Those of you into the R/C world of cars

Does anyone have an Outcast 8s? My wife wants one for Xmas, and of course I’m getting her one. Was hoping someone here has one and an opinion about them :+1:. Be nice if you have an xmaxx also…haha

Our collection so far: (not including my vintage stuff)

8s xmaxx
2 6s outcasts
6s Typhon
2 3s typhons
6s Mojave
3s bandit

4 Likes

For those curious…

3 Likes

i looked lol

2 Likes

Hahaha brother :grin:. What a hobby huh?..lol

1 Like

Never experienced the outcast 8. But, I use to have a UDR 1/5 scale and that thing was a blast. I got out of rc cars and trucks because i was spending an ungodly amount of money. I had 2000 dollars in my rock crawler.

2 Likes

Oh geez, I used to race touring RC cars locally like 20yrs ago. Always wanted to get a truck and now that I have a son will def be getting one for us to play with in the next couple years.

Sorry I couldn’t be of any help but thanks for bring up some old memories for me. Those were some fun Friday and Saturday nights.

2 Likes

I bought the truck locally, but could not bring myself to pay what they wanted for the battery set up for it. So I ordered 4 of these for her, and of course 2 for my xmaxx, and got her this nice 25amp!!! Dual charger set up.

1 Like

@Grohio I understand that brother. I am just at the point I realize anything we do is expensive. Atleast this is family, and we have our own race tracks at the house here. And we just decided this is our family time, and our family hobby. We had a huge long discussion about the money aspect of it, but decided it was well worth it. And honestly, it has been all these years, and still is. :slight_smile:
It does detract me from working on our house though at times…hahaha

4 Likes
2 Likes

I wasnt passing judgement. Its a great hobby. I had too much money wrapped up into shelf queen rock crawlers. I got way too much into trying to make them as realistic as possible. Then, I was afraid to tear them up. Lol.

3 Likes

Haha brother, at no time did I ever think you where judging :+1: all good

2 Likes

I loved playing with very small scale (but pretty well built) rc cars when I was in middle school and high school. Also had a older mid 80’s tyco brand lamborghini countach, which was apparently pretty high end when it was new. That thing actually kicked ass, for what it was.

I have pretty sweet team losi mini t around here somewhere. Think I got it around 2005 or so. Unfortunately it shredded its little gearbox after a couple years of light use. That was about 8 years ago, hopefully I’ll get around to fixing it some day, and hopefully they still make the replacement parts.

1 Like

I must be getting old…it took all I had to lift this thing up and climb a ladder to the storage loft :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

@zephyr they still.make parts for that :+1:

1 Like

Going to be an rc Christmas around here… :+1:

3 Likes