Trails and turds

Hey folks seems I have some visitors. I’m not having much luck with an id because I don’t see any bugs, only their sign.

There are 12 ladies in the room, they are otherwise healthy besides 3 or 4 of them and only then it’s just a few places that look like this on the leaves of the lowest branches. Running SoHum soil and water, they are still in veg but need flipped in the next couple weeks. What did I leave out?

Any ideas?

Y’all be good to one another.

Thanks in advance for the help.

fr0g_D

4 Likes

Thrips maybe? Check this out, looks similar … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I suspected thrips but I could not seem to find the pic I was needing for confirmation.

Thanks @George

2 Likes

Try SNS209 (Sierra Natural Science)……send for SAMPLE Pack. I did, only paid shipping ($20.00 to Maine). All natural BTW. Good Luck!!!

2 Likes

Thrips indeed. The light residue is dried plant sap, they scrape the leaves and feed on the sap. The black dots are excrement. :nauseated_face: If you are in the US, treatment is simple. Use a spinosad product like Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Brew. Follow the directions on the bottle.
fuck-a-thrips

8 Likes

I’ll get a sample headed this way for next time.

2 Likes

Picked this up about an hour ago.

4 Likes

If you haven’t killed them they are still there, so no next time. They hide down in between the joints of the leaves and stalks and underneath the leaves. When spraying spray under the leaves first and then the stems and tops of the leaves, every 3-4 days for for 3 weeks as well as the top of your soil in the pots.

6 Likes

That’s the stuff. Spray at lights out for best results.

3 Likes

As others have stated - thrips for sure - spinosad will get the job done. Spray at lights out, don’t spray in flower. Spinosad is a translaminar pesticide, which means it is locally systemic. Get good coverage, but you don’t have to get every little speck to kill them. I’ve had good success doing two applications one week apart. hth. :v:

4 Likes

impregnate the ground with BTK and spray that on the plants as well. Death…is…assured. uh but not your death, it’s a harmless protein.

2 Likes

Thanks y’all, the ladies and their pots have been sprayed with spinosad, next Tuesday they’ll get another dose. I’ll likely hit them later this week with Mammoth P Bio defense for good measure.

I appreciate the help.

fr0g_D

6 Likes

yup spinosad is extremely effective, but thrips can reproduce asexually so a single female left behind can repopulate given enough time

3 Likes

Them sunsabiches! Why can’t we have just one bug that comes along and boosts terps and THC levels? I’d pay for some of that action!

3 Likes