Times are Tuff. Bag Seed Grow

Thanks dequilo

1 Like

Just keeping up with progress.

Just a little bubbler experiment.

One I was trying to see how well I can start a seedling straight into DWC without rockwool cubes. I always started my seeds in in soil and then washed my roots to transfer into DWC. But I noticed that I would loose about a week of growth doing it that way. Plus I always wondered how a plant would react growing straight into 12/12

Happy Grow :v:

8 Likes

The one thing my mother always told my my friend was," weed will get you through times with no money . But money won’t get you through times with no weed"!

9 Likes

Whats up folks. I just did a feed yesterday using General Hydroponics flower ratio using half nutes. There was some yellowing leaves before this that I simply just removed but now I got this blotchieness going on. What yall think?

Think I went to heavy on the nutes? I only feed every after straight water twice. Water water feed.

5 Likes

Its sister had the same problems in the beginning.

I think I’ll have to dial back the nutes a little bit. I should only have maybe 3 more feeds before I flush. Unless she really starts drinking heavy.
I know her sister was fed to heavy here. This was a little after I had put her in DWC.

3 Likes

Check your ph, but especially if your using LEDs, mg and cal issues are a common thing. Something about LEDs make them more hungry for magnesium and calcium. Mag-cal is a popular product, but a diy recipe was posted over on my thread recently.

8 Likes

Sometimes you gotta work with what you got

3 Likes

Its a good possibility. Im running 2 mars hydro 600. And I wasn’t adding that much cal mag to keep my PPMs down and I use tap water that I leave out for days to evaporate the chlorine. I will add some in when I water next. Thanks @Seamonkey84.

2 Likes

You use half strength in early flower and are concerned that you fed them too much? Early-mid flower nutrient demands are highest.

Up them feeds, they’re probably hungry. Fertilizer isn’t a bad thing.

1 Like

What are your leaf surface temperatures?

1 Like

Temps are 76 degrees F. My PPMs was around 1100. I dont think I should go higher then that. My tap water is 174 PPMs. When I use full suggested strength in the General Hydroponic Flora the PPMs are over 2000. Is there plants that like it that high? My DWC is fine but thats a whole different unknown strain. The one in soil is supposed to be a Runtz or Peanut Butter Breath. I dont think there’s a Peanut Butter Breath Runtz. I dont know who the father is. I really dislike not knowing what genetics I’m working with.

2 Likes

If thats the air temps, the leaf temps are probably 5°F lower than that with LEDs, try getting the air temp closer to 81-84°F so the plant can transpire easier.

3 Likes

Yeah. I have been a little concerned about that. I’ve gotta try to see if I can’t find something around the house. I have my lights coming on around 2am so it stays warm. My humidity is low. Im not working right now cause of covid and covid is making find work difficult. With this grow I should be able to get things I need. A humidifier (its only 37% humidity) and something to help heat my tent.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with bagseeds. Frankly they are just as likely to be good as any expensive feminized seed.

Try it normal strength as per the directions and if it doesn’t help, you know that isn’t the issue. 174 ppm is nothing I’m almost at 400. Whatever you were doing isn’t working, try something else, best place to start is the directions. Forget about measurements and see what the plants are telling you.

Excess fertilizer looks more like burnt tips and edges than the chlorosis you’re seeing in your plants. I may be wrong, but they look hungry to my eye, and the fact that you’re using half strength in early flowers supports that theory, assuming everything else (pH, temps, etc) is in order.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a shot. Ill let her dry up a little then ill give her full nutes. Ill post the response. Bag seeds are fine I just like to research the strain I’m growing to use it as reference. I guess I’m a little bit of a control freak, lol. I like to know whats going on. Why its doing what its doing, and so on.

I do the same thing, wanna collect every scrap of info I can about every detail, but I’m always a little surprised each time in some way. That, and people keep poor records haha. Sometimes all you get is a blurry photo of a plant at 6 weeks and the description “it was good straight gas lol”.

Looking at the plants and the facts objectively, I think that’s most likely your issue, but if it isn’t, one less thing to troubleshoot.

1 Like

Thanks man. If I wasn’t ever surprised this would be a boring hobby. I enjoy the challenge. And even more I enjoy being able to share and get info from folks like yourself on OG. :blush: I will keep this updated. I’ll give her a little more nutes in a few days.

1 Like

Looks to me like nutrient lock out. But I’m a novice. Just looks familiar with my first couple grows where this ended up being the issue. First time was from overwatering, and second time was from salts build up. Good luck!

1 Like

My ph levels are ok when I water. I really should check my run off though. I was discussing with @vernal that he thought that I wasn’t using enough nutrients. Her sister did the same thing. They eventually worked it self out. I will keep lock out as a possibility and post on here what I’m doing for future reference. Thanks @trainwreck420

1 Like

Today I added 5 ml of cal mag to see if that makes a difference first.

If I don’t see a difference then I will add more nitrogen nutes.