This seems familiar- Seamonkey84’s first grow in 12+yrs

20 yrs ago when i grew in my closet, for real, i used fart fans for circulation. Im still using them

4 Likes

I looked at your cloning post. Do you use the leaf you pull to strip the skin off half the clone?

I thought you wanted to do that on the part that’s in the cube/pellet?

2 Likes

If your asking me, i just cut so it fits the cup, trim a 1/3 off leafs tips, no rooting gel, no angle no scaring the stem

3 Likes

Its gonna root ni matter what you do to it

2 Likes

Yes, I pulled one leave down to peel the skin, that’s the node that I put into the pellet. I always prefer to have a node as the part of the rooting

5 Likes

OK, it looked like you peeled the skin halfway down the clone. What is the water soak for? I have just been soaking until 8 get to where I can gel, and cube it. It only ended up being a few minutes

1 Like

I always did it to make sure it was fully hydrated and swelled, but also the cold water was to kind of firm it it a bit and make it easier to work with. Just the way I learned it back in the day :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Impressive and inspiring nugs you made there. Damn.

2 Likes

Ah I see what your talking about, that long stem was due to me taking pics out of sequence and going back and picking up a random piece to show the trimming of leaves and the leaf peel :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

The other banana kush got the chop tonight!

Closet is getting full :joy:!

Ok he tent is getting a bit more roomy, I spread the branches out a bit more using the wire ties, and shifted them around for better air flow on the more dense areas

Roughly another week to go for the rest

20 Likes

looking good! I like how they look, with your homemade light setup - awesome job

5 Likes

Looking great!

4 Likes

Very nice man!

3 Likes

I’m letting them go a bit longer, they’re pushing out new hair and bulking up some more :grin:. Plus, no sign of amber amber crystals on buds at all yet.
I also got more UVB cfl bulbs. Making it now 21 15w LEDs, 315 wares evenly spread over 3x3, 35w per sq foot. The 4 13w UVB cfl bulbs are there just for spectrum supplements on and as a source of UV

Critical mass

Grease monkey 1

Grease monkey 2

The 16oz manifold plants, two are looking promising, two are going to be up potted.

I need to take pics of the rest that are in veg, which include the Apollo 11/13 cross testers, a pair of big league grape testers, godbud 2.0 clones

22 Likes

Smoke report…
they dried either too quickly or unevenly :persevere:. Besides being harvested very green, it seems even though the room is fairly cool, the air is also rather dry. I don’t have a humidity gauge :man_facepalming: I trimmed and jarred some that were getting crispy since I didn’t get them into a paper bag in time to slow it down. others the stem were still very playable after the paper bag. and needed to be left open… which may then have dried too fast. Green taste aside, the banana kush was still tasty and fruity. It just wasn’t very potent, but I don’t remember the bag it came from being great either. No amber trichromes, rather the buzz was more of a head tingle than a body numb. After drying, the buds were so sticky they wouldn’t come out of the jar, or off the finger when breaking it up :laughing:. When I give it (only got a clone of one of the two) a second run, I’ll grow it bigger and let it go longer.
The branches of the critical mass that I took early to prevent bud rot, not much of a body effect. feel the buzz/numbing in my face and head tingles. Has a stronger effect in the same department as the banana kush. Bud is very tight after drying, nice and dense. I’ll judge it more when I harvest the whole plant.

13 Likes

Very nice i wish i still had pics of mine

1 Like

Merry Christmas to me!
Went to get my friend a new grinder and pipe… ended up leaving with this too…

I ended up using the new grinder… so I guess I’m just giving her the pipe I got for her :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Still need to make some qwiso/qwet to use as the glue.

7 Likes

I have never seen a grinder like that. It looks like it came off an infomercial. Can it grill and air fry too? :rofl:

Edit: that thing looks like it could save some twisting for sure.

1 Like

I think I’m going to cry… the big grease monkey has to be trashed :sob::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. Bud rot in all branches. I can’t vent the humidity out of the room without leaving my bedroom door open all day.

5 Likes

Not good man. Looks like a dehumidifier is in your future. Sorry to hear that.

3 Likes