This is why I dont like LEDs

Nope, but short & red-bearded like The Lorax :sweat_smile: :orangutan:

:evergreen_tree: I mostly raise hackles :laughing:

3 Likes

Well if you ever do meet a red haired bearded fellow on the islands who raises them tell him a dirt squirrel says hello.

3 Likes

I have used the Kraft blend with success many times. Be careful with it, it’s a heater and can scorch a young plant quickly if used in excess. If you see stems and stalks turn neon green get to flushing if you can.

3 Likes

Why the high B? I’ve experimented myself but want to know your reasoning. Lot’s of Fe too.

1 Like

I use an article from NCSU as a parameter, where they tested different levels of feeding, varying all the elements. And these values ​​were the ones that got the best results.

B is related to Ca absorption, so to work with a higher Ca level, you have to increase B, high Ca levels with low B cause deformation in the leaves. And these levels were where they showed the best results.

This article also talks about the importance of Fe in the formation of oils within the trichome heads, and with the formation of cannabinoids, and the plants that worked with this level of Fe had a higher concentration of cannabinoids, both downwards and upwards.

5 Likes

Thanks! In searching for it, I found another NCSU article with my absolute favorite, a university-borne hit piece on phosphorus telling us that 15ppm maximizes growth. Puke! And then I question if university published hemp (non-drug-type) data is more of a public policy device. They’d tell you to follow the money and then you’d follow it to state grants… and the state has deep interest in business tax revenue from dispensary sales (now or future), i.e. there’s some faint pressure to publish data which delivers to the home grower a worse product than what could be bought in the state in which the data was published. I’m making this shit up but, seriously the thing on P is a real canary.

Anyways lol can you post the article?

really this low level of P is complicated kkk. what you said makes a lot of sense to me, I also believe they act that way. But doing an analysis of the best known commercial ferts, they all work with these levels. And this article was also recommended by a BR who is one of the chief agronomists at alienlabs, @brunocg310, so I thought it could be trusted, seeing the results he obtains.

Macro

Micro - I didn’t find the article about the micros, but this article shows the table and talks a little about it.
https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/when-micronutrients-become-macro-problems/#:~:text=Given%20the%20study%20results%2C%20NCSU,3-3.5%20ppm%20Fe%2C%20.

2 Likes

Post the analysis! Here’s mine:

Bag mixes are ALL over the place, and P is legally limited for sale in multiple US states. How much P a mix has in it is nearly arbitrary but always low outside of “bloom / blossom” type adders.

I know that study well too. I’m most interested in your high use of B… Boron is a really, really interesting element. Fe @ 5ppm will have my plants looking almost black-green. I never take it that far but really want to know that you’ve intrigued me.

Find that micro study!!!

3 Likes

@cannabissequoia I’m currently about 2 weeks into flowering a couple plants that have lived in BAS 3.0 their whole lives.
Not pure water though, I utilize LABS in my watering, and occasionally a splash of a KNF input or 2… but that’s mainly for microlife.
You can come check out my thread if you want to see. There’s more strains on deck using the same soil.
Would love to hear your thoughts on it over there so we don’t derail this one

3 Likes

Lil update.

I have plants in my soil where I was able to remedy the yellow, and I have plants in my soil that keep up the yellowing.

Cleared up

Not cleared up

5 Likes

I have plants in BAS 3.0 that recovered and a couple that didnt

Recovered

Not recovered

3 Likes

Its only been 9days between this pics and transplanting, so I think its a lil too early to make a conclusion on whether or not its the soil.

I’ll update with pics next weekend.
After watering in a bunch of lime/gypsum in my mix for a fortnight, Im going to switch to watering in vinegar to see if its a (high) pH problem.

BAS 3.0 will continue to get water only.

3 Likes

You could try a light foliar for the stubborn ones. Cant tell from pics but epsom salt if it looks mg - or just something with some N/k to perk them up. Ive had trouble with plants recovering under led after deficiencies - usually when I transplant into wet soil and they take awhile to suck it up.

1 Like

Ive been watering them with solubilized dolomite for a week and a half.
So Im gonna see if vinegar (pH down) helps

1 Like

having too much phosphorus can inhibit mycorrhizal colonization of your plants roots, actually

How much is too much? Will 90 ppm inhibit colonization?

High boron levels can induce females to turn male apparently. I’ve seen it myself.

7 Likes

I don’t know the specifics sorry. Apparently how much is too much depends on quite a few factors. Here’s a link someone posted in another thread around here:

2 Likes

Yeah, Boron is maybe the most sensitive of them all. Couole ppm too low and shit. Couole ppm too high and shit gets wonky

2 Likes

@cannabissequoia 189 and 190

2 Likes