Tiny black tar like bubbles on the underside of leaves

Nope, but this can bring some light and maggots … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Look for tiny black fruiting bodies on there. I was thinking septoria.

3 Likes

I’m guessing @Upstate was correct and i probably have russet mites. From the pictures i’ve seen, it sure looks like it. I’m guessing the tiny black tar like bubbles are probably their excrement. @George might be correct that maybe it’s infected with fungus. Both are plausible. I ordered some micronized sulfur from Amazon and it should arrive on Monday. Hopefully it will take care of all of the problems without screwing up the Mulanje sex reversal.
I greatly appreciate everyones help.

6 Likes

One of the causes of black spots on your plants is the sugary residue left behind by aphids. Growers are reporting major fungus and pest issues this year and I highly suggest poking holes in the soil to prevent root root which leads to Bud rot, I’m positive all outdoors have been overwatered to keep them alive, I had constant temperatures over 100, 106 to 102 was average heat in June, July and half of August. It’s going to be 95 today.

My friend was just showing me rusty veins on his leaves in Thailand. This year has not been good on any plants, even the corn plants looks shorter this year.

My tomato plants are not even red tomatoes yet, odd year, if you look at all plants outside, you can see leaf damage everywhere. Hopefully next year is better outside. :dove:

1 Like

If it doesn’t fry the stigmas then Sulfur probably is safe for seed mamas. My double doused seed mama test looks great. I did it in week 3 of seeding and she looks unfazed 10days later.

3 Likes

I kind of recall the same thing but I was pretty high lol… Memories a little foggy on the subject… I’m glad yours isn’t. So then the only downside to using sulfur is that the flowers become I’m unsmokable. You could still use the flowers in creams and salves and such. You’d have to ask @JoeCrowe if Concentrates are OK. Thanks for stopping in Joe. Your expertise on the subject is appreciated.

3 Likes

I don’t recall any excrement on the leaves at all. Just the little russet might b******* and their small eggs. I think those black spots are a separate issue. Still thinking fungus, Possibly from their little turds… I was in a really dry climate so maybe there wasn’t enough moisture for their turds to Sprout fungus?
@GregOG If I was living in that kind of heat I would be jumping for joy that Balochistan genetics are available online. Not only do they handle the heat, but they love it… Growing in the Southwest of Pakistan in one of the driest deserts on Earth, these plants are actually rain fed and still perform. And they get big. Sativa and indica phenotypes.

This is from Ace Seeds website. They stock Indian Landrace Exchange seeds. If you don’t mind waiting awhile you can contact @fullpowerselections on IG and deal directly with them for a bit more than half price.
Anyone that knows me here knows that I am a Landrace fiend. Let me tell you that I would be all over these if I didn’t live in a wet climate. In my opinion this is a stronger gene pool than even the Afghani gene pool for Indica type plants. The growers of these fantastic strains and likely the lineages of the strains themselves have roots in the area hundreds and hundreds of years old. There are stories from ancient times that speak of wonderful scents coming over the walls of private gardens of cannabis that were kept for royalty. These same families are the cultivators in the area today and although they have lost some breeding knowledge and some genetics over the years, They know that selecting potent plants and using seeds from these will give offspring that are potent. Originally the people that live in this area now came from North of Tehran above the coast of the Caspian sea in the Zagros Mountains. This region has an elusive and famous cultivar named one puff, a Caspian Sativa with strong effects. It is my belief that when the people migrated from this region Into Southwest Pakistan years ago they brought their genetics with them.

4 Likes

never spray in bloom :slight_smile: It’ll get in your concentrates.

4 Likes

Thanks. Wasn’t sure about that. Luckily the plants in question are only For seed

2 Likes

Luckily, thus far, the russet problem is restricted to my indoor growing and specifically to my flower closet that i use for making seeds. I typically grow and flower in very small containers, although i just up potted the Mulanje and the Oaxaca in the closet to larger containers so that i could make more seeds than i normally do so that i would have femmed seeds to share.

