TopShelfs trees (Part 3)

WTF…Chili without beans? Even my white chicken chili has beans. I’m confused. Nothing new.

1 Like

I grew up in south Louisiana. Right in the middle of Boudin Central. The best boudin on the planet. And trust me…. These folks dont spell their boudin with any “a” in it. Nice to meet ya @Alexander carry on.

1 Like

Chili traditionally doesn’t come with beans. Its chilies and meat only. But beans are added to most home varieties along with other things. Once you’ve had the traditional version with fire roasted chilies and cubed chuck roast its hard to go back to other chilies.

2 Likes

So boudin is like andouille? I did try to google some of those things and it showed me crickets. Like what’s grillons? Also I am taking notes and prepping to butcher a recipe trying it for the first go.

2 Likes

Nice to meet ya as well, still around those parts? we visit Crowley a good bit to see one of our daughters and her family.

You prefer Best Stop, Don’s, or Billy’s?

1 Like

oh bless your heart… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Authentic Canadian Poutine Recipe:

McCain Superfries
A can of dirty brown gravy
Cheese curds.

Anyone who tells you to put peas in it is a sadist.

3 Likes

lol well damn, busted out with the bless your heart. Now I feel way off lol.

1 Like

Im from Texas and even I think the idea of putting pea’s into fries smothered in gravy and cheese is monstrous! Death penalty!

2 Likes

My wife is eating Frito Pie at a Tool concert right this moment.

4 Likes

Another of life’s simple pleasures.

2 Likes

Very similar simple dirty recipe like the poutine.

sorry, I thought you were just joshing me.
decent basic boudin recipe.

andouille is a rough textured pork sausage think kielbasa with a spicier kick

1 Like

I ate a frito pie burrito today

1 Like

Best Stop. I ve known Billy since he was a kid. Ive moved. Grew up very close to Crowley

1 Like

That sounds awesome. I was thinking about the limited non soggy window.

Best Stop is my favorite as well. I am up in the Piney Woods area (not far from TB)

Oh man you guys have me crackin up over here! Literally! I love it.

3 Likes

@SHSC-1 awesome! Glad to hear it, I know how you can’t rest until the freezers are full! Very nice! I know you got lots of fish too, few birds and you are definitely set! I gotta come by for some real Canadian Game!

5 Likes

I shit in the woods once when i was a kid. Or as my babysitter thought of me, a weird, weird kid.

4 Likes