TopShelfs trees (Part 4)

That does sound like a blast! Getting a big shark or tuna.
I hooked into a blue shark when I was a kid deep sea fishing out of Santa Barbara, but we couldn’t get it close enough to club.

@TopShelfTrees1 when are you going yo come fishing up here? I’m sure I could arrange some ocean outings and there’s plenty of fish inland as well.

3 Likes

200w (10)

Mornin fellas!

3 Likes

Oh man ! Hopefully soon! That’s been atop the bucket list for 30 years or so, no joke. When I come in staying at least 10 days hopefully like 14 cuz there’s so much I want to do! But fishing the kenai for those absolutely monster kings is a must! As well as steelhead, dollies, always wanted a cutthroat . I may never leave in fact :wink:

3 Likes

Good morning brotha! Hope it’s going great so far @Indicana_Jones

2 Likes

Man! I have packages I’m highly anticipating that are still showing they are where they were dropped off last Tuesday. And are hundreds of miles apart and dropped off at way different times. This shit has my anxiety going for sure. Stupid USPS :man_facepalming:t2:

ANYONE else having problems with the usps website or am I just euchered here and my packages dissapeared

3 Likes

Canada post as well no mail delivered to my apt building since first of last week the it is the whole route a lot of boomers live here and are waiting for things they big made canada post is aware of the situation it is a man power issue they said since first of year there has been over 5 different people

2 Likes

If you want to combat fish the Kenai while your in the area you can head out of Deep Creek, Seward or Homer for some big halibut and rock fish - salmon shark, lin cod.
I live right next to some nice rivers that use to be epic for Kings, but they’ve had terrible returns for the last 20 years and are closed to King fishing.
In my area the reds, silvers, pinks and chum still run hard though, as well as Dolly Varden, Grayling,
Rainbows. Pike and lake trout in the lakes.

I have a ex coworker that runs a charter out of Prince Of Wales down in Southeast.
He would definately get you into some kings and halibut. Oh yeah and the Steelhead! :grin:

4 Likes

Lincod is great eating.

5 Likes

I agree.
Beer battered Halibut is a close second.

5 Likes

Oh mannn! You guys have me itching to get out on a real trip now! Seriously! I’m taking note of all of this. I know I’ve told you before how much of an allure Alaska holds for me and my wife too. But catching some beautiful wild true salmon, trout etc. both on a boat and on a river bank or in a drift boat etc. smashing wild fish hiding behind every rock!

Yup I’m officially drooling over here!

3 Likes

@BigMike55 and @JustANobody thank you for the goodies guys👊🏻 it’s truly appreciated

4 Likes

Any time dude. It look that long to get up there?!

3 Likes

The salmon are definitely better eating when they’re still in the saltwater or at the mouth of the river.
When they still have the sea lice attached to them.
Dip netting on the Kenai river is big, but I think only residents are allowed to dip net

Other big things are digging razor and butter clams on the Kenai.
You can go out of Whittier - the wettest spot in Alaska and enter Prince William Sound for some epic fishing and prawns.
I’m not sure about the regs for crab, but dungees in Southeast and King crab from Kodiak and up the western coast.
There is also dip netting for Hooligan
Diving for Geoduck and sea cucumber.

Have you ever seen a geoduck?
images (1)

13 Likes

Was Thursday or Friday, i forgot but realized now as i wrote it in my board. My bad, shits been real weird here lately. For like a month or so now sadly , and now it’s spread to usps apparently :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Nope! But I heard the name! You eat those ?

3 Likes

I don’t but I hear they make great clam chowder.
First time I saw one, I was like, Hell No!

4 Likes

Holy hell I never seen those before lol

3 Likes

Dirty Jobs, with Mike Rowe did an episode with geoduck. Those things squirt too

5 Likes

Ya nope! I’m not a big sea food guy believe it or not, lobster oh yes gimme all the lobsters! :lobster:, shrimp I love :fried_shrimp: and a few varieties of fish, few select types of sushi too but that’s really it, my wife will eat all the crazy shit, my youngest son too. Not me, I’ll try some shit but usually once I’m like :nauseated_face: eww, it’s too late cuz I’ll hate it anyway . (Yup I’m fuct)

4 Likes

They are more a Pacific Northwest thing, up the coast of British Columbia and into Southeast Ak

4 Likes