This seems familiar- Seamonkey84’s first grow in 12+yrs

Definitely got them wired up cleanly I can say that for sure. I honestly don’t have the time to string them up in a series like that. I’m definitely not knocking the way you have it set up because that’s your main setup so you’re definitely going to want it to be even I guess a light evenly distributed.

For the size 10 and what I’ll be using I get awesome coverage with those five ways seven ways are a bit too much three five ways to be awesome for a space that I have. You got some leaf rolling going on. Is it hot in there or you having a deficiency in your soul? I was just wondering cuz I noticed it a little bit back.

Sweet setup dude. I find myself enjoying low watt growing still to the day. I used to go playing some my closet just to get them up the height and then I’d have to take them outside My father was damn near kill me for smoking even grass. Lol

Have a good one dude. everything is nice man I really enjoy seeing this thread and I had to definitely link up to it. Be safe. :grin::v:

1 Like

Those are looking beautiful! I love the leaf shape and structure on the far bottom left plant. Which one is that? Why are the leaves so elongated?

Edited: just saw its Bannana Kush. Beautiful plant. Is that a common leaf shape/structure?

2 Likes

They come pre wired, I just screwed them to pieces of wood, connected all the positives together, then the negative, and then to a extension cord I cut.
This is how they come out of the box, just two wires and ground. I didn’t ground these…

The leafs curl early on was during summer, yea the room got warm. There’s a couple leaves curled on one plant now, but none on her sister. It doesn’t get over 80F in the tent now

9 Likes

Oh I get it You just use those and put them straight like that. Oh I didn’t even see that’s how you did it. I thought you got like those really flat bulb mounts and put them together in a series like that. Which is cool. I’ve seen dudes on here do like f****** 40 bulbs on a rack. But you got good coverage in there definitely to be growing plants that big with good node spacing you know.

Yeah I run my plants hot my HID usually keeps it 85-87°. I get a lot more running my plants in those temperature ranges. I have four fans going in a tent at any given time but the 6" exhaust dumps it pretty quick.

Running with my filter on keeps its 6° hotter at least 6°. LEDs are my choice now.

Looks great dude.:+1:

3 Likes

4 full weeks since flipping the plants to bloom. I’ve been feeding earth juice sea bloom for the past week.
So another addition to the tent build, figured out the easiest way to get a fan at the right height and stay put. Also, I exchanged out the reptil bulbs for ones of different shape, the first set are more designed to lay horizontally, so more surface area is exposed in the right direction. These ones are more round, but we only had one of the brand I was looking for, so I got a different one in the mean time. Though the one I didn’t originally want is cool white, while the one I wanted is warm white. I’d think the cool white bulb would help with development of more frost.

Used a ratchet Light hanger

Critical mass

Grease monkey (the bigger in the one back right, pruned before flipping)

The other grease monkey, pruned a week into flower, note to self, don’t do that again

The smaller but healthy banana kush

The problem child banana kush

22 Likes

Great idea on the fan man. I may use that at some point.

4 Likes

Hay babger i found a shelf at wally world for 30 bucks 3 shelvesits24 x 14 x 30 high use it for the nursery and storing jugs and stuff

here it is

12 Likes

I’m really regretting that the grease monkey plants and the banana kush cuttings didn’t take well. The grease money just didn’t not want to root, by the time they did, all the leaves had yellowed and showed no growth after planting. The kush cuttings didn’t do too much better, seeing as all the growth tips seemed to have died off the in process :man_facepalming:. one thing for sure, I’m not going to try taking cuttings to root once they’ve been in flower. Even after just a few days in 12/12, all of the ones I did continued to spit hairs and bloom, then had to reveg while rooting. Maybe what I’ve read about LEDs being too strong for rooting cuttings has some merit… I use to get 100% success with the way I’m doing it now, but new plants, new feeding, new lights.
That’s why these are practice plants, but a couple of these are getting f*ing frosty as hell! Maybe it’s the new UV lights, maybe it’s just them maturing well. The grease monkey and banana kush are getting loaded with crystals, the critical not as much. I know that visible stalks don’t mean heavy trichrome heads for hash, which is something I want to make later on, but it’s sure prettier to look at :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

The other banana kush is starting to show the same signs on the lower leaves. I gotta get this figured out. This is a three gallon bucket, 3-4weeks ago When I filled it, I used promix with 25% perlite, mixed in three tablespoons of bone meal, three table spoons of kelp meal, and two tablespoons of garden lime. Transplanted a plant and Watered it in with Alaskan fish fertilizer. That plant got pulled after two weeks, then this one was put in its place. I’ve started feeding with earth juice sea blast bloom 3-26-22. I know, should of used a complete recipe or just stuck with the preblended fertilizers (dry or liquid) from the beginning. It’s dark period now, forgot take take pics of the issue.

