Toastyjakes's Bud Hole Pt: 3 - Grow with Me!

So typically I’m into mush growing and I’m pretty proficient there but since last year when a bag seed experiment outside yielded amazing results Ive decided to bring my venture in the house for the winter…

Keep in mind I’m new and have/had a limited budget and wasn’t trying to get super duper snazzy…

So I’m currently running a 4x2x5 tent with a cheap “1000w” Chinese led but for me and a small grow i should be fine… homemade fan system for now at least until next week when I have the extra cash to do it right…

Everything using a 50/50 mix of happy frog and ocean forrest…Running currently 2 blue kush clones… one in a 5 gallon fabric, one in a 2.5 gallon plastic only until I get my hands on more happy frog to fill the other 5 gallon fabric pot… I have two warlock seedling about 2 weeks old, planted together for a weird twisty training experiment and a seed from my summer outdoor grow that is unidentified but was a beautiful girl and gave me 10 seeds to play with… pictures follow…

Thanks for reading all!! Advice and criticism expected and welcomed!!

26 Likes

Looks like you are off to a good start. No hate, but you will want to replace that chineseium light after you finish a round with it.

I keep considering getting a tent but my cats would shred one.

3 Likes

Oh I know about the light… like I said budgeted it up and got what I got…

I have a buddy that’s turned me onto cheap, efficient diy led setup but it can be pieces pieced together over the next few months to make it easier on the wallet lol

6 Likes

I hear you there.

Looks good though like I said. I’ll be following along too!

2 Likes

I see you my padawan lol. Everythings looking good. Those blue kush clones look strikingly familiar for some reason. Hopefully they’ll turn out as nice as the momma. @Jellypowered I told him not to go full blurple, but I understand lack of funds. I told him to get some SOLstrips or Bridgelux strips and I’d help wire them up.

3 Likes

I should have given you a bag of rice hulls to use as mulch when you were over here the other day.

Next time you swing by I’ll give you a bag of them and some worm compost/bio char mix to topdress with.

3 Likes

@DavesNotHere I was gonna recommend them, but I don’t wanna sound like i’m a fanboy … they are just awesome lol.

1 Like

For sure… everything is looking pretty… realized to keep a decent cycle I’m gonna need another tent and light hahah

1 Like

It depends, I grew for years with one tent and a 250w mh/hps setup. I slowly added more stuff as they paid for themselves. Which btw I still have the reflector, 250w electronic ballast, and hortilux eye mh/hps bulbs if you want to use them.

5 Likes

Possibly… might be something to switch for flowering…

Excited to see how this goes…get shit done right

2 Likes

Love checking on the babies early in the morning

3 Likes

I check on mine several times a day. I germinated my first 5 out of 5 WW . One dampened off but I still have 4. It is like my first child all over again. The grow shop is sick of me so I came here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Best of grows to you my brother! Looks as if you have a great support system. Those friends and this unique forum will guarantee your success. Baby steps. Jah!

1 Like

@DavesNotHere how are you putting your living soil together? Got some extra soil leftover and I wanna start creating something better…

I set up my current soil using 1 cubic foot bags of pro-mix and a mix of oyster shell, gypsum, kelp meal and alfalfa meal. All of which can be bought locally. The only addition I had to buy online was the neem meal, but I got that later and only use it as a topdressing and to feed my worm. Let it sit and compost for a few weeks and you’re good to go.
When I fill a smaller pot I take that base mix and blend it at kinda 50/50 with soil from the worm bin. If I’m not transplanting into the big pot, I add the soil from used pots back to the worm bin so they can do their thing. When I transplant into the big pot, that soil also gets added into the worm bin. Essentially it’s one big nutrient loop.

3 Likes

Haha that big pot!

Question…
Do you refill that every grow or do you chop/replant and let the roots compost back in?

Couple shots from today… soil surface is a touch dry but it is literally just the surface.
Blue kush getting her grow on!!

And the warlock twins

3 Likes

I just chop the finished plant, dig some holes, and drop the next set of plants in. Usually all in the same day. The leafs get set in one bin to dry, then get powderized and re-added as a top dressing. The stems and stalks get set off to the side to be turned into biochar. Normally used just drop the old leafs on top so they are a mulch, but what you saw when you were over here was just my mulch layer. We would have to dig down about 3-4 inches before you hit the soil mix layer.

2 Likes

I say god dang!! That’s insane but super beneficial

You didn’t get to see the tremors action I have going on in that pot. You can usually scratch at the top layer and watch the worms freak out lol.

1 Like