Thrips in the garden

Hey guys and gals just wondering what everyone is using to control thrips or white flys? I’m using safers 3 in 1. Also I know it’s from my fresh air pulling in hot humid outdoor air. Anything you can put in the duct etc to help filter out these critters

4 Likes

I put a panty hose over the intake.

2 Likes

2 quarts water
1/4 cup tea tree castile soap
1/4 cup peppermint castile soap
1 tablespoon 3% peroxide
1 cup 70% isopropyl alcohol

11 Likes

Spinosad from what I’ve seen control them the best, I have them in some of my tents right now, nothing critical, but just to be sure I applied some spinosad, everything looks much better after 6 days already, I’m planning on spraying them 1 more time at least.

6 Likes

YMMV but the thrips and spider mites I’ve had here have laughed off Spinosad treatments and I was spraying every other day.

The soap mix is what worked for me. Stuff kills on contact within 30 seconds. Could kill horseflies with it, but it won’t hurt the plants as long as it’s sprayed at lights off. A little bit of citric acid also wouldn’t hurt.

2 Likes

Also do yall use a paint sprayer or just a normal garden sprayer?

1 Like

two applications of spinosad should do the trick… thrips are the easiest to control from what i have experinced…

3 Likes

i use panty hose as well and i use one of the dollar store small ish sprayers i use @JohnnyPotseed one and done i have the dry stuff here need some ever clear is all check out the link if you like i will split the dry stuff with you if you get some ever clear not sure if you are still working here or not

2 Likes

Here’s the link:

I use this too.
:wink:

4 Likes