TopShelfs trees (Part 5)

Holy crap @TopShelfTrees1 . I assumed you were out fishing. My wife gets those terrible migraines that last days. I really feel for you and I’m glad that shit is gone.

Good morning to all a y’all.

6 Likes

Oof. That sounds miserable. I get the occasional overwhelming migraine but I can’t imagine 26 hours of it. Hope you’re doing much better.

5 Likes

good morning everyone :evergreen_tree: :evergreen_tree: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :smoking: :smoking:

5 Likes

@Indicana_Jones @Trimeresurus I’ve never felt anything like that. Almost went to the hospital 3 times but I know I’ll just sit there for 4/6/8 hours and they’ll give me Tylenol or something :man_facepalming:t2:. I should have popped that morphine earlier but it’s sooooo hard! Thanks guys I don’t ever wanna experience that again. My wife gets them too , for 20 years. I’ve never been able to fully understand until now. The other two I’ve had were a couple hours. 26 was insane!

7 Likes

I do once in a while but it’s rare tbh. Even fishing I’ll just give them their own joint as I hate wasting 5 mins I could be drifting or landing a fish . I feel you on everyone being behind. Although my tolerance is way down lately, but not by choice :wink:

5 Likes

I suffered from those for YEARS. Man I hate to hear that one of my friends has to deal with them. I used to have them so bad I’d throw up till there was nothing left and then dry heave. Try that with a migraine. That’s a whole different level of hell on earth.
Hope you never experience another as long as you live bro.

6 Likes

And good morning BTW to all here!

5 Likes

Thank you brother. It’s really the worst feeling ever because you can’t do anything, even leaving my room to go to the bathroom, kitchen the light would kill me, I put on my snowboard goggles no joke! Then the guys came to cut the grass etc. I wanted to go out and kick his head in! Ugh! I had my head in between the pillows. Then I realized about my noise cancelling headphones. They actually helped a lot. Just wish it didn’t take 10 hours to realize :man_facepalming:t2:. I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to subside, panicking. That’s when I said screw it and chewed a 10mg morphine pill. Thank god for that little blue beauty :blush:

9 Likes

There is definitely a place and time for heavy pain meds. That is a fact.

5 Likes

I get them rarely but it seems to me that it is a form of sensory overload and so I do everything I can to pretend I’m in a dark quiet hole. Mostly I put in earplugs and keep a pillow over my face.

When the light injures you, that sucks.

6 Likes

My go to was a long cool (not cold) shower with the lights turned off. That helped more than anything else except pills.

6 Likes

I tried searching for an article to better explain but I cannot find one. A gym coach a long time ago taught me about a routine to end your showers with. It helps all sorts of ailments and I found it especially helpful for tension headaches, if you can manage taking a shower at least. So the end of your shower, you cycle the water temperatures 30-90sec COLD AS FUCK, 30-90sec as warm as you can take it, cold… warm and so forth. Two or three cycles is all i can manage, it’s not comfortable at all but it feels great.

5 Likes

I’ve only had a couple migraines. It’s been years. I just remember wanting it quiet and dark. Glad your feeling better.

4 Likes

That sucks to hear. Do you like cayenne peppers? They are supposed to block the receptors that cause headaches.

4 Likes

Good morning everyone. Hope you’re all having a great day.
Feeling very grateful I’ve not experienced a 26 hour migraine!!
Definitely a place for pain medication

5 Likes

Good morning @TopShelfTrees1 and friends! :wink::+1::facepunch::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Low glucose levels for an extended time gives me a migraine.

3 Likes

Sorry youre going through this migrane @TopShelfTrees1 . Ive had a bad thumper many a times but never a full blown migrane.

3 Likes

Haha. I just pictured how great adult life would be if we had a gym coach following us around all day yelling at us to be and do better. Good hustle Jones!

6 Likes

Drop and give me twenty

7 Likes