Tracker's garden

My first time with it. It’s finicky and grows weird.

2 Likes

Alright seems simple enough. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @Tracker
How many phenos could one expect from the Blue Dream?
Any pheno that’s ur favourite/something to watch out for while growing these out?

2 Likes

No idea really. The seeds were made by selfing a plant that a friend of mine JD selected out of a pack of Blue Dream S1’s.

The original BD(JD6) plant that made the seeds starts out with leaves like this…

And by the time it’s about to flower, the leaf blades get longer and skinnier like this…

The structure is lanky and needs support. It grows vigorously.

The aroma/flavor/effect is exactly like I recall from the Blue Dream in the dispos in SoCal in the mid 2000’s, hazy blueberry.

I imagine you’ll see some phenos lean more haze or more blueberry. They should mostly be lanky sativa structure.

The farthest along i’ve seen pics from my seeds is in my friend’s garden a few posts up on this thread. Also @Kasper0909 has some in veg right now.

16 Likes

If you’ve ever had the original clone only Blue Dream, that’s what I would want to find. Vigorous, big, productive plant with blueberry haze aroma and uplifting effect.

4 Likes

@iceman here’s a BD(JD6) in a local friend’s organic vegie garden last year. It got over 8ft…

20 Likes

Garden yesterday evening. All looking healthy.

The MAC1 is taking the transition well. I’ve been moving it in the afternoon to maximize direct sun exposure, west yard in the morning and then east yard in the afternoon. Its getting about 9.5 hours direct sunlight. It’s already showing signs of stretch starting with just a few dark nights.

Big Girl is going to have a lot of flower on her. She’s not making much aroma or showing many trichs yet. Hopefully that will start to happen within a week or two.

Genie is already very aromatic, sticky, and starting to show trichs. I didn’t back up a clone of Genie this time, so those genes will only be passed on in the Genie Juice, Dream Genie, and whatever seeds I make on her this season.

BD(JD6) is still stretching and throwing first pistils. I haven’t flowered her outdoors until now, so I didnt know what to expect.

Kristi is nit going to start flowering until the end of next week.

Big Girl

BD(JD6)

Genie

Kristi

MAC1

19 Likes

That one looks like the BD clone for sure.

1 Like

It’s on now. :sunglasses: :metal:

2 Likes

My 7y.o. kid is way into educational youtube videos. I’ve got her growing her own plants in the vegie garden, so she watches a lot of garden videos. She asked if i’d ever heard of aphids and told me I should watch this video. She’s already learning the struggles.

12 Likes

Friend’s garden. Power Nap in the back and Dream Genie in the front. This canopy is looking awesome…

20 Likes

That’s quite big! :grin:
Would you advise flipping early indoors, 3-4 weeks veg from seed?

I’ve never tried Blue Dream yet but sure am excited to search what you described. :v:t3::slightly_smiling_face:
I really like blueberry.

1 Like

Indoor, I would train the plants outward in veg to fill 75% of the total allowable footprint, them flip to 12/12. They need support, trellis or poles. The structure is lanky. It will flop over when the buds put on weight.

Blue Dream was super popular in the SoCal dispos when I lived there in the 2000’s. Anyone over there at that time definitely tried it. It was one of my favorites. Some people hate on it.

The aroma is like slightly sweet blueberry and sandalwood. Energetic, giggly effect (for me anyway).

It is definitely a classic.

6 Likes

BD(J6) in the tent. Gonna try a little tie down training using realty soft pipe cleaners and a hole punch this round.

9 Likes

The juxtaposition of those is really cool: narrow leaf on the far left, broad leaf on the far right and something in between the two in the middle. Was that intentional?

2 Likes

No. I started with the three in the bed arranged that way to put the shortest plant uphill (right) and the stretchiest plant downhill (left). Big Girl just happened to volunteer up where she’s growing on the downhill side.

If Big Girl had popped up on the uphill side, I’d have to take off at least 4 ft from the top of her. To the far right of the bed about 40 to 50 ft, there’s a 6ft wood gate that goes to the front yard. Another 40 ft beyond that is the sidewalk and then the street.

As it is now, I can see Big Girls tops from the sidewalk, but there are trees close behind and to the left of Big Girl, just out of the picture. Looking at it from 80ft away, the tops are not discernable with all the green tree leaves. If not for that, I would have to take about 2 to 3 ft off her top where she’s at now.

5 Likes

The happiness of standing next to a plant taller than you never gets old, does it?

2 Likes

Haha! I like to stand there and stare at it for sure.

4 Likes

Ya I was always a huge fan of blue dream back in the day. That and blue cheese.

1 Like

Pollination will begin. This weekend, Big Girl and Genie will get different crosses dusted on a few different branches. BD(JD6) looks like she’ll be ready in another 2 or 3 weeks. Kristi has a long way to go. MAC1 is taking the transplant very well.

Big Girl

BD(JD6)

Genie

Kristi

MAC1

Made some coconut oil with 110g Genie / 4.5 cups oil output. I WAG it at to be in the range of (75 to 100)mg / tsp. It’s works. Night night…

18 Likes