TK BX3 seeds (closed)

Seems like breeding with anything that came out of these packs would be the beginning of a long project at best, and a mistake at worst. Would love to see the project carried on with the CSI beans, the TK S1s get glowing reviews, but ya know…that’s asking for a lot more time and effort from @PetalPowerseed and @Oldtimerunderground who have already done a lot.

3 Likes

The CSI TK S1s are feminized how would you go about doing a seed run with them? I have said pack and would be willing to try a run myself if its doable.

2 Likes

They would have to be reversed with STS or CS

Edit: since they’re already S1s, depending on how the group feels it might also be preferable to cross them to another unrelated plant, and since the CSI beans all have the TK S1 in their lineage…

3 Likes

That in turn would create more feminized seeds would it not? Is it possible to end up with male seeds some how without introducing new genetics?

2 Likes

I am no breeder but to me with so many hermies out of both packs of seeds if feels like we are working with garbage. Even if pulled off I feel it is my responsibility as a grower to try to get rid of shitty genetics and reproduce good one’s. I would not really want to try to keep those genetics alive and send them out into the world. Again though, just my opinion. All here have an equal voice.

6 Likes

@Neb yup…it would require an outcross…sadly most of the results that come up when searching triangle kush backcross are from…you guessed it…seed junky

2 Likes

Im not opposed to crossing with something else if others would like that. I have a decent selection of seeds now if this run doesnt work out and their is interest I can probably find something to cross it with.

Ive been wanting to start a seed run anyways just trying to find something the community wants

3 Likes

Maybe like Bodhi Black Triangle or something? But I’m sure people have some more creative ideas.

When you really think about it, the point of this project (at least IMO) was to get a triangle kush, maybe even one that’s dominant in crosses, in seed form. The S1s give you some kind of recombination of the genes from the parent lines of the TK plant I think. Getting any more stable of a representation of the TK in seed form would require working the line I think, which was the whole point of using the BX3. I’m not a breeder, so take all this with a grain of salt.

Even so, the group could just make a cross with a similar-ish plant (maybe like the SFV or whatever other OG/kush the group decides) and end up with a seed lot that produces some gems, even if they’re not triangle.

Edits: for clarity

5 Likes

Actually now that im thinking about it :face_with_monocle: I also have a pack of Perfect Triangle from Jungle Boys(Perfect OG x TK Bx1) that are regs. I could work with those if its a good idea!

Another option if @Oldtimerunderground is open to it you live close enough to me that I could get some clones to you.

9 Likes

anything helps. @Oldtimerunderground wants to work his own stuff so its all me now. He has given like 4 months of his time so he is great in my book. I say make f2s and share!

10 Likes

I’ve got an empty room right now just begging for some plants haha. It will be my 1st time trying to make some seeds so I’m not guaranteeing anything but ill do my best to cross CSI’s Triangle Kush S1’s with Jungle Boys Perfect Triangle(Perfect OG x TK Bx1) and get some seeds out to the people on the original lists + more if it works out!

12 Likes

I’d say do that @Neb! Making seeds is so fun! But yeah, keep that junk dna outta here.

Sorry about the loss. Those definitely weren’t the cheapest seeds. :wastebasket::dna:

6 Likes

Thank you @PetalPowerseed for pulling the plug, and a heartfelt thank you to everyone for understanding. It’s never easy, making a decision like this. Sorry it took so long to reply, I’ve been a bit busy today. I’m glad I waited though, so I could show you all something that I had a gut feeling was going to happen, sooner or later

A bit hard to see, so I bent it back
20210830_213107 20210830_213338

It is now confirmed, 100% Herm rate. I didn’t even need the scope this time :joy:

Even if there was one plant left that stayed female, I wouldn’t have been able to release the seeds, or even go through with making them for that matter. It goes against everything I believe in. I put love, care, my heart, and my soul into every bean that comes out of my garden. The last thing I would ever want, is to send out seeds knowing they came from a pack that hermed like this.

I’m just as disappointed as everyone here. I had only the highest hopes for these, but in the end, the fault lies with the breeder who released them.

It’s clear now, these seeds were doomed before Petal and I even popped the first one.

I hope this experience doesn’t leave anyone with negative feelings after what happened. At first, I was upset. Really upset. It took a ton of willpower to keep my composure and not go off on here. Now, I see that this was necessary to expose first-hand some of the corruption and greed happening in the seed industry.

I’m actually glad that I was the one to go through this and get to the bottom of it. Now we all know.

@PetalPowerseed you will always have my respect and you are rock solid in my book. If there is anything you ever need, I’m a PM away :slightly_smiling_face:

23 Likes

And then, there were none…

17 Likes

I have plenty of negative feelings bud but not for you or @PetalPowerseed . Scum sucking dirt bags not only release garbage genetics like this but charge a fortune for it. Now it has wasted 2 growers time for 3 months and multiple people’s money. That pisses me off to no end. But I have nothing bad to say about either grower, I am even grateful for both of you doing your best to make this work. I personally want nothing to do with these trash genetics. Time to move on to bigger and better things. Really appreciate you @Oldtimerunderground and @PetalPowerseed , thanks for putting in the work. This is not on you two so don’t let it get you down. I stand with you both satisfied all that could be done was done. Thanks for trying.

13 Likes

Thanks @DougDawson, I feel the same way. Shit like this should never happen. You’re absolutely right, time to move on to bigger and better things. I won’t ever let something like this, or anything, get me down.

8 Likes

Good on you brother. Some shit is out of our control, we just shake it off, learn what we can and move on. Got tons of respect for both of you.

5 Likes

Man I am sorry this happened to both of you @Oldtimerunderground and @PetalPowerseed .

@Oldtimerunderground maybe you can pop some of the seed i sent you and help either me or @Chronickyle out on our presentation, if that interests you guys. Idkif its allowed by the rules or not tho.
@PetalPowerseed i can send you some seed as well just to help ease the blow a bit . I know its not the same genetics or anything .

2 Likes

I know everyone is disappointed in how these genetics turned out. But I’d like to extend a HUGE thank you to @PetalPowerseed & @Oldtimerunderground for putting in your time and effort on this project. I know it was a tough call for the both of you but you both made the right decision. Mad love !!

9 Likes

I’ll make a new thread tomorrow but I’m getting things rolling sooner than later! It won’t be a “pure” Tk but it should turn out pretty close.

Hopefully the jungle boys pack has a male or 2 for me!

20 Likes