This seems familiar- Seamonkey84’s first grow in 12+yrs

Yes sir. Ask my wife. 12+ tanks later and likely the cost of retirement hahaha

1 Like

Eh, I play enough at work for now. My 125gal has been sitting empty going on 10 years though… often though about setting it up as a bait tank. but just to be different, I was thinking about keeping a couple dozen freshwater rainbow smelt that we use for salmon. But they require a chiller over the summer, can’t get above 68F for them or things start going bad quick.

2 Likes

@Seamonkey84 just fish farm some rainbows and sell em :wink: Use it as money maker. Need the chiller though likely.

I feel the itch.
https://www.google.com/search?q=paludarium&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjM9KCOxcLtAhUJVc0KHdGTAegQ_AUoAXoECAMQAQ&biw=360&bih=627&dpr=3#imgrc=08zKAiC7hWy9GM

1 Like

Spawning and rearing smelt is a venture I’m not going to try lol. Raising trout would get me in more trouble with in this state than growing pot before it became legal!
inland fish and game and their regulations are very strict here. They control what we can keep and sell for pets. We have a list of approved animals that are allowed without a permit, anything not on that list would need a permit. Then when it comes to fishing, if your not going to immediately release the fish, you must kill it and count it as part of your limit. if your caught with any live fish (besides approved baitfish or pets) it could be seen as intention to relocate and illegally stock the fish, 2k-10k fine. But on that note, basically the only limit we have is on trout and salmon. bass only have a limit in the lower half of the state, the northern half is basically recommended to kill them all, along with any pike/musky caught, all are invasive species. Hardly anyone here except kids (and me) fish for sunfish and perch. Oh, crappies and bluegills are also invasive here :crazy_face:.

5 Likes

yep thats one way to do it Cal-Mag+, CalMag+ made with eggshells

4 Likes

Omg I just walked into the room the buds are hanging in, totally smells like sweet fruity pebbles with a hint of bubblegum and almost sulfury fermentation funk, almost like a hint of skunk. but not the scent of skunk on the breeze or someone’s dog got sprayed and they went to work/school, but if you smell something that got freshly sprayed, the burnt rubber sulfur oily smell.

6 Likes

Well shiiiiitttt. I swear I seen this recipe another place before I seen yours just now lol

3 Likes

Yep exactly one for hard corals one for soft ya know one for amenomne etx etx its never ending …opps now i need more power for more lights so a call to the electrician to pur in new circuits dedicated to each system…
Never ending. Tell the wife this hooby is way cheaper and the benifits ooohhhthe benifits

Peace out and stay safe

2 Likes

Truly the only hobby that pays for itself in no time. All the you tubers that are doing indoor gardening in their tents make me laugh, I was going to put a pepper plant in my setup, now I realize space is at a premium cost in the grow tent. I’ll set up some other lights and a shelf in the kitchen for my peppers.

5 Likes

Well I just decided to go ahead and order more of the trifecta + fertilizer blend. My first set of plants responded beautifully to it, blended into soil (or right into planting hole) and then top dress in 3-4 weeks, it’s water only otherwise.
I used it on all my other plants this summer, then tried it on the indoor garden lol
https://migardener.com/product-tag/trifecta/

4 Likes

A belated congrats on your first harvest (in a while)! It looks good! Look foward to the smoke report and what you line up next!

2 Likes

Thank, but I just took a few tops off one plant lol

8 Likes

Now this is more like it! 7 days from receiving these cuttings in the mail. Got three big cuttings and turned them into 5, all have roots now.
@GramTorino @nefrella they made it!

Just realized I haven’t mentioned these in my own thread till now :crazy_face:. I got three cuttings of God Bud 2.0 mailed to me from a very generous member. He needed space, sent me some cuttings and gave the original tree to another member :star_struck:.

13 Likes

Wow, that’s fast man!!

3 Likes

That’s the type of results I’m use to lol. I had to learn the hard way that I had too much light on the other ones, and the donor plants were underfed so that didn’t help.
Back in the day, I had a two plants every 2 week schedule (Sunday to Sunday’s).
Sunday 1- Take cuttings off mother plant, put into peat pellets
Sunday 2 plant rooted cuttings and veg one week
Sunday 3/1 put the small plants into bloom (harvest two), take more cuttings.

6 Likes

Yay @Seamonkey84 !!! Super excited to see your green babies! :v::peace_symbol::peace_symbol::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Same schedule i was on,almost.
Sun.#1 take clones,clones to veg,veg to flower.
Sun.#2 trim and jar
Sun.#3 see sun.#1

12 plants every 2 weeks hehehe, top kola only, sog.

5 Likes

@Seamonkey84 how did you get roots so fast on the clones?

1 Like

This is how I’ve always done it

But this time, less light, almost in the shade in the jar

7 Likes