This seems familiar- Seamonkey84’s first grow in 12+yrs

End of Week 5 update
Whole bloom section

Critical mass

Bigger grease monkey

Other grease monkey, definitely a few days behind the bigger one

Bigger but not so healthy banana kush, frosting up!

Now the little star of the tent. Stunted from not being up potted when the other were, now showing a bit of Mg issue (I believe). For just appeal and frost, this little gal steals the show. Doesn’t form a cola, just individual chunky nugs.

Also, on the bigger grease monkey, nitrogen deficient? Chopping in 3 weeks, so is this normal and ok, or feed more or different fertilizer?

17 Likes

Sorry, just noticed I didn’t answer this a while back. No, I wouldn’t say it’s normal, it started off nice fat leaves like the smaller banana kush, but then it got some issues and I couldn’t keep up trying to fix it. The buds look nice but all the leaves are now crispy at ends. May have to come down early but we’ll see. If she does, it’ll free up some room to start flowering my 16oz manifold plants.
Oh right, didn’t get updates on the veg side. I’ll go take some pics in a min, then have to go to bed.

4 Likes

I really, really like the look. It reminds me of some of the more unique tropical, non-cannabis plants I’ve seen.

If it weren’t for the leaf tips and discoloration, that would be one of my favorite cannabis plants I’ve seen. Have you ever seen leaves like that before? I looked at a lot of Bannana Kush pictures, and none look quite like that.

4 Likes

It does look like some sort of palm or something :sweat_smile:! It’s because of the lollipopping I did, then the leaf drop from issues, and the leaves are curled/clawed lot make that umbrella shape. Also, these are all bagseeds of unknown “fathers”
Here it is before

Still in bottom left.

13 Likes

Seedling/clones
Seedlings for SCJedi’s Blackwater x apollo 11/13 testers, and two from kakalak (calyx bros) Big League Grape (grape pie x bubblegum). On the far left Is my out of control bonsai mother of my bag seed critical mass. Just in case, but none of the other stains took :disappointed:

These are the clones I took of the banana kush plants, didn’t really do too good… took them a week into flower then they continued to push hairs
This one is revegging

This one has no growth tips… the top ended up molding in the dome. Let’s just see what a plant with no growth tips does for a while.

I really need to pay attention before and after I take my cuttings. I use to have 100% on my batches, with only a handful of failed ones when trying new techniques.
Then on bottom shelf, the 16oz manifold plants. Again, kinda slacking on the training of all but one…

18 Likes

Did you make seeds from that Bannana Kush? I didn’t see a male in there.

I am still not totally clear. That unique leaf shape, was that phenotypic/genotypic or a response to care? It seems like it was maybe a bit of both?

I’d like to eventually explore that leaf shape. It’d be so cool to have a Dr. Seuss tropical looking cannabis palm plant. Let me know how it smokes!

3 Likes

No I haven’t made any seeds yet, no males or pollen on hand. If their clone works out and the smoke is nice, I may throw some pollen on them once I get some, but these plants likely had a hermi as a “father” to begin with, so not sure if that’s a good idea. Honestly I think the shape your looking at is all due to the deficiencies, and the even canopy I made when pruning.

5 Likes

If you are just a few weeks out, the yellowing is likely normal buddy.

4 Likes

Well, haven’t checked the trichs, just going off a 8wk estimate. plus It’s almost more of a need to chop them by then, or at least one so I can have some homegrown dried for Xmas. Yea, it’ll be a relatively quick 3 or 4 day dry for at least a branch or two. I’ll need to make room for the tester plants to move out of veg.
Honestly, in the past, I use to like my plants looking full and healthy right up till harvest. I’m using natural fertilizers and don’t flush anyway.

3 Likes

Just found my old pocket microscope, will check trichromes later today. But without checking… I think I may have a 6-7 week banana kush cross. Almost all her hairs have turned orange, so far no signs of pushing out more hairs, and only a slight sign of Mg issue that I seemed to have fixed. Not a great judge for what this plant will do though, its the one that didn’t get up potted till almost week 2 of flower and was a bit stunted at first.
The top buds

Lower sections

17 Likes

Gotta have that home grown Christmas bud.That was my main goal starting back up my first grow in years.Sitting here replying to you with the giddiest goofy grin from smokin the MauwiWowiCherryPheno bud.Every 3 minutes i giggle as i think f**k i am high :upside_down_face:

Nothing wrong with an early finisher.She looks like she will give you some nice buds to smoke and some juicy sugar trim for some kind of extraction.

10 Likes

I am right there with you :slight_smile: my friend

all the best

Dequilo

8 Likes

Looking good in here @Seamonkey84, glad to see the Mg issue is resolved. Do you plan to run the bananas again for a second try?

3 Likes

The issue was fixed on the second plant, the first one doesn’t seem to be degrading as much anymore either. They both look like they are frostier than the others, but not as much bud mass for the size. As long as the clones grow out to take cuttings of, yes I’ll grow her or the sister at least one more time. Good to have known females from a previous batch to fill gaps left by culled males. At least until I decide it’s not worth the space, if I find something better in its category.
Also, a update on the big grease monkey, looks like I have some fox tailing or just bulking up now…

16 Likes

Ok, used the radio shack scope on the banana Kush plants, came out crappy but got the picture. These could be taken now, but I want to see roughly 25% amber, and see if they bulk up more.
The bigger but sickly one

The second one

Without having to mess with taking a pic, I got to see a lot more, it’s like looking at white caviar!

13 Likes

I have always been a fan of harvesting with mostly milky triches as i love the cerebral high.I also like to leave a few buds to mature to amber triches to compare the high but i usually find i prefer the cerebral high unless its for a sleep aid medicine then its amber gold lol

They look great.I know you have waited a long time to harvest your own buds.Enjoy and give yourself a pat on the back for a great grow .

7 Likes

Well I was out getting containers to up pot all the seedlings I have going, and I found a new toy for less than $9

Can’t wait to get home and try it on my plants, but here’s a pic of a bud I’ve been smoking today.

8 Likes

Well we are at say 42 of bloom. The banana kush sisters are very close to being ready. There is still some clear trichromes on the lower part of the plant, once they are all cloudy I’m going to start taking a few branches to dry.
First the group shot

Then from back left going clockwise
Critical mass

Grease monkey 1 (bigger one)

Grease monkey 2

Banana kush 1, that had the potassium/mg issues

Best for last, bans kush 2 (center of the group), stunted from late up potting but the frostiest

16 Likes

I need practice with this new phone loop, also clearly not 60x magnification

60x on the RadioShack pocket microscope that I posted above.
“That’s no moon”

12 Likes

Looking good man. This is your first harvest, in a long time, coming up, right?

2 Likes