Times are Tuff. Bag Seed Grow

What are your leaf surface temperatures?

1 Like

Temps are 76 degrees F. My PPMs was around 1100. I dont think I should go higher then that. My tap water is 174 PPMs. When I use full suggested strength in the General Hydroponic Flora the PPMs are over 2000. Is there plants that like it that high? My DWC is fine but thats a whole different unknown strain. The one in soil is supposed to be a Runtz or Peanut Butter Breath. I dont think thereā€™s a Peanut Butter Breath Runtz. I dont know who the father is. I really dislike not knowing what genetics Iā€™m working with.

2 Likes

If thats the air temps, the leaf temps are probably 5Ā°F lower than that with LEDs, try getting the air temp closer to 81-84Ā°F so the plant can transpire easier.

3 Likes

Yeah. I have been a little concerned about that. Iā€™ve gotta try to see if I canā€™t find something around the house. I have my lights coming on around 2am so it stays warm. My humidity is low. Im not working right now cause of covid and covid is making find work difficult. With this grow I should be able to get things I need. A humidifier (its only 37% humidity) and something to help heat my tent.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with bagseeds. Frankly they are just as likely to be good as any expensive feminized seed.

Try it normal strength as per the directions and if it doesnā€™t help, you know that isnā€™t the issue. 174 ppm is nothing Iā€™m almost at 400. Whatever you were doing isnā€™t working, try something else, best place to start is the directions. Forget about measurements and see what the plants are telling you.

Excess fertilizer looks more like burnt tips and edges than the chlorosis youā€™re seeing in your plants. I may be wrong, but they look hungry to my eye, and the fact that youā€™re using half strength in early flowers supports that theory, assuming everything else (pH, temps, etc) is in order.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll give it a shot. Ill let her dry up a little then ill give her full nutes. Ill post the response. Bag seeds are fine I just like to research the strain Iā€™m growing to use it as reference. I guess Iā€™m a little bit of a control freak, lol. I like to know whats going on. Why its doing what its doing, and so on.

I do the same thing, wanna collect every scrap of info I can about every detail, but Iā€™m always a little surprised each time in some way. That, and people keep poor records haha. Sometimes all you get is a blurry photo of a plant at 6 weeks and the description ā€œit was good straight gas lolā€.

Looking at the plants and the facts objectively, I think thatā€™s most likely your issue, but if it isnā€™t, one less thing to troubleshoot.

1 Like

Thanks man. If I wasnā€™t ever surprised this would be a boring hobby. I enjoy the challenge. And even more I enjoy being able to share and get info from folks like yourself on OG. :blush: I will keep this updated. Iā€™ll give her a little more nutes in a few days.

1 Like

Looks to me like nutrient lock out. But Iā€™m a novice. Just looks familiar with my first couple grows where this ended up being the issue. First time was from overwatering, and second time was from salts build up. Good luck!

1 Like

My ph levels are ok when I water. I really should check my run off though. I was discussing with @vernal that he thought that I wasnā€™t using enough nutrients. Her sister did the same thing. They eventually worked it self out. I will keep lock out as a possibility and post on here what Iā€™m doing for future reference. Thanks @trainwreck420

1 Like

Today I added 5 ml of cal mag to see if that makes a difference first.

If I donā€™t see a difference then I will add more nitrogen nutes.

Found in my cityā€¦All cops Are Bastards

Just gose to show how much of a police presence in some parts of Baltimore. They just park cars and hope that stops crime.

4 Likes

My tap is 8.o-8.4 ph and 340 ppm.

1 Like

Whats the highest PPMs you go when you feed your plants?

Iā€™m in soil. My oldest plants are just over 2 weeks old. 300-400 ppm.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that man things will always get better hey on the bright side you have a garden with some nice weed plants :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m right there with ya, but at least high pH water doesnā€™t leach lead like those poor bastards in Flint.

@LilJonB As far as ACAB goes, I could crack a case of Natty Boh, order a pit beef with extra horseradish like Wee-Bey, and watch people vandalize cop cars in Bawlmore all goddamn day.

3 Likes

Natty Bohā€¦ it is like watered-down beer but it was my go to for a very long time :woozy_face:. When I found this on my Home Town reddit section it was like a cup of coffee in the morning. I dont like that I feel this way towards the police. They have just done some cruddy stuff that I have seen personally. My little brother got a heroin charge cause of some dirty cop. The dope was found on a buddy of mine. They pulled my brother out of my car but in the report it says that my brother was driving his car. My brother didnā€™t even have a license. But they didnā€™t charge him with driving without. I was let go but they impounded my car and stole my IPod and my GPS. He only received a shit load of community service. Iā€™m sure everyone has cooked police stories in places other then Baltimore. Its sad some people just donā€™t feel around the police even if you are on the straight and narrow.

4 Likes

Ah jeez they got one bag of dope in the city of Baltimore? Donā€™t you feel safer lol?

People think because I donā€™t like cops I want anarchy, I just want cops to spend time doing things that actually benefit people and stop doing shady shit, lying, and ruining peopleā€™s lives over nothing. I had money stolen from me by cops, bullshit charges tacked on for no reason, and generally treated like a piece of shit by the boys in blue. Iā€™ve been illegally searched and arrested for possession literally just walking down the street to a friendā€™s house. Iā€™ve been misidentified as someone else and arrested WHILE AT WORK when 2 minutes of police work would have realized that I didnā€™t even match the description. I donā€™t like walking around at night anymore lol.

Sucks being poor, young, and looking a certain way. Iā€™m complaining but of course itā€™s 5x worse if youā€™re not white. People ask me ā€œwell did you disrespect the copā€ and Iā€™m like yeah but they were openly harassing me and last time I checked it isnā€™t illegal to call a cop names. They shouldnā€™t be able to ruin your life over some ā€œdisrespectfulā€ words. Just cause some shit gets tossed out of court day 1 doesnā€™t give me my lawyer fees and time back. And they think that shit is funny.

Sorry rant over I just really hate the cops.

6 Likes

Your absolutely right. There really good at wasting your time and money. You can end up losing everything that you worked for cause someone is having a bad day. Its just not right.

4 Likes