TopShelfs trees (Part 4)

@TopShelfTrees1 , i read about how rich people change hands of property in America and avoid paying more taxes…

They pledge the property to the trust and not get it appraised.
When it’s time to change hands, you simply add the family member to the trust…

That way the property remains in its old value and hence less tax, no need to get it appraised unless you’re looking to sell or up the mortgage…

Take it with pinch of salt lol…

@HighTilliDie looking good brother, that manure is gold :fire::fire::fire:

Currently I’m in the same process of doing this in my front yard, dealing with an unwanted visitor (giant Bandicoot Rat)

7 Likes

@HighTilliDie bet I’m checking out the sushi joint this weekend!!!

3 Likes

i just wanted to say that i am glad you had a good time during the eclipse like i did. it was wild up in the maine north woods. so glad to have experienced the eclipse. it was special for sure!

i try and follow along and keep up with your thread, but it is like a rocket ship moving at the speed of light. when i get the time to check on you here, there are hundreds of post for me to catch up on in the short time since my last visit. you have massive traffic on this thread!

8 Likes

Tax values get assessed every 2 years on taxable property here regardless, and that value determines tax. The trust does serve to help defray the inheritance tax when someone dies as the next executor of the trust just steps in. This is one of the ways property can stay in the family even if the receiver can’t afford the huge inheritance tax at transfer. Otherwise they would be forced to sell immediately. It could be argued that huge inheritance taxes are unfair as well.

6 Likes

There’s all kinds of cool peeps here that live in Mo.

I have property in Climax Springs that I want to build on and move to after my boy finishes school.

3 Likes

It’s a yearly tax assessment where I live in Alaska.
Our assessed property value is substantially lower than the what it is actually worth.
Thank goodness
Our mill rate is over 18 which is high for what some others pay, but it’s one of our boroughs (county) only income streams considering we have no state income or sales tax.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s a cool area, great fishing and kayaking! I eventually want to try and grab some property in Shannon county around eminence or Winona. They have wild horses and the elk herd roaming out there!

2 Likes

I question the system of use of land or housing as an investment, or use as a taxation vehicle unless you own an excess of it.

3 Likes

I hear the Whitetail hunting is phenomenal as well.

1 Like

For example I don’t think the problem is individual landlords. I am just disappointed that to change the system, politicians would have to upset land owners, who typically hold the most funding and voting blocs. In canada we have an immigration boom with no end in sight and housing has gone up sharply in price over the last 2 decades. But to challenge this, would take drastic action or investment, which would not get the majority support that this requires. It’s why showboating on superficial actions is more popular with politicians rather than taking action, because taking action isn’t always about looking good.

5 Likes

Yeah the deer hunting, I never really think of. I take it for granted a bit but yeah theres some monsters out here! Dove are also a dime a dozen!

3 Likes

What area are we talking. Imma hunter.

4 Likes

We have a lack of long term rental properties, because there’s more money in having an airbnb type property.

3 Likes

The Mozarks. :grin:

2 Likes

That’s not right man! Was it a small local company or a larger one?

2 Likes

good morning @TopShelfTrees1 and the OG fam. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

time for a coffee and a bowl or two ! wish ya all a great day :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

@mainerJ thank you bro, I hear you on the movement of this thread, blows my own mind sometimes! I appreciate it a lot and thank you for stopping by and saying so .

3 Likes

There are a few on here I’ve helped at well down towards Kansas! Lots of cool people here! There is a thread I’m in now called “deep town farms- a MO grow”. Good morning everyone!

4 Likes

your welcome. sure a bunch of these guys stopped by niagara falls area too.

4 Likes

Good morning @m0sirys @HighTilliDie @mainerJ I hope you guys are all having an awesome morning! (I see us all writing at the same time)

6 Likes