I dont speak well when writing…not my best skill set. I didn’t mean to offend you or suggest the product you used was inferior, and I kinda looked like and ass when I said that and I sincerely apologize…what I was trying to say was if your not really hitting them hard with an aggressive plan your doing yourself a disservice and making the process more difficult and lengthy, not un - winnable just a more difficult fight brother.

:peace:

4 Likes

I wasnt offended at all !! Its just this whole process is stressful…never had any issues like this in the past so its all new to me…and it probably came from me gardening and growing outside and not taking the proper steps to prevent…

3 Likes

Forbid is like $300 per bottle and banned in many places. Every time I see it talked about I cringe.

Glad to see you got things under control @Timmytool82

The internet sure has a way of doing things like that to people. I mean why buy a product that actually works when you can spend literally hundreds on stuff that only makes them stronger as a whole. Wouldn’t make much sense for companies to make a product that actually works if your in to making money.

Avid is also very expensive, but both can be had on Amazon and Ebay is small quantities and both work well.

Obviously if using either of these products plants that are sprayed with it are no good to take to the finish, but you can at least kill your enemy reveg out the plants and take new cuttings and save things.

It’s all about using the products the way they were intended, and neither are intended to save a harvest.

11 Likes

Update: My flower room seems to be untouched after removing the 1 problematic plant and throwing it outside. My veg room seems to be under attack still after using the last product wich is all natural no harsg chemicals they claim!! I will be tossing a bunch of plants tonight to try and fet rid of some of the ones who are struggling the worse…the only plants unscathed in the veg room are all my clones and a couple plants im currently testing !! Also i have linked every plant effected back to 1 bag of mothers earth charged coco…

4 Likes

Last ditch if you dont have the funds ot hit them with the expesive stuff is wrap the bucket in a plastic bag tightly and take her in the shower with you, upside down under the shower of cool water at full blast, you can try to wash them off by just flooding the undersides of the leaves, its not guaranteed but it will wash a lot off. She will look weird for a day or two but will be ok…

2 Likes

Edit, if she is budding make sure you get her in front of a fan to dry off right out of the shower, and prolly not a good idea to do it very far into flower or your gonna get bud rot, the little puff ball flowers dry fast but once the bud starts to develop structure dont wet them buds.

2 Likes

These are all veg plants not flowering plants and its not about hitting them with the expensive stuff its i dont have time for this crap and they are no good t9 flower after using harsh stuff is what im hearing so im tossing a good portion of them and planned on washing all remaining plants in the shower all the way down to the roots and then replanting in new medium…ugh…

1 Like

Yea if you hit them with the big stuff its not good to ever flower them…just to be safe. I and the person who taught me will take new cuts and keep only the most vigorous after having to make a move like that on any mothers… Hate your having to do this but there is a little comfort knowing that this will be such a PIA you will prolly be real careful not to get anything…so in the end its a good exercise.

:peace:

2 Likes