TopShelfs trees (Part 3)

Back to some growing stuff @TopShelfTrees1 . You mentioned bring out of kelp. What kelp products do you like, and when do you like using them. I use Vital Garden Products Vital Kelp, or Growmore Seaweed Extract. These are from before I was indoor. Mostly using it up?
Maybe I’ll start a kept thread. “KELP. Poodle wants to know who does and doesn’t.” Pros and cons. Why. When. Mostly why.

2 Likes

I REALLY like velokelp from remo nutrients, but it’s pricy! Really all kelp additives are for some reason. I can’t remember the specific name but there’s a specific type of Norwegian kelp that is supposedly one of the biggest plants in the world, I got a sample of this stuff made from those and holy crap it was amazing! But was ridiculous so I’ve never bought it again, I love rhizotonic which is made from a similar product but again so pricy, I primarily use them all through cloning, and or seedling stage and most of Veg then just after defoliation in flower, I use it wicked sparingly though (like 1/4 rec rates and mostly for clones, foliars and a root drench once or twice after uppotting, honestly I find with kelp and mychorizae the roots formed and the strength of the plants themselves is something to behold, add some good silica they are almost bulletproof. Go figure all 3 products are ridiculous prices in their own right :man_facepalming:t2:

6 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 @Emeraldgreen @crownpoodle thoughts? Im thinking 1 month max on both these ladies. Golden tiger is mostly cloudy looking like snow drops here and there with very little if any clear but no ambers yet thst i could see and chemtek is mostly clear a little cloudy

11 Likes

Nice! Bet you can’t wait for your own headstash! Great news I can’t wait to hear how the Chemtek is, always wondered about that one.

4 Likes

Out of likes but the trichome density is unreal too @HighTilliDie nicely done!

2 Likes

I couldn’t find anymore flowering info on the chemtek or anything about the specific strain name

I’m pretty sure it’s skunkteks version of Chem or cut of Chem whatever if I remember correctly

Thanks @TopShelfTrees1. I’m so ready to have my own smoke!

1 Like

I bet bro! And it’s looking like some fire too! Awesome

Not very many smells from the 4x8 tho. Nothing really at all from chemtek but golden tiger we’ve noticed floral or herbal smell, sweet lemon, and a sweet skunky smell but only when moving a few branches not from a straight on open the tent and bam wow lol

I don’t run any carbon filters and the smell of banana daddy greets me at the front door anytime I walk back in can’t wait for that strain!

That is strange, but some really develop those last 3-4 weeks. Would think she’d be funky af! I’ve still yet to grow a single strain that actually tasted anywhere near banana. I hope that one is banana af!

2 Likes

Ahhhh epic! I miss the filter less days!

2 Likes

What kind of high do you like? If it’s a really knock down sleepy high try for more amber. Or dry a sample nug and see how you like it.
Most times I just go by a time frame almost never check trichs :joy:

3 Likes

I’m a minimum of 15% amber guy myself personally but I like the sledgehammer buzz :wink:

8 Likes

I usually go this route myself with so many physical injuries unless it’s a landrace or heirloom Sativa leaning type strain

And man filter less days, I miss my old house in California where I could not trip on smell and not use filters as there were plenty of other growers near me so it was harder to tell where the smell came from but at harvest time I was always smacked in the face with dank walking in my front door…

Neighbors didn’t care at all, just asked me for smoke all the time haha :joy:

6 Likes

Haha I had similar experiences, plus we were out in the sticks so no one knew, even the mailman didn’t come within 250 yards. I swear at one point everything I owned just smelled like dank! I could put on a clean fresh shirt, be standing in line and have like 4 people be like “smells killer bro” or “holy skunk man” etc. Then when those got bought up we moved into town and have had to buy filters since. Pita for sure

2 Likes

I always prefer a more sativa high than an indica high. I’m typically pulling my plants around day 60 when I see anywhere from 5-10% amber because they do further mature a bit after cutting and curing and I always get some sleeper strains even pulling at day 60

2 Likes

Hope everyone had a great day! It was a long day trimming, close to halfway done. Looking forward to making some bubble hash. :yum:

7 Likes

@TopShelfTrees1 that banana daddy is like day 40 now she’s been stinking since day 30 or so

2 Likes