TopShelfs trees (Part 3)

It’s ALWAYS national poutine day up here!

9 Likes

Good morning everyone. Wet rainy day here again

5 Likes

Is it a crime in Canada if you reach 40 w/o ever trying poutine? doubt we have the real stuff down here anyway.

5 Likes

Yes. Very YES! :angry:

Allow me to change your life. :raised_hands:

Go buy some nice fat French fries, Good Quality Mozzarella (THE BEST QUALITY YOU CAN FIND!), And the Best Gravy You can find.

Fry the fries in oil.

Break up even chunks of mozzy and sprinkle evenly across fries.

THEN… here’s the magic, throw it in the oven and let the cheese melt just a little.

Then dump your warm gravy on top.

If anyone does it, please come back and post pictures :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: .

8 Likes

Important Question…

Harveys Poutine or KFC Poutine or NY Fries :thinking:

2 Likes

I can manage this I think…

In-n-Out fries (hate frying at home), homemade gravy and some mozzarella. Isn’t it cheese curds? I thought there was more to this.

3 Likes

Yeah they use cheese curds… but trust me Mozzy slaps. :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

Oh, and Retail would soo use Mozzy if it wasn’t so expensive, trust me on that! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Gotta be NY Fries, I used to love a Harvey’s poutine but they changed em near me, now it’s like a Swiss chalet sauce poutine. There’s a fry truck near me, “Michelle’s Fries” I’ve been going since I was a wee lad, they have one helluva poutine! :drooling_face: oh man now I’m jonesin over here!

4 Likes

Yes cheese curds are ideal, but Danny is right, a good mozzarella is still pretty great, they use curds at Harvey’s actually or did…. There’s SO many different poutine gravies it’s all about finding a good one to your taste. When I was in Quebec! OMFG that’s 88% of what I ate for 2 weeks, no joke! It was like a poutine lovers dream! And there are a million poutines now, w/bacon, w/cheddar/mozzarella/curds , Buffalo poutine w/chicken, blah blah but nothing beats the original imho

4 Likes

Makin’ smash burgers and poutine for dinner now… Tonight we dine in Canada!

4 Likes

Yes! Oh man you just summed up my last supper!

3 Likes

Yeah NY goes hard. I kind of really like Harveys salty gravy, and the KFC gravy has a nice thick consistency (but not really the best for poutine imo).

You guys are making me so hungry :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

lol I haven’t even had breakfast yet… so hungry! can we talk about plants again?

3 Likes

These sound like cheese fries with gravy!

4 Likes

See, you nailed it! Idk what they did here, maybe it’s the process but NOW it tastes like medicine gravy! I used to absolutely love the salty Harvey’s stuff plus they use curds (I think :thinking:)

1 Like

erhm sir not at all.

That sir is a Poutine.

3 Likes

This is why I haven’t tried them yet…

3 Likes

Yeah this sounds a lot like change the name on the menu from cheese fries to poutine and charge double :joy:

3 Likes

I bet my good friends @Barefrog and @Mithridate know a thing or two about some poutiné ……
Ps. (Mith that new avatar makes me double check I’m tagging the right guy EVERYTIME! :man_facepalming:t2:)

4 Likes

It is different though trust me, ESPECIALLY with cheese curds….

2 Likes