Dividing your grow tent

Ideal solution for space constrained growers? Waste of time and energy?

Best ways to do it, or experiments that didnt turn out well?

Would love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

2 Likes

I actually got the tent i have because it had a divider but size constraints made it not worthwhile.

3 Likes

Probably the best way would be using the same material they make the tents from. I haven’t been able to find it in Canada in small amounts (or cheap)… I’d love to use it for doors on my boxes.

Black/white plastic would be cheap, easy and lightproof but will be pretty flimsy and would probably need some reinforcing structure. Then a light baffle or some kind of snakey duct between the two if you wanted to run them off one fan.

2 Likes

I have one of the 3x2 tents with a divider to make it 2x2 and 1x2… its handy but a pain in the dick… tge way the set it up will 100% give you light leaks. I ended up using the shelf for the small side as the ceiling in the small side so that my fan can be in the flowering chamber yet out of the way above the veg chamber

2 Likes

4 Likes

Do you still have light leaks like this?

Have they ever caused you any problems?

1 Like

I’m always checking and duct taping… it’s a pain in the ass… I think when my tents cleared out I’m going to either open it back up 1 stage only or re engineer my devider using less saggy material.

If I could do it again… I’d probably find the extra foot to squeeze in two 2x2s instead… flower tent with a filter and fan, veg tent with just enough for circulation… the 1x2 side is barely big enough for a few clones to live

2 Likes

If you need more pics of what I’ve done let me know… I’ll get u pics during lights on

1 Like

Yea more pictures are always appreciated!
I’m thinking of doing the same thing, only in a 4x3 tent. So I’d likely split off a 1x3 veg section.

Thinking I’ll make a frame, and separating like you did with a ceiling that doubles as a light trap.

I’m sharing ventilation between both sides… that was another reason I split it how I did… again… pain in the dick… I’ll try to remember to get some pics tommorow evening

In one of my 4’ x 4’ x 7’.6" tents, I use this one for a veg tent. I needed some more space, for small plants, either for cuts2clones, or for when cracking beans open, and their first few weeks of life or rooting, so I added a second floor.
It’s kind of silly simple, but it works like a dream.
Simple 1/2" PVC, I had laying around, some threaded hooks, and few PVC fittings. It just hangs off the tents internal framework. A piece of hard backed foam insulation made a deck.
Three single sticks of T-5’s for light, so I can control the light a bit anyway.
march 3 2017 001
march 3 2017 002
march 3 2017 005
march 3 2017 006
march 3 2017 010

4 Likes

@2K19Starter this is my set up… @webeblzr is way cleaner looking lol. I did mine as a “good for now will fix later” … one day I will use wood or plexi for a false wall.

Fan in flower chamber, typically the devider would go straight up instead of creating a pocket for my fan and filter

Veg side. I taped the divider to the walls and supported it with a protein powder container lol the shelf is used as a light hanger/cord holder.
I used a piece of ducting light proofed and passed it into the fan filter pocket in Hope’s thst being close to the filter would cause some air circulation. I’ve also got a CPU fan dangling as a circulating fan.

3 Likes

Hey Grease_ Monkey, your set up is just fine…whatever works for us, works for us.
Best to you and your grow!!

1 Like

I’m pretty space constrained where I am. I dicked around with using cabinets and other discrete pieces of furniture but not having space to move and manipulate things was really annoying. My current plans are to retrofit my master closet into a grow room by building a few frames and using a heavy lightproof material to wrap the frame. Then run some simple 5G DWC buckets on casters.

I still have some airflow issues to work out but I’m of the opinion that if you’re space constrained, pick the biggest space you can reserve and retrofit the entire thing into a grow space. Tents or containers are just going to artificially constrain your space even more.

1 Like

I have this really big grow tent I pay a mortgage on. So I used panda film you build my own grow room in my basement. Its what we did prior to grow tents. Grow tents are awesome , you cant get 100Ft x10ft of panda film for 90$ shipped though. You can build allot with that. I have no light leaks with panda film 2x4s duct tape and staple gun.
Tip to new builders use small cut up cardboard squares sandwiched in between the staple and the the plastic . If not the tarp will pull through the staple.

4 Likes

@Hugh_Glass , very nice tip , must remember that : )

I found a tent that stacks on top on each other
Main tent is 40 in x 40 in x 60 hi. The top tent is 40x40 x 30
Small tent for seedling and small plant veg and clones
Large tent. Veg / flower

Works in a small space

1 Like

Sounds sweet. Do you have a picture? Is it connected at all?

1 Like

Ide like to see too.

1 Like

@Hugh_Glass @2K19Starter
Hi there
I got the tent on HTG supply

I don’t have great pics check out my thread to get an idea
Recently had a fire in my garage where the tent room is too many people around so I had to tear everything down but will set back up in 2 months
It sucks being in an illegal state

They sit on top of each other not connected
The newer ones the dimensions are a bit diff

I’ve had it 6 years now

3 Likes