This seems familiar- Seamonkey84’s first grow in 12+yrs

Trying to use the focus on this thing is ridiculous lol. But I’m still practicing. I took the top buds off the nice banana kush, hanging it in an unused room, kinda cool in there but no extra humidity. I’ll check the buds in the morning, may just paper bag them after a day since there’s not much there. Though they are pretty dense. I took these mostly so I can give it (most of anyway) to my friend for her bday next week, gotta make mama happy.

15 Likes

I can teach yoh how to make your own Calmag+, its actually super easy and dirt cheap… I’ve made it myself and it seriously works better then store bought.

4 Likes

Just calcium chloride and Epsom salt right?
I made a three part additive for my coral reef tank, calcium chloride (road salt) and sodium carbonate for building the skeletal structure of the stony corals, balanced with magnesium sulfide to keep the other two from reacting too readily and precipitating out. So just skip the carbonate part Right?

4 Likes

Nope. (Sorry to highjack the thread temporally)

1 Like

No problem, always good to learn something new

2 Likes

14 eggshells crushed

Cook on frying pan till black/brown, use blender to make it dust.

Add Apple cider vinegar 1 part shells to 5 parts vinegar ratio. After the fizzing for 10min, cap it and let it sit for 30days. Shake once in a while to help it break down.

Strain it all and rebottle it then add 1/4 cup of molasses to get Magnesium Sulfate…

Use 1 teaspoon per 1gal for finished product.

Now you have Cal-Mag-Phos all in one.

16 Likes

Brooooo. I was balls deep into reef aquariums, Nano aquariums, Picos and no tech planted tanks. For wayyy too long hahaha… Had everything from 65gal bow front, 40g breeders with custom lighting. 3 gal and vases. Do you know who Albert Theil is? Don’t get me started, it’s hard to keep the itch away hahahha

2 Likes

No, name doesn’t sound familiar, was never into who was what in the hobby worlds lol. I still work in pet store, running the fish department, but with kids to take care of, and rest of the time I was out fishing, no time for tanks at home anymore. This was my pride and joy for nearly 7 years, 10gal SPS reef. Still get sad thinking about it lol.
These were Wyoming white clowns, the first year sea and reef had them out…$250ea. We sell them at my work for $50-70 now :man_facepalming:

14 Likes

It takes some getting used to

2 Likes

Yeah man I had a 100 gallon reef for over 10 years still miss it I may put together a nano in the future

3 Likes

Some of my corals from 2012, I had a super nice local supplier. I also get sad thinking my tanks man. Check out Albert Theil “Nano Reef” aquarium book, excellent. I Still wanna make another pico vase reef hahah
My old DIY ADA stand and diy 3gal nano reef in the beginning.

Ok ok, I’m done. Sorry OP…

7 Likes

Once covid is settled down alot more, I may attempt this in a 2gal hurricane Vase again.

I still remember all the flipping variations that came from this lol my favorite was the snowflake clowns.

1 Like

Well since we’re reef(er) heads

11 Likes

Yeah but you know what happens then. Eventually it morphs into a full blown 100+ gallon reef or bigger hell I know a guy in down around clearwater that turned his swimming pool into a reef I’m talking unground pool

Peace out and stay safe

2 Likes

@Grohio try out makin some DIY Cal-Mag-Phos. I’m sure you will like it and would safe ya some coin.

2 Likes

Haha no wonder this fourm is bada$$ we all a bunch of retired Reefers hahaha roll another one and pass it.

1 Like

Lol I saw that pun on reefer clever

2 Likes

Frostbites are one of my favorites, then the heavily spotted snowflakes. There’s also one called snow storm now, no orange whatsoever, white body, black fins and eyes, like a skull head fish.

3 Likes

my clowns

5 Likes