Times are Tuff. Bag Seed Grow

I had thought so. It personally hasn’t happened to me. Not that I could tell anyway.

Thank @monkeyman. The one in DWC wasn’t from a bag seed. The seed was from a buddy that was growing. I dont know the lineage and neither dose he. I have a bunch of those seeds. Its soo stocky that its a pain to defoliate. The nodes are so compact its tuff to get in there. This would be perfect for a micro grow.
Bamberg. Is that by Towson? Blumburg? I’m glad you like it here. Its definitely got a little bit of everything.

Bumberg was something I heard the locals call B’more. I think it was from a John Waters film, though I am sure he got it from somewhere. Gotta love a town where all the waitresses call you Hon

1 Like

Oh gotcha. There was this lady here that was trying to trade Mark Hon. Smh. It was denied of course. I think she owned the Hon dinner or restaurant. John Waters is cool guy for representing Baltimore. He could have taken his talents out of the city like so many talented people that came from here. His book store Atomic books has a bar in it. Pretty cool.

1 Like

I’ve got praying leaves. Dose that mean she wants more light? Should I drop that light a bit?

3 Likes

The leaves are green and healthy, and it is growing nicely. If praying leaves appear on a healthy, fast-growing plant, that means you probably found the perfect amount of light intensity. Pointed up leaves can occasionally be triggered by things such as high heat, low humidity levels, and root problems, but as long as leaves are staying green, there’s nothing to worry about. Great job.

4 Likes

Thanks @monkeyman. The roots are not nothing to brag about. They could be larger for the size plant it is. I’m going straight into DWC from now on. I was rinsing the soil off my roots and transferring them to DWC right before flower. Dont as why. Mostly because its because I don’t have any rockwool cubes. What are the best ones to buy anyway? The rockwool? Just to establish roots for seeds? But that whole transferring process knocked about of a weeks worth of growth.

Any who. I just water plant #1 in soil. The Epsom salt my brother’s girl had was sented. So thats not an option till I get some cash. So I just used a dose of General Hydroponic micro cause it was the one that had the highest nitrogen ratio. Ph was 7.60 going in. Run off was 6.80. Is the run off always lower? It seems to be the case for me.

1 Like

Another quick question. I have this little one. I was working on starting seeds in DWC and everything is on 12/12. Should I use mild veg nute ratio or mild flower nute ratio. Since its on 12/12?

Taco leaves. I understand that the cause can be:
•Heat. My temp stays consistently around 70-80 max.
•Ph lock out. My Ph yesterday going in was 7.60 and my run off was 6.80.
•Cal-Mag. I’ve been adding it 5ml now for the past two times I’ve watered. Could it be to much?

Should I flush?

3 Likes

Heat mainly…
Water would be reverse to what you see now

3 Likes

I gave her gave her a gallon of water. She’s getting worse. Brought the light up 6 more inches. Right now temp at 80f and rh 45. I guess I need to let her dry out.

I feel like something is wrong with the soil.

I would vote for pH. Your pH going in should be closer to 6.0 for soil. 7.6 is pretty high. Are you using tap water?

What soil are you using? Did you make it yourself? Did you add dolomite lime?

2 Likes

Its was fox farm ocean forest from my out door grow last summer. I’ve just been using General Hydroponics and cal-mag as nutes. I didn’t have money for this grow. This grow is really to get money for supplies for my next grow. Been out of work for 3 months. Covid :pensive:

Try dropping your pH to 5.8-6.0 and see if they improve.

3 Likes

Thanks. I gotta wait a few days. She’s all watered up at the moment. Just hope it don’t get to bad within the next few days.

1 Like

Thats the thing we got a whole new new batch of people coming on to the scene that don’t know better.
Not their fault but then they want to make beans cuz why- “everybody else is making beans”.
But they don’t know the first thing then down the road they go to friends who “heh I want to make beans too” of more than likely shit genetics. Cuz why they don’t know better.
That God knows whos gonna do what with any of these?

Aint like the old days with limited breeders limited genetics and everything across your plate was the pinnacle of the plantdom.

5 Likes

I’ve had more problems with this plant then any other. This one and its sister has been wonky from the get go. I only knew what kind of weed those seeds came out of. I dont know who the father was.
I was just working with what I had on hand.
I wish I had the time and space to make some seeds. If I was I would most likely only do an inbreed. It would take to much time to for me to stabilize two different genetics. But I don’t blame people for trying to make seeds if you want em for later. But if there passing them off as something there not thats just taboo IMO.

I actually just popped 3 bag seed of some supposed (gruntz powder by runt) Have no idea if its real as it was from black market and gifted to me… nor do I have any idea about runt/ gruntz… having said y hat the weed did taste god smiled really good looked eh buzz ehhhhh… but whats to lose3 shit bag seed.trying to get up to date on your thread. Looks like I’m about 90 post behind. I agree with @OleReynard most people are trying to polish turds and sell as shiny shit but its still shit at the end of the day…

2 Likes

@OleReynard I can’t agree more. I definitely have not been around long enough to grow them but have been lucky enough to smoke a few and man the strains now are so muddied up that nothing is unique in is own anymore. I am pretty new here but I love seeing you all doing the preservation runs to keep thes great old genetics as pure as possible. Hopefully one day I have the space and time to help and contribute back to this great community. Thats my rant lol sorry for cluttering your thread.

3 Likes

If looking for cheap nuts i would suggest urban farmer Texas veg feed for veg then I use jacks 10 30 20 and 5 12 26. Vury concentrated and cheap.=bang for buck Jacks all purpose is good for veg or moms as well I believe it is 20 20 20 could be wrong about the ratio of that

3 Likes