Trainwreck hybrid project.

Hello OGers. I have been out of the grow scene for a few years and am getting ready to re emerge and get off the dispensary system and am looking for a few things namely the legendary ole Trainwreck. I have been looking around and I have heard good things about Twenty20’s Tdub x E32. Has anyone grown that out who had experience with the clone only? How close of an experience is it?

I also am looking for a TW hybrid that maybe has the wreck effects with a better frame. I have seen some bloodwreck and time wreck out there. The TW x trinity sounds amazing and I did enjoy the vortex. I also had eyes on some of the TW crosses from Beahhorder.

I looked for an open thread for TW stuff that wasn’t closed. If I made an error in putting this in the wrong place feel free to moderate me. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I recently got some trainwreck from @JAWS maybe he can point you in the right direction. He’s a great breeder on here who sells on great lake genetics, helps out a lot, and shares a lot to refer to!

5 Likes

I have my eyes on a couple of his packs. Does anyone know anything about the black berry meds?
That Hawaiian lime ogee looks good. Fpog as well as the dogs of war.

3 Likes

Maybe he can personally help you @JAWS any input to help?

5 Likes

I grew F2s of Spirit Train by Bodhi Seeds that I enjoyed. That’s Trainwreck x Kashmir

17 Likes

Gorgeous plants! They look much more stable frame wise. How did they smoke? :star_struck:

2 Likes

I haven’t been disappointed with anything I’ve grown from Bodhi. This was a couple of years ago but I recall a very nice buzz that had hybrid effects but was overall upbeat and happy.

I looked through my log and didn’t see a detailed description of the smoke, but I found more pics!

6 Likes

Bohdi is the nicest dude. I have a couple of his packs already. I will keep my eyes out for the spirit train.
:pray:

1 Like

Okay, I have spent some time checking around on TW. Mostly hybrids but I will list what I have found so far.
AG Seed Company: TW x NL5
AKBB: Purple fuzz: Bloodwreck x querkle.
Bean hoarder: Williams Wreck, Bigwreck blueberry, TW x Sweet tooth 3, TW x Black Widow.
Bob’s Bitchin Beans: Chernobyl s1
Bohdi: Spirit train: TW x Kashmir.
CSI: Polar Express TWx 79XMAS kush, TWs1
H&L: Virginia Creeper TW x Appalachia
Norstar: Darkwood: Bloodwreck x dead head OG.
Jaws: Trainwreck meds TW x BlackBerry meds, Slippery rails TW x Banana kush?
Jinxproof: pucker punch Bloodwreck x Norton.
Jordan of the islands: Gods Trainwreck TW x purple skunk.
Mz.Jill: Queen Anne’s Revenge bloodwreck x spacequeen. Going to list her for Chernobyl but not sure if anyone is selling it not crossed. Bloodwreck x Jack the Ripper.
Homegrown Natural Wonders: Tardis Oregon Diesel x timewreck. Frostboss Chem D x TangTang x Timewreck.
Santa Cruz Goat farm: E32 arcata TW fem?
Snowhigh: Vietnam wreck? TW x Vietnam black.
20Twenty Mendo: has E32 and superwreck both Feminized.

I have heard of Casey Jones since I was a teenager from what I can tell it’s supposed to be TW x thai x E.C.S.D. sounds interesting.

That’s my list so far. I will try to update it as I go along. Feel free to point out any I missed. I didn’t go through the smaller breeders yet. I left out most European banks as I have little knowledge outside of Shanti’s white line.

4 Likes

I recently picked up a few superwreck seeds from mendo Twenty20

They boast about a really big hunt for their parent selections, should be pretty true TW

2 Likes

Awesomeness! I appreciate the feedback. Thanks Jay. :grin:
I was talking with Jaws about his Trainwreckmeds… He says there is a Blackberry cobbler pheno to be found in it. :exploding_head: :thinking:

1 Like

Kind of off topic but I got trainwreck OGEE from jaws and I planned on breeding it with banana OG in hopes of making one of my favorite strains from my past banana trainwreck. I’m searching for that sweet banana runtz with a hint of skunky dank weed in the background

4 Likes

I will keep working on linking the conversation but he hasn’t nailed the banana flavor into the line yet but he’s planning on working on it. Totally on topic btw that’s why I started this thread.

I did the thing! :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I also wanted to mention that Woodhorse genetics has a IBL Trainwreck. His is a really old site from 2002 that has directions on how to order. Just make sure you have the email for his PayPal account. I kept trying to send it to the wrong email and it was frustrating. Once we figured it out it was easy peasy. He has some other fun stuff but I am trying not to Trainwreck, my own thread.:laughing:

@Strikingviking that’s very good info! I’m excited to see what trainwreck banana cross he comes up with! Until then imma try my hand at breeding. My first trial is the face off IX by archive I got from my buddy leetdood. I might toss in a gary payton or banana OG and see how they turn out

1 Like

I want to give archive gear a go one day but the price of some of his gear is just out of reach. Tried the moonbow 112 and it was fantastic! but 350 to 400 a pack is not something a disabled medical patient can swing. This is not meant as a gripe at archive they have fire but it seems marketed to premium, elite crowd.

2 Likes

If you want to grow some of jaws trainwreck work and are willing to document it and whatnot, I can send you some :purple_heart:

1 Like

I’m definitely interested but I can’t say for sure when I will be able to pop them. I’m more at the research and collecting stage. It would probably next winter before I could pop any but I plan on posting all my future grows here. I don’t want to be someone who takes something that could go to someone who could benefit.

I appreciate that. If I haven’t plopped em down by then, I’ll gladly still share. I try to grow as much as I can but I can’t get to it all. If you get to the point of wanting to take the plunge, let me know. If I get to some in the meantime, I’ll tag you