TopShelfs trees (Part 2)

When I lived in the Mississippi Delta region, there were times when the sky would be black with Canadian Geese. Not exaggerating. No one hunts them, cuz they’re too hard to get close enuff to get a shot. You would be driving down the road and a field would be literally covered in geese. Soon as you stop, every single one of those birds would take off. Never to be seen again. They eat the leftover rice in the rice fields.

3 Likes

That’s cool! They are a nuisance at times but really nice creatures. I’ve seen fields completely covered as well on their stops. It’s pretty interesting how they fly so far every year to return. We have places here they are fed almost daily so they stopped flying south. People feed them bread (bad for them) and corn and stuff.

3 Likes

Yeah, they use the Mississippi River to navigate north and south. They are literally in the millions.

3 Likes

I hate them and think we should all kick them.

2 Likes

That’s cool I didn’t know that. Always wanted to see the Mississippi in person

1 Like

They use some of the more minor rail corridors I think too.

1 Like

They can definitely be aggressive, I remember them attacking us many times, usually when babies are around .

3 Likes

8 Likes

I was waiting for this brother, left you alone as I knew yesterday would be tough. RIP Terry you were definitely loved

5 Likes

Morning OG. Morning @TopShelfTrees1 . Done.

4 Likes

And TURDS??? WHATCHU TALKING ABOUT?
Those rascals will put out a turd the size of your F You finger. And a huge amount of them.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy.

1 Like

We’ve got Great Blue Herons here. Things shit like a big dog.

4 Likes

Good morning guys! Friggin Monday!

2 Likes

Yes and you have to follow them around with a bag too.

2 Likes

And cover a whole damn street in them, dufferin islands here is now pretty disgusting year round because they stay and crap EVERYWHERE it’s nasty!! And beaches get closed here regularly in the summer because of their shite making the water toxic. There’s definitely too many now I believe

3 Likes

No way! That’s gnarly man! :joy:

1 Like

I could give you all kinds of reasons why i hate them, I just hate them.

1 Like

Those are some of my favourite birds, I love them in fact……

3 Likes

Yup. That’s what happens when humans do not harvest wild game. Same thing would happen with deer, if we did not hunt them. They become overpopulated and then they fight for food, get diseases, etc. Not good. Hunters provide a much needed benefit for the environment.

3 Likes