This seems familiar- Seamonkey84’s first grow in 12+yrs

To be fair, muscle cars at full throttle are quieter than those iPower fans :joy:

My 6" AC Infinity is way quieter than my old 4" iPower, but I doubt I’d want to sleep next to it at full power, as I’m a very light sleeper. I could probably do so at half power, though :grinning:

4 Likes

I think I have mine set to 6 or 7, like I said, the 3 mini clip on fans I have going almost cover the ramping up and down.

3 Likes

Yeah, they are super quiet while they ramp. Kinda freaked me out for a second the first time, lol.

4 Likes

Oh, that manifold plants I pictured above is one of your orange goji F2s! I have another I didn’t picture, and had to rehome two much larger ones, but I took cuttings.

6 Likes

I can hardly wait to see how they do in flower :grinning:

I really liked the mom, she was super frosty and great smoke. The dad looked pretty great too, but I haven’t had a chance to flower an F2 myself yet, so I’ll definitely be watching to see what’s up.

I’m super curious to see how much variation comes out in this generation.

4 Likes

Most of the noise is axial, if you change to insulated ducts - Big Difference (12dBA)!

@Seamonkey84, you are going to love the controller once you get familiar with it.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Love that! That’s what I’ve been doing, winging, learning, winging a little more, screwing up (I dropped my cup with a cut by not paying attention),

That’s where I’m at. Every little idea calls for some technical demands, some adjusting to do, some makeshift adaptation of some sort, and off we go, learning tons with every hit and miss, mistake, and achievement. And believe it or not, the clone has been good to me, so far. Great to be here!

6 Likes

Still haven’t flipped… I’m going to have some problems… I going to need to do some defoliation and pruning of almost all side branches.

17 Likes

looks tight but doable, as long as the light can penetrate through the top layer of leaves

6 Likes

I hope so, going to go single cola on some of them so I can squeeze in at least one smaller plant, maybe two. I need one of the god bud clones to go in for that mini seed run. I almost wish I had a few small clones of some of my new strains rooted, just so I can pollinate them and stick them back into veg to finish maturing seeds. Oh well, there will be more chances later with different pollen.

7 Likes

Healthy looking ladies!

2 Likes

Wow, almost forgot to update. I did some pruning, close to the pistilwhipt method that @monkeyman mentioned my first round. I removed all but the top 5 or so nodes, what ever left a relatively even, but not wide canopy of tops. The main goal was to open up air flow, and to keep the bushing out to a minimum.
I flipped them to 12/12 last night (Jan 31). After the pruning, there was enough space to squeeze in the two smaller god bud clones, one for pollination, one for smoke. The male that is remaining is going in just till I can collect some pollen to satisfy my curiosity. It’s a male that grew from a fem seed. It’s a tester, along with almost everything else in the tent. I won’t be spreading any seeds from this tester male, I just want to see if males from fem seeds (possibly xx males) produce fem or nearly fem pollen. On that note, I may have more pollen to Choose from to put on the orange goji and god bud. @TheBubbleKing is sending me some, and then I just got two nice males from a friend so I can collect pollen, a NL x orange grove, and Aloha OG (came from a pack of fem MWCB, but sebring says pollen may have drifted from the Primate OG). Too many pollen choices and not enough branches, going to have to save some for later.

I prob could go more aggressive with defoliation, but up until recently I didn’t even know that was a thing, so I won’t do it unnecessary. Is there a benefit besides airflow? Removing the extra sucker branches already gets rid of most of the air restrictions and eliminates the larf. Does it force more bud production since the plant isn’t supporting all the foliage? But I always saw lower leaves as a reserve for nutrients, even if it’s not getting much light.
Before

After (male front and center, small container with pink label)

12 Likes

Oh! My collection of bought clones have grown… literally and expanding lol. So on top of the 6 I already mentioned above, I just picked up 6 more. 8 actually but two were for a buddy, I’m sure I’ll get a cut off them later if I wanted lol. For my buddy I got salmon river and sky dweller. I picked up Fruity Pebbles and BC God bud (comparing to god bud 2.0 I have) at the request of a couple other members, we’re kinda doing a collaborative collection. Plus I thought of getting them before anyway, so win win. Then I also got MOB, one of the strains from Maine I’ve been looking for, still out of clones of Burnham Redeye, just crosses and teens. To top it all off, Bubba and Master Kush, unknown if they are the original or from some breeders seeds.
New ones in quarantine/fumigation

Others, already took a cutting off the Blueberry, Sensi Star, and Cherry dick. Once they root they’re going to my buddies place to grow out and bloom. At least I’ll be able to taste some sooner than I can grow them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Just waiting to get some long life heat packs to start chopping and sending out some others for trades.

Omg I can’t count :man_facepalming: I also picked up a Norther light (of some sort :man_shrugging:t2:) possibly from JOTI since they have other strains from them, but who knows.

15 Likes

I’ll have it in the post office here inna bit. This morning , i promise.
:v:

2 Likes

Lol, thank you!

1 Like

Following along here

2 Likes

Hello fellow New Englander! The fun parts are just getting started. Stick around, watch my first attempt to make some seeds, hope I can keep it under control and not cross contaminate. Just hope I don’t mess this round up and make it to harvest :upside_down_face:.

2 Likes

sounds like its gonna get even seedier in here soon - you know the plants don’t pollinate themselves though, right? :nerd_face: oh wait… maybe they do lol

3 Likes

No, I’m going to be doing some manual pollination. Hope I won’t have any hermies. Oh, gotta double check for light leaks…

yeah I know, I was just being a silly monkey - good luck with your plant orgy

1 Like