TopShelfs trees (Part 1)

@Indicana_Jones do you think uv would be more beneficial as supplementary side lighting instead of regular up top ???

3 Likes

You are definitely correct, that’s kind of what bud factor x is from AN it tricks the plant into thinking it’s under attack and in turn it produces trichomes as they are also a defense against bugs as well. It’s amazing the defense mechanism is what we are all trying to manipulate. I hated AN and found although it helped bud factor x can be out performed strictly by following strict regimens etc.

4 Likes

May be onto something here….

3 Likes

I haven’t done any supplementary uvb lighting myself, but I have seen the results on some one else’s grow, and if seeing is believing, call me a believer. I think as long as you have your plants strung up properly and canopy thinned out, side lighting is a moot issue. Overhead supplemental UV lighting would serve just as well. It doesn’t take a lot. I know gavita makes one and they are like 30 w or something. Putting one in-between 2 lights seems to do just fine.

3 Likes

Was thinkin from above bud tips and leafs

From 45 degree more bud slightly less leaf

90 degree side lighting mostly bud

( gets the light )

W3-4 above
W5-7 45 degree
W8- finish side

Just shooting the breeze : )

5 Likes

See my UV diodes are mounted to my fixture and controlled from it or my controller, I’ve been meaning to get some seperate ones for over a year now, now when I do it’s experiment time! Nice . I was looking at the HLG and the gavitas but there is a few strictly uv guys too (can’t remember names for the life of me) might be better to do a deep dive into the best available units first, mine are oldish I’m sure there’s better tech now

2 Likes

T5 for the win

3 Likes

Standard t5 or UV t5 ?

2 Likes

Uv one , reptile or migro or solacure

4 Likes

Haha. Bro. I remember when I first looked into the gavitas and my initial reaction was “do I even really care this much” to invest several hundred dollars into a 30 watt light?

2 Likes

The t5 uv has good amounts of uva and uvb

4 Likes

Ya it’s a bit much! If I told you what I paid for some of my crap over the years it would boggle your mind :weary: I’ve been sucked in many times by the new stuff! Hell I bought 8 240w LED’s from homegrown hydro (179$ shipping too) about 11-12 years back when LEDS were brand new! They sucked balls! One run, boxed em up, rehung the mh/hps . Always with the next bestest thing, still haven’t learned my lesson either only ones I’m extremely happy with is my RDWC setup (current culture) and my RAYONLED’s . The rest …. Ya I got taken, many many times!

3 Likes

Ugh. You’re gonna make me redo my research. One of the two is useless and I can’t remember which one it is.

3 Likes

Way cheaper too

3 Likes

Led uv is mainly uva I think

Don’t think they can make led throw uvb yet

3 Likes

Mine are Arcadia fixture and Arcadia desert bulb ( highest uv for desert reptiles )

3 Likes

You are correct sir, although they are working on it diligently. Gonna be interesting to see what’s next! Man we are gonna have to break off the trichome outer structure to see the buds inside soon! One 12” cola, 1 Oz of dry sift

5 Likes

My grows are small so reptile suit due to length and power

Bigger grows in eu you would go migro and us probably solacure

3 Likes

If they do eventually make them , they will be out of our price range for 5 years easy if not more

3 Likes

Oh definitely, they will be like 5000$ a pop easy then once all the rich pricks have em and breeders with giant budgets, they’ll drop to 3000$ and then 1800$ and we can start saving up :man_facepalming:t2: ahh to be a lowly cog in the chain huh :thinking:

3 Likes