4 Likes

Take a deep breath @Seamonkey84 , if having multiple issues (potentially) need to work thru them step by step. Get pics tomorrow and post, get opinions from the cornucopia of knowledge that is Overgrow, consider the consensus, and take action! Looking forward to seeing the pics of this issue.

4 Likes

Sorry, not very knowledgeable about soil with liquid fertilizers approach. But when I was doing full organics (notill/LOS), EWC always seemed to balance things out and help with whatever problems the plant was having.

Doing a soil slurry PH test is another idea off my head, maybe lime is not buffering properly (or doing its job too well!).

Sorry I can’t be more help, but your other plants looks like they are enjoying life, so I’m sure you will get to the bottom of it.

4 Likes

Ok took a sample of my soil from a couple inches down and tested the ph. I added just enough water to get the soil submerged, mixed it well then let it sit about 5mins. I strained the water and tested with a aquarium ph test strip. It read roughly 6.5 hard to tell with the brown water but it was above 6.2 and below 6.8.
This is the leaves showing the start of it. The crispy leaves in the pic are on the other plant that has lost most of her leaves.

10 Likes

… Perhaps Magnesium deficiency? pH sounds OK, hit it with some Cal mag?

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I’m using a bit of Epsom salt every other watering, seeing if that helps.

2 Likes

Im haveing the same problem how hot does it get in were your plants are?? I got my temps down to the mid 80s and mine stoped so far

1 Like

It doesn’t even get 83 in the tent.

1 Like

That sounds just about right, so you can cross PH off your list. I agree with @Gpaw, your other banana kush is showin clear signs of beginning Mg deficiency - light spots on lower leaves that progress to tips burning and eventually leaves crisping and dieing completely. The problem moves from the bottom on up…

I am not familiar with your line of nutrients, but it sounds your are using just the bloom booster? Is that what they recommend? Maybe it’s a 2-part line and majority of Mg is in the veg part? Sorry I’m just guessing here. I mean, you should have some Mg in your lime, but there are several limes out there and I don’t know if you used Dolomitic lime with Mg or one of low-Mg alternatives like gypsum.

Here’s a good article on the topic:
https://buildasoil.com/blogs/news/12851705-liming-agents-whats-the-deal-with-all-these-products

Anyway, from my point of view, if you leave it be, the def will spread and your plant will be stunted, far from it’s genetic potential. You have 2 options: increase epsom to every watering for a week and monitor progress (too bad you can’t do a quick-acting foliar as you are in bloom). Or flush your promix thoroughly and treat it almost like hydro for the rest of the grow - make sure to water with a correct elemental-micro mix every watering till the chop day.

I’m sure you will figure it out! :muscle:

5 Likes

I’m using 1/2 tsp of Epsom salt per gallon right now, that ok for every watering? Usually every other day right now. The package for the fertilizer doesn’t say it needs to be used with anything else, but it’s also my first time using it. Though I am a little put off by the high P-K ratio, though it’s only 1/4 tsp per gallon every watering. I checked, it doesn’t contain Mg…

I may just switch back to Neptune harvest for a more balanced ratio.

Actually, since all my plants started so well with it until I ran out, I’m getting more trifecta plus from MIgardener. I started with just that mixed into the soil and the my all did great on it, then I ran out. I only had to water for about 6 weeks in veg before any signs of being hungry showed. I also had it mixed into the soil for the three bigger plants in 5gal buckets, and I only just started feeding them 3rd week of bloom since it had been 4-5 weeks since I transplanted them into it. Hadn’t showed any signs of needing feeding till the other day, some leaves are getting lighter. So top dressing with it every 4 weeks would be golden.

https://migardener.com/store/fertilizer/3-lb-trifecta/

7 Likes

I would definitely keep using epsom for every watering, you should see if it’s working or not in the next few cycles. If the deficiency keeps progressing you will have to do something more radical… I checked the link, but couldn’t find a complete list of ingredients, just the NPK ratio. Good luck!

6 Likes

i reconize that ballast. Same same diff name.

4 Likes