I’m sure there are russet mites outdoors as well, as i also have aphids, spider mites, caterpillars and grasshoppers. But the indoor environment lacks predators and is much more hospitable for them to flourish. I’ll spray the indoor plants with Safer soap/citric acid this evening and hit them again with sulfur tomorrow evening and repeat weekly until the run is finished. Hopefully that will keep them in check until i finish. I don’t typically consume my indoor flowers, so that’s not an issue.

3 Likes

That sure is a funky looking leaf in your first pics. Is that cannabis? Hope you get them under control!

2 Likes

@GMan Yep, it a revegging clone of my Oaxaca. It’s from the plant in the top left in the photo

4 Likes

The best way to start plants is in a 15 gallon container with 5 inches of soil.
I’d plant each plant in those now. They are root bound.

Here is an example with 4 inches of soil in a big container too. Anything smaller and the seedling won’t reach its potential. It was past transplant time with it, but it was a busy year and I didn’t get a lot of the plants transplanted on schedule. The bigger containers allow for more time of growth in the first stage. There was no root bound when I pulled it up.

I had aphids in August, I sprayed hard daily. Then the ladybugs started laying eggs in that wet environment and took over for me. They are not a problem now. I was praying for predator bugs to help me out, and they did lol

I’ve never used pesticides of fungicidal sprays. At most for example, I’ll use straight hydrogen peroxide 3% then rinse off every 3 days till spider mites are gone. That’s indoors too. I’ve never had a pest problem outdoors till this year. Ants were the first to invade. Then aphids this year outdoors. Luckily I won.

I spray my plants hard all veg growth, the reason I got the ants is I got sick and in no time the ants moved in from me not spraying while I was recovering.

Everyone seed I grow does this from placing 5 to 7 day old seedlings in big containers right away.

Then it’s easy to pull up for transplant. Or even lift and throw more soil underneath. I don’t do it to all seeds because I don’t have enough big containers. I’ll get some more soon.

I’ve got pics of the root ball after it’s pulled out with one hand. Then I have zero root bound from this technique.
A simple test will prove how effective this method is for starting seeds.
Use your way, then test mine side by side. :dove:

The soil is cheap pro mix , plant food was Back to the Roots all purpose.
I’m testing thier products this year. :seedling:

2 Likes

@GregOG I truly appreciate your advice. Unfortunately, i simply don’t have the space capacity to do large grows indoors, nor do i have the financial wherewithal to invest in appropriate lighting and the other necessities. My indoor grows are strictly for producing small amounts of seeds, usually beginning in 6ounce styrofoam cups, advancing to 16 ounce solo cups or 22 ounce McD’s cups.

That being said, I am extremely blessed with the ability to legally grow outdoors and am also blessed with an amazing climate that allows me to take many plants to their full potential. My outdoor environment allows me to produce more cannabis than i and my lucky neighbors can consume in a year. Check out some of my pics from Central American, Haze and Landrace threads.

6 Likes

Don’t forget to burn any of your pot scraps and solarize your soil with the sun and a black trash bag or in the oven if you reuse your soil. Also I would start a thread or ask some questions about Russet mites because there’s lots of people that know way more about them than I do. I don’t know what you have to do to ensure they don’t return

4 Likes

@Upstate There’s a thread here on Russet Mites that was started by @Subcool (RIP). He strongly recommended spraying with sulfur, so i’m going to try that. I received four pounds via Amazon, so i should be good for a few weeks. :rofl:

Yo, if anybody needs a deal on some sulfur…lol

4 Likes

You can grow acid plants outside with a bag of sulfur like that. Cranberries or blueberries or even hydrangeas.

1 Like

Do not wash your buckets with soap and water you got to take the dirt out and put it in the pile somewhere and let the wind the Earth take care of the dirt you need new dirt you got to rotate that way clean your buckets

1 Like