TopShelfs trees (Part 3)

Good morning OGers!

The ol’ slip-n-fall takes a heavy toll on backs (and tail bones) across the land when winter comes around. @Mithridate 's got the solution. Keeping the core in shape not only helps you brace yourself when a slip turns into a fall. It probably also helps to fine tune balance and coordination, so slips get caught ~before~ they turn into falls.

Be safe out there!

5 Likes

Oh man, stupid herms! Sorry to hear that! Glad to be the bearer of good news this morning!

1 Like

You are so right! And something I’m definitely noticing I’ve been lacking recently. Let myself go a bit . But I’m working on it .

3 Likes

I’ve lost a lot of feeling in my feet so I’m not sure where they are placed when I step down. It’s like walking on stilts. This Winter is not going to be fun. I have no idea how to get around in snow and ice while walking on stilts.

6 Likes

1 more day hell maybe even 12 more hours and trainwreck would of blew herm load lol. Just glad to catch it in time. A guy at work was telling me it’s good karma making its way back to me from helping people ever since I started discord and joined OG

8 Likes

That must be incredibly weird bro, I can only imagine. Hopefully the feeling returns or they find a way to fix it . Thoughts and prayers are with you

4 Likes

Well that’s a blessing for sure, good job being vigilant. And a great way of looking at it. Love it

4 Likes

Glad you caught that HTiD! I had that happen a while back. It’s amazing how many seeds I found after harvest. I saw just one male flower and culled the plant. Another had obviously already popped because everything in the room was full of seeds. That sucked like a Kirby vacuum cleaner.

4 Likes

Make sure your boots have good traction. :+1: …And then take one step at a time.

3 Likes

Empty floor space in the tent just kills me! My 3x3 is dark right now. Gotta fix that.

2 Likes

I missed a herm that was on a lower in the back. I had seeds, but gratefully they were almost all on low stuff. Butter bin stuff.

3 Likes

I feel your pain with that brother, after I broke both my legs, I have major nerve pain and nueropathy issues in my right leg especially as it’s held together with a rod, and my left leg loses feeling without warning if I’m on my feet too long as well.

I have to watch the speedometer quite a lot driving because I just can hardly feel the gas pedal under my right foot it was scary initially but I’m so used to it now it feels normal somewhat

7 Likes

We’re both bionic! I’ve got a rod, 4 plates and 4 screws holding my right wrist /forearm together from a crazy hockey injury.

6 Likes

Road tripping with the pup today going to my dads and we made a quick stop for breakfast. We’ll back to it now got places to be

17 Likes

@HighTilliDie you have a 4door or a hatchback?

2 Likes

What a cutie! Look at that face !

6 Likes

I’m actually thinking about taking some tread from an old tire and cutting it up for soles, then adding spikes. I’ll strap them to the bottom of my boots. You can buy a cheap version of those but they would only work for light duty. I’m needing something to help me get around in the woods. Slipping around while running a chainsaw is not a good idea. Unfortunately I have been in too bad a shape lately and don’t have nearly enough wood up for the year. I’ll be out there cutting eventually. Hopefully I can catch it at the right time and not have to deal with all that stuff.

9 Likes

I use spiked boots for fishing, I have a few pairs from simms , they also sell tungsten and carbide spikes (simms) that screw into any boots, they last me a couple years and I use them TONS on rocks and everything

5 Likes

4 door focus but she’s a passenger princess. There’s a pillow and blanket in the passenger seat and my jacket. We had a bacon egg cheese burrito and then some Krispy Kreme. Shes never had donuts before hopefully she doesn’t act wild today lol

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I was that asshole that knocks on your door and convinced your wife to finance a $2,000 vacuum.

6 Likes