TK x TK x Iraqi Ranya F2 project

I’ll try and pluck balls and get her through flower but if it gets out of hand I’ll just remove her and maybe try running the clone later. Still going to f2 everything as planned

1 Like

Throwing down some good pollen now. I have applied some to the 3 females a few days ago and pistils are starting to brown and recede. Had a power outage so hopefully that didn’t fuck anything up. They’re all starting to get really hungry in their 2 gals and buildabloom waterings were absolutely useless. So going to have to start up some GH 3 part for the rest of flower. Not too concerned since I mostly just wanted to make more seeds.

I’ll probably do one more round of pollination just to make sure I get a decent amount of beans.

7 Likes

So far two of the plants have a nice lemon pledge / hardwood floor cleaner smell to them. Sturdy branches that don’t need any support (yet)

Here are the 3 clones side by side:

And the tall girl:

One of the short ones has the lemon pledge smell on the bushier frame and the other shorter one hasn’t presented much smell other than generic weed smell.

Looks like the pollination took, so at least a few seeds will come of this.

Hoping the generic weed smell pheno surprises me later because I’m assuming that’s the ‘Iraqi leaner’.

7 Likes

The nose knows! Looks like some nice big heads on those buds, and dare I say maybe even a multi glandular mutant? Left side of leftmost bract, one trich looks double headed, though it’s hard to say without a scope could just be an optical illusion.

1 Like

Week 6.5ish
This project has shown me that I want to grow more OG type plants now… lol the “Iraqi leaner” still has no smell really.

She’s got a nice savory funk smell with that floor cleaner lemon smell going on. Seems to get more layered as time goes on but of course can’t say until dried and jarred… love the bud structure on the lower nodes, just thick spade shaped nuggets…

13 Likes

Cool man love the look of those flowers nice lime green appearance

4 Likes

Saw you in another thread and “remembered I forgot” to respond to this, but I would call that a good sign, her heads could be dank with pine under crystalized granular domes. How’s the frost on her at this point? Does she “feel” different than her sisters? Can you tell (under loupe, zoom etc) if her heads are big’ns? sorry that’s a lotta qs, I like your plants.

3 Likes

Haha thanks for the interest! Basically all three plants look to have OG-ish type bud structures with different smell profiles and growth habits. not really frost monsters like modern stuff, but still look pretty good. I will try and get some pictures here in a few minutes of each one.

3 Likes

Ok so “TK leaner” - more funk/Dankness piney type smells. This one has changed a lot since smells first started developing.

o

“Iraqi leaner” (although I don’t think there’s really much Iraqi really showing in the buds at this point)… smell is like a slightly sweet musky sort of mild cologne or something.

“Sweet lemons” pheno - she has had a much more lemon forward smell all through flower.

12 Likes

Thanks for the update! Bud structure looks really great on all 3 of them, wintry pythagorean calyx stacks! That shot of the lowers on the TK leaner yessssss that would 100% be the first nug of the tent I’d sample haha. Shorty could surprise still I think you might be underselling her resin a bit, good coverage on the buds and short stalks, if our heads hopefully swell a bit for us here as she finishes she’s gonna look very frosty. And she looks to have the highest calyx-to-leaf. Still loving her haha.

Oh one other note I wanted to mention with those huge flowers, the IT really preferred dry air for me, which isn’t always in our control ofc just mentioning cuz I’d hate to see moisture take hold in those big beautiful buds. Going a lil overkill on fan air circulation could be prudent for the finish if you’re not already.

Game on!!

3 Likes

These look great. Thank you for doing this. I remember Bodhi saying DLA #6 (iraqi x 88g13hp) was his favorite alongside the DLA #5 artifact line out of all the deep line alchemy’s.

8 Likes

That pack is very high on my looking for list haha but yeah I hope there’s a decent amount of seeds. Looks like about 2-4 buds per plant are gunna be fully loaded but who knows.

5 Likes

Of course!

Yes I have a dehumidifier, keeping it around 50-60% right now. It’s a balance of trying to keep the room cool but also lower the RH.

And yep, that’s the one I think is likely the keeper. I already got rid of the other two clones due to resource constraints but I figure if they’re that great I will have some f2’s to pop from the respective mom plant.

3 Likes

Dimmed down the lights to try and get some better pics. Looks like it might be starting to develop some foxtailing. Week 7.5… I’m assuming it’s a 10 weeker but would be cool if it finishes at 9… haha

17 Likes

Oh yeah she’s getting cloudy, absolutely caked too! Already checking a whole lotta boxes that one, if she’s done in 9w on top of that cmonnnnn. Did you flower her from seed or was that a cutting? If that’s seed she may be even faster next time and hopefully won’t have her bi-curious phase (or was that the lemon pheno?). Could always stagger your harvest a bit to get an idea of her window and how 60 vs 70 vs 75 affects her aroma taste and high.

Btw if I lived there, one of these days that lower on the right would be missing, and when you asked me if I snipped it I’d look down and mumble “no” and a big plume of smoke would come out of my mouth.

5 Likes

These are all the seed plants, I did take cuts but only kept that “TK leaner” as I call it. I have a feeling I’ll be popping a fair amount of these f2’s though, unless the effects just don’t jive with me… I can’t really smoke anything that will keep me awake at night so kinda narrows down what I keep quite a bit.

And actually I think I plucked some early nanners off all 3 plants, and haven’t seen one since.

3 Likes

Right on, why is popping beans so fun, we still don’t know what the short king has in store! I can say for effect my circle and particularly the matriarchal line of my family found the IT unparalleled functional daytime meds. Not at all narcotic but not racy and stimulating either, chill happy focused mind and relaxed body, sunshine in your stomach kinda stuff.

2 Likes

buds do look great

3 Likes

Day 65

9 Likes