Not sure what's going on!

Hi everyone. I’m trying to figure out what is going on with my plants. I’ve been growing for over 20 years and never had this problem. This is my 2nd run with the same setup. Only difference from the 1st run was that I added Recharge 4 times at 1/2 tsp per gallon this time. I have 2 Bruce Banner fast and 2 shiskaberry. One of the Banners has never been very happy. Both shiskaberry have been fine until today. Now one of the Shiskaberrys looks like is starting with the same problem as the Banners. They’ve been on 12/12 for 16 days. Before I flipped them the Banner had weird new growth that was really light green/yellow looking and bunched up brackets. Thanks. Any help is appreciated!

Biobizz nutrients
Botanicare calmag+
Water in at 6.4-6.5 ph
Recharge microbes
City tap water I let sit for 2-3 days
Promix BX soil

8 Likes

Shiskaberry on right Banners on left

6 Likes

I would guess either high pH, russet mites, or a virus…

Start by lowering your pH to 6.0 and scope your plants with a 60x or more scope.

11 Likes

The clawing of the leaves makes me suspect nitrogen toxicity

6 Likes

Check your run off numbers should give a idea as to what’s going on.

5 Likes

I agree with mites (broad or even spider mites), those spots in the leaves and the curled ones are symptomatic, check the back of the leaves with a loupe as it’s been said … empollon|nullxnull

5 Likes

Potato bugs, hate em, if it is them.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I checked them over for any pest and they are clean. Pulled the bad one out of the pot and checked the roots and soil. Everything looked fine. Next I watered the bad one with plain water at 6.4 ph. Checked the runoff and it was 5.2 ph. Soil ph has definitely gotten low. Going to water everything with plain water and top dress a little lime on them. Hopefully that will start to get them straight.Thanks again

6 Likes

I was just wondering. Do you ever check the ppm of your runoff?

2 Likes

No I haven’t. I was just looking into buying a ppm meter. This is only the second time I’ve grown indoors in a pretty long time. I didn’t worry with it in the outdoors

2 Likes

The reason I asked is that when my ppm’s in the runoff went way high due to nute lock my girls looked similar to what you’ve shown.

2 Likes

Thanks. I definitely was thinking the same thing. I kinda think it’s locking out iron. Plants mainly look good besides new growth and bud sites

1 Like

I’ve set to watch. Much good luck.
:pray:

2 Likes

My ph pen was acting at little crazy yesterday. Just bought this one. Hopefully it will help me get this straightened out

1 Like

How about you identify the issue.

Like if you went to the emergency room, don’t tell them stick, fishing lure, ice pick. Tell them the injury…

Lots of experts on pH blaming and russet mites in the weed scene. Pesticides bandaid and excuse experts…

1 Like

I think @ReikoX was just giving ideas to check on, not saying " This is your problem ".
Just saying.

2 Likes

There is not enough information to identify the issue. There is more testing needed. That is why I used the word guess.

If it were my grow, I would send a soil sample to a lab for an analys so I wouldn’t have to guess. I would scope for bugs, and possibly go so far as to send of a tissue sample for viriod testing.

What does your crystal ball say? Let me guess calcium deficiency? :crystal_ball:

10 Likes

This is what my plants looked like before I recovered from my russets. Are you 100% positive there aren’t any? Because I didn’t realize that russet mites are small enough to hide behind the little hairs on the underside of leaves for years. Eventually you won’t be able to take clones, as the damage will not allow the plants to fully photosynthesize. You’ll start seeing leaves growing with pieces missing from the leaves, and you’ll think it’s thrips. The leaves will begin growing weird sideways at the tips, and the clawing downward of the leaves like one of the pics. Then you’ll notice leaf sets getting smaller and smaller. The looks of light damaged leaves. And eventually, you won’t be able to clone. That’s if it is in fact russets or a microscopic mite. Don’t mean to sound like a broken record, or to piss you off, but those are all signs of your plant struggling to photosynthesize. Make sure you have a good scope. 80x or better. Hope I’m wrong, and good luck with the plants.

8 Likes

My guess is that the recharge supercharged the soil with microbes that are now breaking down and making much more nutrients available. Hence the classic too much N look. If it is also the only thing that has changed since last time , my money is on that.

2 Likes

Could be, but the fact all the plants have the same feed but some of them react differently makes me wonder if it is not nutrients or pH related but in fact bugs, those russet mites are hard to see even with a scope as @Recyoself313 pointed out … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes